Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosmin's Video Chat Lesson Notes
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Slavenko Erazer
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 14 2012, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, just wanted to post the video with my friend Nadine - the singer playing with a lot of 'vocal microbends' smile.gif

That girl surely has a magic God's gift!!! I bet she's a lot popular in Romania!!

Thanks for sharing!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 15 2012, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That girl surely has a magic God's gift!!! I bet she's a lot popular in Romania!!

Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, she is barely known ...
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that this week's session has been re-scheduled on Sunday, September 30th at 7 PM London time, as this Thursday I am gigging with Voodoo.

See you on Sunday!

Cosmin
Slavenko Erazer
Good luck with ur gig... kick some arsess!! tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 27 2012, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck with ur gig... kick some arsess!! tongue.gif

Just dropped by at home for a few relaxing minutes before hitting the stage biggrin.gif Thanks Slav!
Cosmin Lupu
So, gentleman and ladies - Jessi and Grace and ...do we have other ladies attending? Please do attend smile.gif

I have prepared a very dear topic - combining riffs with melodies in one take and enriching the riffs thus with a melodic touch, plus a bit of a surprise element in the riff structure! Check out the PDF and GP files attached and I will see you this Sunday at 7 PM London time! biggrin.gif

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's log - October 1st, 2012

Mates, this Thursday, we shall be debating another one of my favorite topics: combining guitar lines by using intervals!

What shall we work with? Why, famous vocal lines in choruses of course biggrin.gif

Take a good listen to these here and we'll see the opportunities we can use, this Thursday - October 4th, 2012:

Don't think pop music wink.gif Just think MUSIC biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, October 8th, 2012

As we have discussed in the last session, this Thursday we shall continue our journey with the lines harmonizing and takee a look into the world of Alice in Chains. These guys have amazing vocal harmonies so let's see what's what in the next session with one of these tunes! I have chosen 5 of my favorites out of which we will see various passages where we encounter the interesting harmonizing.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cosmin

korblitz
Why Cosmin Lupu Would(?) you do that?

Repeating the same video has No excuse(s)

Why would(n't)?
Cosmin Lupu
Smooth, very smooth biggrin.gif Ok! 'Would' can also be on the list tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Ok! We'll also add 'Would' as i have unintentionally doubled 'No excuses' smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's log, October 18th 2012

Ahoy mates, as I was telling you a few days ago, I am starting my preparation for the Pantera tribute gig and thus, today, we'll be discussing on the song 'I'm broken' which happens to be among my favorite tunes. I still have the solo to figure out, so we'll take a look at the structure and the riffs and we'll tackle the solo next time. Check the song out, here:

Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, October 25th, 2012

My friends, I am still in the learning process of Dime's most exquisite solo in 'I'm broken' so, I'll explain it but I need some more time to get it up to speed, and I also wanted to share some more stuff with you - one of my solos in the PRS Demo I am currently preparing so, stay tuned at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
korblitz
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 25 2012, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Captain's Log, October 25th, 2012

My friends, I am still in the learning process of Dime's most exquisite solo in 'I'm broken' so, I'll explain it but I need some more time to get it up to speed, and I also wanted to share some more stuff with you - one of my solos in the PRS Demo I am currently preparing so, stay tuned at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

]

Awesome! I want to hear that PRS Solo!

I also want to see the Akerfeldt guitar!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (korblitz @ Oct 25 2012, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
]

Awesome! I want to hear that PRS Solo!

I also want to see the Akerfeldt guitar!

The Akerfeldt guitar is coming in December smile.gif I got a SUPER DUPER deal for it - almost 35% discount!
korblitz
Must...Become...COosmin..and get PRS to make me....deals...on guitar!

Congrats Cosmin. I envy you in good waY!

Long Live PRS!
Cosmin Lupu
You're far too kind man smile.gif Thank you!
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's log, November 1st 2012

Gather' round ye merry players
And listen to this bard's ol' tale
For this day's special as ye know it
And 8 PM is when I ring the bell

A magic circle we shall see
Of fifths and fourths made up
And interesting things we'll talk
When we'll all meet and talk and.... stuff
laugh.gif

Alright, enough with the poetry already biggrin.gif Well, since you guys were curious about the circle of fifths, we shall discuss about it at the video chat session and in order to get in the medieval mood, how about using this one? biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, November 5th, 2012

Mates, I want to draw the most important conclusions from last week's chit chattering and prepare you for the next set which I'll post tomorrow:

Ways to navigate the circle:

- If we go clockwise, we discover the apparition of sharps and that each note is followed by its 5th
- If we go counter-clockwise, we will discover the apparition of flats

You can use a funny sentence to remember the disposition of the notes on the circle:

- clockwise, such as 'Fat Cows Go Down Around Every Barn' or, my favorite: 'Frankly, Cool Guitarists Do Absolutely Everything Better'
- counterclockwise: 'Boiled Eggs Are Darn Good'

You can find which are the sharps in each key, if you know that starting with the first one (G major) each major seventh is a sharp and it adds the previous found ones until you reach F#

If you want to get rid of the nasty notes, which inevitably appear once you reach F# on the circle, simply transform F# into Gb and you will start losing alterations as you continue to navigate the circle, clockwise.

You can find out which flats disappear after transforming F# into Gb, by simply looking at the next key after Gb and considering its major 7th as an unaltered note. For instance, in the case of the Db major scale - Cb would be the major 7th, but it will transform itself into C. If you don't believe me, apply the major scale formula for Db and you'll see wink.gif The same goes until we reach C major and there are no more alterations!

You can discover a progression just by knowing the relationships between the notes on the circle smile.gif

Clockwise: F C G D A E B means IV I V ii vi iii vii
Counterclockwise: C F Bb Eb Ab Db Gb means I IV bvii biii bvi bii bV

Now, imagine that if you decide to make ANY note a root note for a major scale and you harmonize the notes so that you may obtain chords, the above relationships remain valid, whatsoever biggrin.gif We'll discuss more on Thursday!

You can also discover the notes making up a scale for instance smile.gif

Check out the upper right region of the circle and think of C as the root note - what do you discover? C G D A E - these are the scrambled notes of the C major pentatonic scale! Formula: 1 2 3 5 6. Notes: C D E G A biggrin.gif It's valid in the order discovered above, for EVERY root note smile.gif

More to come...

See you this Thursday at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, November 15th 2012

As we have discussed so far, the Circle of fifths has proven itself to be a great, useful and easy to understand tool.

Let's recap our latest discussion:

- our friend, Tim, has discovered that each minor relative is the third of the previous note found on the outside of the circle, if we navigate from 5th to 5th
- when navigating anti clockwise, we discover that each 4th becomes the new b and the 7th degree becomes the next scale's new 4th
- when navigating clockwise, the M7 of each scale becomes the new # and the 4th becomes the new 7th
- if we navigate clockwise, we discover that we can find very popular progressions such as: V I, ii V I, I vi ii V I for instance

A good exercise here, would be to pick up a certain progression such as the simple G C (V I) and then move it on the circle and figuring out the chords in various tonalities smile.gif Then, upgrade the progression and see how fast you are in figuring it out on the circle in a different tonality smile.gif

Now, in the next session we will discuss about chords and the way you can deduce and work them once you get to master the circle! biggrin.gif

See you this Thursday, at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, Thursday, November 22nd 2012

Alrightie guys! Since we have been dealing with progressions the last time and we dabbled with moving various progressions on the circle. I would like you guys to take a look over these progressions and try to play around with them in as many tonalities as possible:

I-IV-I-V7-IV-I - example in C major: Cmaj Fmaj G7 Fmaj Cmaj
I-IV-viiĀ°-iii- vi-ii-V-I - example in C major: C maj Fmaj Bdim Emin Amin Dmin Gmaj C maj

And I would also like you to look over the progressions in The Beatles song called - Hey Jude - there's something interesting happening in there and this will be a little harmonic test for you to work with on the circle, but we'll deal with it during tonight's session.

Another important aspect we will be discussing are chords and how to discover very close chord positions (that means very little finger movement) in neighboring scales on the circle! A set of simple rules and a lot of fun - tonight at the v-chat!

See you at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, November 28th 2012

Heya guys!

Today, since we spent almost all month long discussing the Circle of 5ths, I decided to take you into the world of riffing!

We will write short drum grooves together for various time signatures and invent riffs to go along with them! Let's use the video transmission from both sides to swap ideas and build TOGETHER!!

Looking forward to see you all!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, December 6th 2012

Guys and gals, it gives me a great pleasure to announce that tonight we are starting to prepare the December collab TOGETHER smile.gif

It will be a nice medley of traditional Christmas carols which we will orchestrate and discuss this evening! Here's the list so that you may noodle around with a little research:

Jingle Bells
Deck the Halls
We wish you a Merry Christmas
Silent Night

Each of them will have a different flavor and style, BUT more details tonight on how to build such a backing track!

See you at 8 PM London time - that means in about 3hrs and 45 minutes!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, December 13th 2012

Ahoy mates! Please take a look over the ideas included in the GP and PDF files below, so that you may get a glimpse of the stuff we'll be discussing tonight. Developing lead ideas out of the main themes of the Christmas carols for the collab will be our main topic.

Please also check out the collab thread below, for the backing track:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47035

Here are the chord progressions:

Deck the halls (all power chords) we'll be dealing with it together

C5 A5 G5 C5 G5 C5 x 2
G5 C5 A5 G5 D5 G5
C5 A5 G5 C5 G5 C5

Jingle Bells

Chorus: CM7 FM7 D7 or Dm7 - it's up to u G7 CM7
Verse: CM7 FM7 G7 CM7 - the part which we will be dealing tonight

See you tonight at 8 PM London time!!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, December 20th, 2012

Continuing last Thursday's ideas, I made up a little drill involving major 7th arpeggios, a little scalar run and all in all shuffle groove sweeping tongue.gif If we may call it like that smile.gif

Check out the tabs and bring on yer mics, cams and axes for an evening drill at 8 PM Tonight!

Let's shuffle...errmm rock biggrin.gif And don't forget, you have until this Sunday to come up with collab takes for the 'Christmas Collab' which you can find here-> http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47035

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, December 27th, 2012

Merry Christmas mates! Tonight we will have a discussion based around all sorts of solutions which you can apply when being in mid performance and having to face the unexpected: technical failures, mistakes, emotions and all sorts of things which might prevent you from taking your part to the end. We will discuss the rhythm playing perspective as well as the lead playing perspective!

Stay tuned tonight at 8 PM as usual!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, January 3rd, 2013

Happy new year amigos and amigas!

It's time for the first video chat session in 2013 and because you liked the riff that we created last week, I turned it into a COLLAB biggrin.gif It is called 'The new year's race collab' and it is available starting today - will post the details in this thread in a short while! But until then...

....since I was into some wild bends and vibrato plus a little fast lick which I came up with for this collab, we will discuss them and focus on articulation control tonight! Check out the licks in the attachment! I will explain everything tonight at 8 PM London time so stay tuned and join me for a fun session!

Cosmin

PS: Check out the licks and the slowed down versions in the attachment biggrin.gif

Here's the collab thread as promissed biggrin.gif -> http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47355
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, January 8th, 2013

Guys smile.gif How about having a little contest in this v-chat session?

I will play random themes from famous movies, cartoons and TV shows and you have to guess them biggrin.gif We will of course discuss on how they are being built and played! Get your ears ready!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, January 17th, 2013

We will continue analyzing interesting themes - so it's part 2 from last Thursday's session biggrin.gif Come join me at 8 PM London time and we'll have loads of fun together!

Cosmin

PS: Let's not forget the homework biggrin.gif -> http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47519
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's log, January 24th, 2013

Tonight, we'll take a look into the world of modulation smile.gif A very murky concept, which is based on some principles as you may see below, but all in all, in the end, you are allowed to try anything, as we will see in the examples I will show you depicted from famous hits songs featuring modulation to spice up the piece and wake the listener up from his sleep biggrin.gif

Well - modulation is basically a key change within a song and there are a few types:

- Phrase modulation - this means we end a phrase and begin the next in another key
- Pivot modulation - this uses a pivot chord, which belongs to both keys and is usually followed by a chord that confirms the modulation (this second one belongs only to the new key)
- Sequential modulation - this one deals with having several key changes in a song until reaching a certain key in which the song may stay.

More on this and some awesome songs dissected - in 30 minutes in the chat room!

See you there and take a look here: Tim and Dian are the heroes of the day: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry629270

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Hehe! Don't forget about the homework wink.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47617
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, January 27th, 2013

Ahoy mateys! First things first - this week's session is moving on Wednesday, 8 PM London time and we will continue our little analysis regarding modulation found in famous songs, so check out the thread below for a collection of nice songs which have a lot of chances to be featured in the v-chat session

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47606

...and don't forget about the homework - add your suggestions, so that more nice songs will come up on Wednesday biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47617

On today's list:

Soundgarden, Michael Jackson, Dusty Springfield, Peggy Lee, United artists for Africa and maybe something more wink.gif

Did you know that there are certain directions which are often encountered when dealing with modulation?

Usually, we end up modulating to a dominant (the 5th scale degree), the subdominant (4th scale degree), relative major or relative minor, but as I said, each artist/ songwriter ends up with very interesting combinations which are the result of having to 'dress up a vocal line' I suppose. It depends on each person's way of writing music smile.gif

I chose these songs as they belong to very different styles of music and the modulations are diverse as well smile.gif Hope this will be fun biggrin.gif

See you tonight at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, February 7, 2013

Ahoy mateys!

Because the Pirate collab is up, I decided to give my take a go and come up with a piratey way to use the various modes that can be applied over the chord changes smile.gif

We'll discuss on this tonight, but until then, take a look at the tabs below!

See you at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
This is an invitation for next Thursday and some nice homework activity biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47842

I'd be happy to see you guys there wink.gif

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, February 14th, 2013

Yo ho, once again!

As we discussed, I took the track and dug some more into the land of modes and pirate music wink.gif

Check out the attached tab and for a change - I have inserted the harmonic minor mode into play, but in the same time, I have modified the backing track a bit:

The first progression will not stay aeolian, but it will also have some harmonic minor influences smile.gif How, what and when - in about 2 hours and a half in the chat room! 8PM London time as usual. And in the mean time, check out the tab and modified backing track!

See you in the chat room amigos!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, February 21st, 2013

Just came up with an interesting track that deals with some nice layering and a nice time signature smile.gif I'd like to discuss it with you guys - song writing aficionados - you are in for a treat!

Check out the PDF/ GP tilll 8 PM London time when we'll see each other in the chat room!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, February 28th 2013

Ahoy boys and girls!

I have prepared yet another track for you - orchestration and song wiriting focusing on drop tuning ideas for beginners - understand what's what with those interesting chord shapes, tonight at 8 PM London time biggrin.gif

Here are the GP. PDF and backing tracks, so check em out - both Drop D and Drop C!

See you in 1h30 minutes!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, March 5th 2013

Hola amigos! As I was writing in the forum last week - this Thursday, I am inviting you at an interactive session in which we can have fun by imitating one another with our guitars! Check out more details here: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48071

See you on Thursday at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, March 11th, 2013

Mates - I will let the video do that talking!

Cosmin Lupu
Homework - Video Chat Session - March 14th

Ear training task - Internalizing a scale

Hey guy and gals, as promised - Check out your assignment for next time and post your takes in this thread biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, March 20th, 2013

Mates - simple fun and joy awaits us tomorrow evening! Because the Southern Metal Collab is taking flight with a pair of dragon wings out of what I notice, we should jam a bit over it right? smile.gif So who's with me at 8 PM London time tomorrow? I'm throwing a party and you are ALL
invited!

Here's the collab thread! -> http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0
Cosmin
mroberts70
AW MAN!!! I was actually gonna have time for this one and I forgot about my doctor apt.! Gotta get this wisdom tooth yanked out... its killing me... Literally I think... Man, how'd I even forget that?

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 21 2013, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AW MAN!!! I was actually gonna have time for this one and I forgot about my doctor apt.! Gotta get this wisdom tooth yanked out... its killing me... Literally I think... Man, how'd I even forget that?

Ah, the teeth, well, next time? biggrin.gif

We will let the track flow and share ideas over it, I've never done a jam session v-chat so it's gonna be an experiment biggrin.gif An interesting one I hope tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, March 28th 2013

Since in the last v-chat you guys wanted to hear some other approach on Metallica songs, I want to share some ideas on transforming a Metallica electric song into an acoustic one that you can play in any occasion! Cool sounding and not boring - at least I like to think so biggrin.gif - we will discuss on a general approach on transforming any song with a full band orchestration into a version that can be played by one person.

Curious? Come join me in the chat room in exactly 2 hours from now! 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, April 3rd, 2013

Ahoy mates!

This evening at 7 PM London time, I will see you in the video chat room for a session on chord progressions. We will discuss examples of major chord progressions based on well known songs - hope I will have nice surprises for everyone! How we will do it?

- analyze the chord progression type
- analyze some of the melodies in the songs which use notes from the scale out of which that progression is based upon as well
- find various positions for the chords in each chord progression and transposing them to other keys using the circle of 5ths

Are you ready?

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, April 10th, 2013

Hello ladies and gents!

Continuing the previous session with minor progressions this time! We will follow the same drill:

- analyze the chord progression type by breaking down the chords and see where they came to be there from
- analyze some of the melodies in the songs which use notes from the scale out of which that progression is based upon as well
- find various positions for the chords in each chord progression and transposing them to other keys using the circle of 5ths

I have prepared a lot of nice examples from bands hailing from the 50s till the 00s biggrin.gif

See you tomorrow at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, April 18th, 2013

Hey mateys! Tonight as a response to a request from our friends Korblitz, in last Thursday's video chat session, I have prepared a few arpeggio over chords based applications, involving tapping and legato.

I will be in the chat room this evening at 8 PM London time to talk about them and practice them with you guys. Check out the GP file and the PDF version of the exercises, alongside the backing track attached to this thread smile.gif

See you tonight!

Cosmin
korblitz
Looking forward to this video chat.
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, April 25th, 2013

Time for some modal licks tonight smile.gif I will follow a melodic and simple to execute approach for some of the modes, each being represented by a lick.

Take a look here to be familiarized with the positions and we will talk about the possibilities once we get together tonight at 8 PM London time!

C Ionian

~
E S S S S E S S S S S S E S S S S S S S S E S S Q
||----7-8p7----------------------|-------------------------------|
||----------8--------------------|-------------------------------|
||------------9-10p9p7----7------|--------------------------7----|
||---------------------10---9----|-----------------7-7-9-10------|
||----------------------------10-|-7-8p7----7-8-10---------------|
||-------------------------------|-------10----------------------|

E S S E S S a S S E E S S E E S S E S S E
|---8s10s8----------------------|---------------------||
|---8s10s8------8-----8---------|---------------------||
|----------10---7h9---7----5----|---5-----------5-----||
|-----------------------10-5h7--|-7-5-----------5-----||
|-------------------------------|-----7s5-3-5s7-------||
|-------------------------------|---------------------||

C Dorian

~        ~    ~
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S Q a S S E E Q
||----8----11---------------------------------|------------------|
||--------------8----11-----------------------|------------------|
||--8---10----------------8----10-10b11--7----|-7--7s5---5----5--|
||------------8---10-----------------------10-|--------8----8----|
||----------------------8---10----------------|------------------|
||--------------------------------------------|------------------|

~~
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S E S S S S E E.
|---6---8-------8-----------------|---------------------------||
|-----------6---------------------|---------------------------||
|-5---8-------8-----5---8---------|------5---5---5-5-5-8------||
|---------5-----------------5---8-|-8b9----8---8---------5----||
|-----------------6---8-----------|---------------------------||
|-------------------------6---8---|---------------------------||

D Phrygian

~~~~~~~
|----6----|
H Q S S S S S S E +E S S S S S S +S S a S S S S
|---------------------||--------------------------------------5-|
|---------------------||------------------------------------6---|
|---------------------||----------------------------------7-----|
|---------5p3p0-------||--3b3.5-(3)-------------------6s8-------|
|---------------5p3p0-||------------5-3---5---5-(5)p3-----------|
|---------------------||----------------------------------------|

~~~~~~
|----6----|
S S S S S S S S +Q S S S S S S 3x
|-8-6---5---6-----------------------||
|-----------------------------------||
|---------------5-(5)---------------||
|----------------------5p3p0--------||
|----------------------------5p3p0--||
|-----------------------------------||

F Lydian

~~
S S S S S S S S S S S S
||---------------------------12---|
||--------------------12---10------|
||-------------12---10----9--------|
||------12---10----9---------------|
||----10----8----------------------|
||--8-----------------------------|

a S S S S S S S S S S S S E
|-12s13-10-12----10------------------------------|
|------------13---12-13-10-12----10-12-12b13-----|
|----------------------------12----------------|
|----------------------------------------------|

C Mixolydian

~
S S S S S S S S S E S S S S S S S Q S S S S
||-----------------------------|---------------------x-------|
||--8p5------------------------|------6-8--6-8s10-6--x---x-x-|
||------7b8r=5---5-7-----------|----7----------------x-------|
||-------------8-----8b9---5---|-/8--------------------------|
||-----------------------------|-----------------------------|
||-----------------------------|-----------------------------|

~
S S S S S S S S S S S E S S S S S E E
|--------------------------------|----------------------------------||
|-8p5----------------------------|-------8-10b11====8-11b13========-||
|-----7b8r=5---5-7---------------|-----9---------------x------------||
|------------8-----8b9---5---5---|-/10-----------------x------------||
|--------------------------7-----|----------------------------------||
|--------------------------------|----------------------------------||
Cosmin Lupu
Captain's Log, May 2nd, 2013

Hey guys and gals - since we have one lick left from last time - the Mixolydian one, I'd like to use talk about this one (it is in the tab above) and then use the chord progression I found, in order to talk about bending and vibrato on improvised licks. I noticed that a lot of you guys have some issues when bending in REC takes, so every now and then, a bending chat is welcome I think smile.gif

See you in 5 minutes in the video chat room!

Cosmin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.