Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spanish Language Instructor
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > GMC site feedback & suggestions
Esnola
Is there any instucctor who speak spanish??
And if answer is yes, is possible take lessons in spanish?

Best Regards smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Esnola @ Jul 1 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any instucctor who speak spanish??
And if answer is yes, is possible take lessons in spanish?

Best Regards smile.gif

Hola Esnola! Yes, there are many instructors that speak Spanish at the site, like me. (Lian Gerbino, Ramiro Delforte, Chowy Fernandes, Gerardo Siere, Adrian Figallo, Daniel Realpe, Lucio Antolini, Christian Vidal, Jonathan Burgos, and many more...). We are not allowed to write in spanish at the forum because it's not the language that every body can understand. However it could be a good idea (if we have more students that speak spanish interested) to schedule any spanish video chat sessions with any of the instructors.... Let's see what everybody thinks about this..
Saoirse O'Shea
If I remember correctly we had a member (Jamesito?) a few years ago who offered to run some Spanish lessons/translate if members were interested. I think he did some posts and then went off-line.

Otherwise Gabe is 100% correct - there are many Instructors (and members) fluent in both Hispanic, Castellano, Catalan and possibly Basque (albeit that the last two are not Spanish but languages spoken in main land Spain) and indeed other languages. Even us mods have an awareness of languages other than English wink.gif.

As it stands English remains the preferred language for GMC - albeit that this is reviewed periodically. What I would suggest is that any written forum post made that is not entirely in English includes an English translation. That way it is more inclusive of the majority of the users of the forum and more likely to get responses.

Gabe - some instructional video chats in languages other than English sounds like a great idea to me smile.gif .
MickeM
Lessons dubbed into Spanish with lousy lip sync, just like television and movies. The Spanish are taking over ph34r.gif
del-4fr53e3
Video Chats in various languages sounds like a very good idea smile.gif
Esnola
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2010, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hola Esnola! Yes, there are many instructors that speak Spanish at the site, like me. (Lian Gerbino, Ramiro Delforte, Chowy Fernandes, Gerardo Siere, Adrian Figallo, Daniel Realpe, Lucio Antolini, Christian Vidal, Jonathan Burgos, and many more...). We are not allowed to write in spanish at the forum because it's not the language that every body can understand. However it could be a good idea (if we have more students that speak spanish interested) to schedule any spanish video chat sessions with any of the instructors.... Let's see what everybody thinks about this..

Hi Grabriel and others
Not everybody can understand english too (like me blink.gif ), it´s only an idea make a forum section for spanish language and any others if there are people, I think that if here there is a spanish secction more people can comes here.

This one is a good page, something expensive if we compare it with other pages of lessons of guitar,but this page is one of the best.

I believe that the explanations of the lessons do not have doubt about understanding them in a general way, but it would not be a bad idea to do questions in other languages if the instructor speaks that language. And to speak about others temas too, like, sotware, hardware, etc....

However, can I do questions to instructor who speaks spanish in spanish language by Private Message?

Best Regards
Lian Gerbino
QUOTE (Esnola @ Jul 2 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, can I do questions to instructor who speaks spanish in spanish language by Private Message?

Best Regards

that's is a way to go, if you need something you cannot ask for it in English, you will be very welcome by PM. somtimes, even for us, we find things a bit tricky to explain in english... I remember how hard was for me to explain how to do a pinched harmonic LOL.
but, as the others said, here we have a community, and we should keep the things in just one way.
something really cool that happens here: from one specific thread, where, let's say 2-3 guys are discussing something, there are many members following it, and they don't show themselves on the thread, but still, they are learning.
that's why we have a thread with 10 replies and 10000 visits.

as I told you by PM, I can help you with all you need about the language here.

have fun!
Adrian Figallo
maybe a cool idea would be to have a script embeded on the video player with subtitles, that could be a great tool for a lot of people!
youtube is testing it now, but here would be much easier cause we have a TON of less content that youtube.

just my two cents biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Esnola @ Jul 2 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best Regards

As Lian said.. you'll be always welcome to do questions in spanish by PM. smile.gif
fkalich
I don't mind some Spanish, provided you are patient with those of us who don't know the language real well. I think we should all learn that language, there are so many Spanish speaking people in the world. In the US, it is certainly a good idea to learn the language.
Esnola
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As Lian said.. you'll be always welcome to do questions in spanish by PM. smile.gif

Thanks, and good luck tomorrow with Germany smile.gif
Gitarrero
Hmmm, wouldn't it be a cool idea to write the descriptions for the lessons (the written part under the main video) in spanish (in addition to the english text)? I mean, most instructors don't do a spoken introduction.
Actually, I'd rather see the forum be kept in english exclusively (besides some basic stuff that is sometimes written in the writers native language. I'd probably be able to follow a spanish thread, but it would take a lot more time, and I think one great thing about GMC is thatg literally everyone can add something to the forum.
But I guess your little problem is already solved, as youz can talk to the instructors via PM.
Auf Wiedersehen!
P.S.: I hope Germany will win tomorrow... ph34r.gif
Rik Veldhuizen
Freedom to choose certain subtitles sounds fine with me (actually, a good idea), but I really do not hope other languages will be provided uniquely on certain aspects, whether it's a lesson, or a forum topic (a specific spanish chat is another matter though, since I'd considers lessons and forum topics to be more permanent).
Ivan Milenkovic
This is very complicated thing to make IMHO biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.