Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reb Beach Cuts It Loose
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Michael AC

I hope to play like this someday!!!
dark dude
Never heard of him, cheers for the intro!
Azzaboi
Old school awesome playing smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Maybe you heard of the band he "Made it" with, WINGER, in the 80s. Since then he's played with tons of folks. He had a tough few years after the 80s pop metal backlash and when Beavis and Butthead showed this loser kid and his parents wearing Winger tshirts. During those years he sold most of his custom guitars and they are still floating around. He has made a comeback in recent years so more power to him smile.gif I"ve always thought he was a very good player.

Todd
QUOTE (dark dude @ Mar 25 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never heard of him, cheers for the intro!

Gary
very cool jam.. some truly great guitar players came out of the era.
Gary
Conrad Harpham
one of my favourite players - fluid and melodic. Formally with the amazing Winger, Dokken, Alice Cooper and now Whitesnake.
Try and find a more well written solo than this..."Seventeen" by Winger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QcgCSkExEI
oops - just seen that "seventeen" has been posted already in this thread! still, awesome!
Ivan Milenkovic
He's an amazing player, that's for sure. He is pushing this style, but I bet he can play anything.
Ben Higgins
Wow, that video just plain ROCKED ! Never seen it before, thanks for sharing this cool.gif

What incredibly tight rhythm.. definitely a guitarist to aspire to be like smile.gif

I was aware of Winger, and of course Reb being in Whitesnake now.. but the first time I heard his playing was a Winger track on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, where they are building their own robots in the back of the van.. I think the track was called 'Battlestations' or something ! I think it was them.. I'll feel like an idiot if it wasn't... laugh.gif
Conrad Harpham
thats right Ben, Battlestations was Winger, and a great song at that. Winger are probably my favourite band at the mo...check out this tune on the amazing "Pull" album
its called "Blind revolution mad", and check out the string skipping tapping part at the start of the solo!
Ben Higgins
Yes, I had to go to Youtube and find it.. brought back some memories.. excellent song ! Thanks for the link.. great song, I'll have to check some of their albums out cool.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Thanks for sharing this. Didn't hear about him before but I like what I'm hearing. Really cool style and great vibe!
SirJamsalot
QUOTE (Conrad Harpham @ Mar 27 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats right Ben, Battlestations was Winger, and a great song at that. Winger are probably my favourite band at the mo...check out this tune on the amazing "Pull" album
its called "Blind revolution mad", and check out the string skipping tapping part at the start of the solo!

wow. I liked Winger back in the day, but never really listened to them closely except for the guitar work on Seventeen which I was really impressed with. "Battlestations" is just pure guitarmanship! I have never heard this song - thanks for re-introducing me to Reb in this light!

Chris
Todd Simpson
I have to agree smile.gif The SEVENTEEN track RAWKED. The solo was pretty killer as well. Rod Morgenstein from the Dixie Dregs is playing drums so the rythm section is quite solid. This track was HUGE in the states back in the day but Winger became the poster child for all that was going wrong with Rock/Metal just before Grunge took over. Too bad really as they were a really talented bunch of players.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 27 2011, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that video just plain ROCKED ! Never seen it before, thanks for sharing this cool.gif

What incredibly tight rhythm.. definitely a guitarist to aspire to be like smile.gif

I was aware of Winger, and of course Reb being in Whitesnake now.. but the first time I heard his playing was a Winger track on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, where they are building their own robots in the back of the van.. I think the track was called 'Battlestations' or something ! I think it was them.. I'll feel like an idiot if it wasn't... laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.