Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bend And Slide Exercises For Beginners Gutiar Tone
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Laszlo Boross
rhoads
Hi Laszlo,

I am currently working on this lesson of yours and I am trying to get a close guitar tone as yours. Can you please tell me what effects and what pickup position you are using ?

I managed to reproduce the effect pretty much but I cannot figure out what pickup you are using from the video. It sounds like a bridge but.. in the same time in some places it sounds like the neck tongue.gif

Thanks,
Laszlo Boross
QUOTE (rhoads @ Jun 20 2011, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Laszlo,

I am currently working on this lesson of yours and I am trying to get a close guitar tone as yours. Can you please tell me what effects and what pickup position you are using ?

I managed to reproduce the effect pretty much but I cannot figure out what pickup you are using from the video. It sounds like a bridge but.. in the same time in some places it sounds like the neck tongue.gif

Thanks,

Hi!
You heard it well, I used the bridge pickup on this record. I usually use only a few effects at recordings. The main distortion is an Ibanez TS9DX and a Kasleder distortion as booster,sometimes a bit compressor, eq and reverb or delay at the end. But the main sound is the two distortion pedal, Laney combo amp-line out then Cubase5. That's it. I hope it helps you to make similar recording!! smile.gif
Laszlo
rhoads
Thanks smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.