Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spider 3 Thoughts?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
TheProof
I've been looking into buying a 150 watt spider 3 I've been playing it pretty consistently at my local music store. I have a pretty good idea that it's worth the money. But, I'd like some fellow GMCers advice and if you think its not a good amp. I do need to upgrade sooner rather than later so if you know any wicked amps you have or friends of yours have give me a hollar and i'll be sure to look into it.
yell03
I was all set to buy the Line 6 Spider 3 75w amp, same as the 150w, but half the power and only 1 12" speaker.

I liked it alot, but they are hard to find NEW.
With all the gimicks and gadgets, I wanted a new one with a warranty.

I ended up buying a used Roland Cube 60 (60w and 1 12" speaker) for $178 shipped to my door, I couldn't pass it up.

At the 60-75w power levels both the Roland and Line 6 were great amps and I would be happy to own either, I do think the Roland is easier to use though.

Howard
MickeM
It's simple, if YOU like the amp that much YOU should buy it. That's what counts, isn't it?

You wanted other suggestions to look into - For the same money you get the Laney GH50 valve head. If I were to get a new amp today to exchange my Peavey classic 30, which I'm concidering so it's areal case, I'd get the GH50 head. Another option I have is to get an ENGL Powerball and switch places with my Hughes & Kettner (and use it for rock) and the ENGL (for progressive metal) but that's another story.
If you don't have a cabinet for the GH50 head maybe the Laney VC or LC series would suit you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.