Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Song A Day
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Cosmin Lupu
In this thread, I'll post new song each day smile.gif the styles will be various and maybe not all guitar oriented (although the most of them will be tongue.gif) I'd like you guys write your opinions on what you like and don't like about these songs smile.gif

Today, I'll start with a band which has just released a new album and there's this song that I've been continuously listening to for the last 3 days smile.gif

The production is totally awesome, although I'm thinking some of you guys will have something against the singer tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I was remembering a very nice trip to a far away city in the west of Romania (called Timisoara) and listening to this song while watching through the train window how we were searing among the fields of wheat smile.gif totally blissful

Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 17 2011, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was remembering a very nice trip to a far away city in the west of Romania (called Timisoara) and listening to this song while watching through the train window how we were searing among the fields of wheat smile.gif totally blissful

Wow, that is a very unusual but catchy song.. the singer reminds me of Johnny Depp in 'From Hell' biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Today, I woke up with this song in my mind smile.gif another under rated band, in my opinion sad.gif ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Dredg.

Cosmin Lupu
A song which was able to reach my soul each time I listened to it... Words can't really describe how beautiful this is smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
I was particularly impressed about this lady's interpretation of this song smile.gif I guess Madonna kinda rocks sometimes wink.gif

El Fortinero
This is a great idea Cosmin, keep on doing it! I'll check each and everyone of them!

There is a great site call pandora's radio (american - www.pandora.com) is quite interesting, unfortunately it was cancelled in my country because of copyright stuff sad.gif try in yours

I would like to hear bands that are not "famous" or also music from your own country ( it doesn't matter if it is not in English)
Anyway, nice topic!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 21 2011, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a great idea Cosmin, keep on doing it! I'll check each and everyone of them!

There is a great site call pandora's radio (american - www.pandora.com) is quite interesting, unfortunately it was cancelled in my country because of copyright stuff sad.gif try in yours

I would like to hear bands that are not "famous" or also music from your own country ( it doesn't matter if it is not in English)
Anyway, nice topic!

Hey mate! Glad ya like the topic tongue.gif

check this out below smile.gif

Thunbs up for the good chaps at 'Godmode' - nice Romanian band smile.gif and their guest Mr. Adi Despot - friend of mine and famous vocalist in my country.

Since Nahuel said the language is no problem, I thought I'd share some Romanian stuff too tongue.gif

This is another one of those obsessive choruses which I can't get out of my head biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow, this is a very nice place to hear some cool music, thanks for great recommendations Cosmin, I should listen your musical taste a bit smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Great music Cosmin! I don't comment but I check this thread every day! Keep the songs coming! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Ivan! thank you very much smile.gif this is my intention tongue.gif letting you guys listen to some music smile.gif cool or un-cool ..."it's youuuuur decision" - as the guys from Alice In Chains would say biggrin.gif stay tuned for more each day biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2011, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great music Cosmin! I don't comment but I check this thread every day! Keep the songs coming! smile.gif

Sure will biggrin.gif thank you Gabriel smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Another pretty underrated band - Dark New Day, and their song 'Follow the sun down'. These guys have been friends for a long, long time and have waited about 12 years to make this band. All of them activated in various other famous groups (Creed, Sevendust, Stereomud). Too bad they disbanded after 2 albums and an unreleased one.

Check this out:

Sinisa Cekic
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was particularly impressed about this lady's interpretation of this song smile.gif I guess Madonna kinda rocks sometimes wink.gif

Girl sings perfectly, otherwise they are from Serbia wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 23 2011, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Girl sings perfectly, otherwise they are from Serbia wink.gif

Ummm, Sinisa, is that a bad thing?
Sinisa Cekic
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 23 2011, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm, Sinisa, is that a bad thing?

Probably, that she was born in America or England, would be greater star than Madonna !
Todd Simpson
Great thread cosmin smile.gif Some killer songs/bands that I'd have probably never come across otherwise. Keep it up!

Just to throw something wacky in the mix, here is AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE (An Aaaahhnold tribute band) with "Get to the choppa!"

moleman
I liked the Godmode song a lot. Romanian sounds very cool when sung.

If you have any more hometown recommendations I would love to hear them smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 23 2011, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great thread cosmin smile.gif Some killer songs/bands that I'd have probably never come across otherwise. Keep it up!

Just to throw something wacky in the mix, here is AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE (An Aaaahhnold tribute band) with "Get to the choppa!"

Hahahah biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif when I'm with Voodoo, we have a thing for Schwartzie's style. This is so awesome biggrin.gif I'll keep the stuff coming mates smile.gif thanks!!

QUOTE (moleman @ Jun 24 2011, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked the Godmode song a lot. Romanian sounds very cool when sung.

If you have any more hometown recommendations I would love to hear them smile.gif

Hey mate! Thank you tongue.gif I'll keep them coming wink.gif

I have a big soft spot for Australian bands, so I guess there's gonna be some around here smile.gif

El Fortinero
May I suggest 2 songs from Shinedown?

The sound of Madness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabk (the sound is amazing, isn't it? )

This is a lynryd Skynryd song made by Shinedown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbN99f9esS4...;feature=relmfu (of course the american flag at the beginning tongue.gif )

I still don't know how to put the videos in here and not the link sad.gif if you can do it (and teach me how to do it) would be great!!!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 24 2011, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I suggest 2 songs from Shinedown?

The sound of Madness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabk (the sound is amazing, isn't it? )

This is a lynryd Skynryd song made by Shinedown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbN99f9esS4...;feature=relmfu (of course the american flag at the beginning tongue.gif )

I still don't know how to put the videos in here and not the link sad.gif if you can do it (and teach me how to do it) would be great!!!

Hey mate!

Try clicking on the 'Share' tab in the youtube videos and from there choose 'Embed' copy the code wherever you need the video to be embedded, and there you have it:D

I love Shinedown! Seen them live in 2009, but Shaun's voice was a little bad, dunno why... They rock anyway biggrin.gif
El Fortinero
It says "Embedding disabled by request" sad.gif

But I've learnt how to do it!

let's see:

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 24 2011, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

let's see:

Great Argentinian band!! I saw them live some years ago at the "Pepsi Music Fest" and they did a great show!
El Fortinero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 24 2011, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great Argentinian band!! I saw them live some years ago at the "Pepsi Music Fest" and they did a great show!

YES!! ONE OF THE BEST OF OUR COUNTRY FOR SURE, I STILL THIINK THAT THE KEYBOARD HAS NOTHING TO DO IN THAT SONG.
Cosmin Lupu
hahahaha smile.gif I don't like keyboards either in general tongue.gif not the same with piano though smile.gif I love piano
Cosmin Lupu
10 years is one of my favorite bands and has a flawless vocalist - this acoustic version of their song 'Through the iris' bring chills down my spine!

Sean_1234
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 25 2011, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

let's see:

I also like their song Lusitana
zoom
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 24 2011, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahah biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif when I'm with Voodoo, we have a thing for Schwartzie's style. This is so awesome biggrin.gif I'll keep the stuff coming mates smile.gif thanks!!

Hey mate! Thank you tongue.gif I'll keep them coming wink.gif

I have a big soft spot for Australian bands, so I guess there's gonna be some around here smile.gif

I saw Butterfly Effect recently great! There support band was awesome to check out "helm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfB2G1gAyw...&playnext=2
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (zoom @ Jun 25 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw Butterfly Effect recently great! There support band was awesome to check out "helm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfB2G1gAyw...&playnext=2

OH!! I like Helm biggrin.gif thank you man! I had no idea about them smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Because I miss my girlfriend, this one is for her

Cosmin Lupu
Close your eyes and just imagine the waves...

Cosmin Lupu
Here's another aussie band which I am proud to post in this thread smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Some Brittish guys that sound totally NOT Brittish! Fightstar! - I love this band!

El Fortinero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 29 2011, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some Brittish guys that sound totally NOT Brittish! Fightstar! - I love this band!

I like it! sure they are British? ohmy.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 29 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like it! sure they are British? ohmy.gif

Yeah mate! They are among my favorite bands so I know a lot about them biggrin.gif
Fusar
Great theard...went to see John Butler yesterday - that gig was mindblowing!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Fusar @ Jun 29 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great theard...went to see John Butler yesterday - that gig was mindblowing!

I wish i could see him perform one day! smile.gif
El Fortinero
So Cosmin is rocking today, but we need a song each day, don't we? I will substitute him today (hope don't mind Cosmin!)

Argentinian classic metal "Rata blanca" ( white mice smile.gif ) check the guitar solo

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jul 1 2011, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Cosmin is rocking today, but we need a song each day, don't we? I will substitute him today (hope don't mind Cosmin!)

Argentinian classic metal "Rata blanca" ( white mice smile.gif ) check the guitar solo

hahaha yeah, today is Cosmin's day! Can't wait to know what is happening right now at the show!

I've been a Rata Blanca Fan! smile.gif
El Fortinero
I am not a fan o Rata blanca but I must admit Giardino's solos are awesome
Cosmin Lupu
Sounds like a crazy combo between Yngwie Malmsteen and Iron Maiden biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Well, I am back for about 2 hrs and then, back to the stage.

I won't leave you guys without any music today wink.gif

A vocalist like none other smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hello GMC biggrin.gif

today I was in the mood for something a little mellower to cleanse my mind after the whole racket happening in the weekend so, here we go:

a true rainbow of notes smile.gif aaaaahhhh... biggrin.gif
velci
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2011, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello GMC biggrin.gif

today I was in the mood for something a little mellower to cleanse my mind after the whole racket happening in the weekend so, here we go:

a true rainbow of notes smile.gif aaaaahhhh... biggrin.gif

Wooooowwwww!!!!!
El Fortinero
TOMMY EMMANUEL MY FRIENDS SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN sleep.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Something a little different from what you may have heard from me until now smile.gif but, I just can't stop listening to this song. It takes my mind into a different time...nature, myths, legends smile.gif the good stuff!

Cosmin Lupu

Who said that black people can't rock out is terribly mistaken biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu

Who said that black people can't rock out is terribly mistaken biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Some things you can do with a Piccolo bass and a huge dose of divine inspiration biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Guthrie's song 'Waves' was the way I discovered him and his awesome outworldly guitar playing! I hope everyone will enjoy this one, especially those who don't know Guthrie's work yet!

El Fortinero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 7 2011, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some things you can do with a Piccolo bass and a huge dose of divine inspiration biggrin.gif

Wow Cosmin that's very nice, i like it. thanks for share, keep on doing it!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jul 8 2011, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow Cosmin that's very nice, i like it. thanks for share, keep on doing it!

I always looked at this little clip as the one with the music from the gods tongue.gif

This is one of the most underrated bands in history - I never understood why ... I love them anyway

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.