Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Guitar Idol 2010 Entry
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Daniel Realpe
Yes, the contest is up and running again, this is my entry: (Give me thumbs up and favorite! THanks for your support!)

I entitled this track "Never ending wave of change" ...refering to how I see music...

I used various techniques on it, some sweeping, bends, tapping, slides, riffing. It's quite melodic but you'll find a couple of intricate solos along the way, or at least I think so, smile.gif

I hope you support me to win this competition, favorite this video, and give it thumbs up!

I really apreciate it!, see you soon!

Daniel

Here's the link on Guitar Idol to vote:

http://www.guitaridol.tv/video/118
Gitarrero
Hi Daniel,
just found your video on youtube a minute before you posted it here. I already registered and voted for you, great song!
Good luck for the competition. Would be cool to see some other GMC instructors taking part though.
MickeM
Schredalicious! Very musical piece, I'll vote - just saw I have to register... wonder if I didn't do that last year? smile.gif
Staffy
Awesome playing Daniel, and I really like the theme. That is amongst the most important in this competition imo. Last year, every contestant had very good chops, but I think Jack Thammarat won because of the song and his taste in the playing.
Good Luck !!! smile.gif

//Staffay
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 28 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome playing Daniel, and I really like the theme. That is amongst the most important in this competition imo. Last year, every contestant had very good chops, but I think Jack Thammarat won because of the song and his taste in the playing.
Good Luck !!! smile.gif

//Staffay

That's true, and I think it's a good thing, it's about music, not chops,

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 28 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Schredalicious! Very musical piece, I'll vote - just saw I have to register... wonder if I didn't do that last year? smile.gif

thank you Micke!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 28 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Daniel,
just found your video on youtube a minute before you posted it here. I already registered and voted for you, great song!
Good luck for the competition. Would be cool to see some other GMC instructors taking part though.

yes, I know!

there's tons of great players here that would certainly make a great participation on it,

MickeM
Call me old and stupid but where do I vote????? I registered and signed in but the best I can manage is to add you as favourite.. there's no "vote"-button.
Gitarrero
I think you vote by addinbg a video to your favs this time...cause I didn't find a vote-button as well!
Bogdan Radovic
Wow this is an amazing video and playing! I wish you a good luck in the competition! smile.gif
alvaroshredd
WOW! my congrats it´s very tastefull and melodic and with a lot of advandec playing as well!!!!
my favorite parts are from 1:08 - 1:40 and from 4:00 to the end!
i have already added your video to favorites.
Good luck!!
The Uncreator
Ahhhhh-Mazing. cool.gif

Great composition man, perfect balance between atmospheric melodies, groovy riffs, and technique - while still retaining melody at the same time.

Got my vote.
Todd Simpson
Great playing! You've got my vote!

Todd
maharzan
Superb playing Daniel. I loved the ending.. something very unexpected. smile.gif
Dejan Farkas
Great tune and performance, good luck smile.gif
emirb
Great tune! Wish you all the luck in the competition!

ps. my favorite part is between 3:05 and ca 3:11 smile.gif

will vote too!
Daniel Realpe
Thanks so much guys!!! I really apreciate your support,

I'm not sure if voting is available for now, but Thumbs up and favoriting counts, so thanks so much!
Rik Veldhuizen
wow, very nice!! Registered as well, once the voting works, mine is yours smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Jul 29 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, very nice!! Registered as well, once the voting works, mine is yours smile.gif

Thanks a lot Rik!!

So voting works,

If you have 1 minute please do vote for me on that page,

THanks!
Fran
Wow Daniel, I love it!

The mix of melody/shred is perfect for my taste, those entries that are 100% shred with no feeling bore me, this one is great, the main melody lingers in your head, shred runs are spot on and so clean, plus I love that small part in the song around 2:33.

This will take you to the finals!! cool.gif

Off to vote wink.gif
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 30 2010, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow Daniel, I love it!

The mix of melody/shred is perfect for my taste, those entries that are 100% shred with no feeling bore me, this one is great, the main melody lingers in your head, shred runs are spot on and so clean, plus I love that small part in the song around 2:33.

This will take you to the finals!! cool.gif

Off to vote wink.gif

thanks so much Fran!

That part is definitely influenced by E. Johnson smile.gif

Stephane Lucarelli
The theme & main riff are awesome Daniel... Good luck! wink.gif
Rik Veldhuizen
anyone else get error messages when trying to login? I've entered username and pwd, and get weird error messages. Now it is cached, and can't access the page anymore... Tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome sad.gif
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jul 30 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The theme & main riff are awesome Daniel... Good luck! wink.gif

Thank you Stephane!
Vasilije Vukmirovic
You have good chance with this. Awesome, very attractive playin'
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Aug 2 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have good chance with this. Awesome, very attractive playin'

Dude, thanks very much!! means a lot!
stringhammer
Nice playing , good sound,and great composition!
The lick from 2:35 and the whammy pedal part is really cool.
I have take my vote on You, Good Luck!
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (stringhammer @ Aug 6 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice playing , good sound,and great composition!
The lick from 2:35 and the whammy pedal part is really cool.
I have take my vote on You, Good Luck!

thank you S.H!
Vaidya
Thats awesome man.Goodluck with your entry.
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Vaidya @ Aug 7 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats awesome man.Goodluck with your entry.

thank you dude!!
Todd Simpson
Great playing man! You've got my vote smile.gif

Todd
Rik Veldhuizen
I registered using two different usernames/email addresses. I can login, but I cannot vote. It only shows the Register to vote button underneath (which I did twice), even when I'm logged in. Anyone else got issues (using Safari, tried Firefox as well, on Mac), or am I missing the obvious?
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Aug 8 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I registered using two different usernames/email addresses. I can login, but I cannot vote. It only shows the Register to vote button underneath (which I did twice), even when I'm logged in. Anyone else got issues (using Safari, tried Firefox as well, on Mac), or am I missing the obvious?

thank you man, I apreciate it,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.