Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesson Request: Mary Had A Little Lamb
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Mudbone
Seeing how theres many SRV lessons on GMC, I think it would be fitting if there was at least one song of his on here as well. I got the tabs for the song, but I'm not to keen on learning that song by tabs. The reason being is because learning songs by tabs feels to me like a procedure, instead of dancing around the fretboard, which is what Stevie does. I want to know what chords he's dancing around, so I can get a feeling for why he plays what he plays. Thoughts?

Vasilije Vukmirovic
That would be cool! Can't believe how much can this man pull out of simple blues progressions...
Adrian Figallo
wow stevie!, i will try to make something like this smile.gif
Zsolt Galambos
My favorite from SRV, after Pride & Joy smile.gif

I think we should ask Mate or Denes to do the cover, they really dig the style!
Mudbone
Cool guys, looking forward to it!
Bear Rose
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Sep 17 2010, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be cool! Can't believe how much can this man pull out of simple blues progressions...

I totally agree. He does stuff most people (including me) can't even fathom!
Mate Nagy
Maybe I can give it a try. . .
I was planning to do some SRV covers anyway.

This particular song is a simple I-IV-V blues in E flat major. (he is playin it in E, but He tunes his guitar a half step down)
Captain Insaino
I would love to learn that one too.. yes you can never get what he is doing by the tabs... I would like to know why his playing in those positions, also. What kind of cords they are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.