Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rec: Pre-recorded Performances
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
thefireball
Hi! I'm wondering if pre-recorded RECs are allowed? I was gonna do one, but was afraid it might be against the rules. There's nothing in rules about it, as far as I read. If it's not allowed, how about with lessons that have harmonies? You have to insert that in there too, right? (I wanted to).

I would like to be able to do what an instructor does, record the audio and then play as the instructor did.

So, what do you think? unsure.gif
zen
I think you should be fine with added takes for any extra harmonies. So play your main take and record it, repeat the same procedure for any harmonies.

Unless of course you grow two more arms and then program your brain to play it all together and record.

thefireball
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It may be that the instructors want to see our live performances.
zen
It is live, you are playing and recording both those takes live hopefully. And then putting them together, side by side.
thefireball
QUOTE (zen @ Jun 17 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is live, you are playing and recording both those takes live hopefully. And then putting them together, side by side.

Yeah. All my past performances of RECs have been live. I did want to make sure, but now that I think of it, I can just do what you said - record live and then put them together side by side. Great idea, thanks.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 18 2011, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. All my past performances of RECs have been live. I did want to make sure, but now that I think of it, I can just do what you said - record live and then put them together side by side. Great idea, thanks.

All the lessons are recorded live.
That means you are playing live and shooting the video and audio at the same time in one take. No "guitar syncing" or something.

I guess there is no problem with harmonies in REC if you just shoot two takes live (audio + video shot at the same time) and then just blend two takes together to get harmonies.
Ivan Milenkovic
Yes, I believe for proper REC takes, you must shoot it live.
thefireball
No problem. I can do that. smile.gif Thanks for clearing this up. It just looked like sometimes the instructors synced stuff sometimes. Guess I was seeing things. wink.gif

With Sony Vegas, it will definitely be easy to record two live videos and place them together on screen. cool.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Hmm, there is a posssibility that some instructors used method you described, I can't tell. But, nevertheless, REC system is really about grading the playing of the lesson, and we can't be sure if that's you playing then, although I'm sure you wouldn't ask someone else to do that cool.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.