Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hisham Al Sanea - Harmonic Minor Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
JadGh
Hey Guys,

Here's my first time recording using MacBook pro and Garage band. sorry no video yet but i'll definitely learn to do it for next time. few mess ups here and there rolleyes.gif

It's basically my own version of the song and i just used the main melody from Hisham.

i would like to hear your tips and suggestions in general.

Cheers!

Jad

edit: i wanted to reply and post the song since when i start a new topic, i cant find the attach option, but it says i am not allowed to reply to this topic.... Admins help ohmy.gif sorry for disturbing you guys!
Bogdan Radovic
Hi Jad - please try uploading your song now.

I have moved your topic to PRACTICE ROOM as it is not eligible for REC program since there is no video - of course you'll still be able to get instructor feedback though.
JadGh
Sorry about that Bogdan!!! i duunno what happened unsure.gif ANyway, here it is biggrin.gif
fkalich
QUOTE (JadGh @ Aug 11 2011, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry about that Bogdan!!! i duunno what happened unsure.gif ANyway, here it is biggrin.gif

very nice. I tried learning that piece awhile back, even asked Hisham for help. It seems near impossible to imitate anything but a reasonable facsimile of Hisham's style there. You convinced me, just take the parts I like (which are all very comprehensible) and build something around that. The use of the harmonic scale is neat in that piece, and the way it modulates into a blues scale, and you captured what I personally like about that lesson. thanks, I will do the same now, you got me past my mental block!

edit:

BTW, where are you from? Always nice to know where a person lives, who posts here, in what country.
JadGh
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 11 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very nice. I tried learning that piece awhile back, even asked Hisham for help. It seems near impossible to imitate anything but a reasonable facsimile of Hisham's style there. You convinced me, just take the parts I like (which are all very comprehensible) and build something around that. The use of the harmonic scale is neat in that piece, and the way it modulates into a blues scale, and you captured what I personally like about that lesson. thanks, I will do the same now, you got me past my mental block!

edit:

BTW, where are you from? Always nice to know where a person lives, who posts here, in what country.

Thanks a lot man, I am from Lebanon, and hence the oriental touch and feel biggrin.gif

Cheers

Jad
Cosmin Lupu
Hey biggrin.gif Jad! Awesome piece mate, the only things I can notice would be minor timing slips, and articulation which would need more roundness here and there. smile.gif It sounds complicated enough to be a big challenge so congratz for the take biggrin.gif when will we see a video? biggrin.gif
JadGh
Thanks Cos, Videos soon hopefully.. once i learn how to do it.. thats my first take biggrin.gif waiting for your video lesson where i hope you can show me what you mean by articulations.

Cheers!

Jad
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (JadGh @ Aug 11 2011, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Cos, Videos soon hopefully.. once i learn how to do it.. thats my first take biggrin.gif waiting for your video lesson where i hope you can show me what you mean by articulations.

Cheers!

Jad

Sure thing biggrin.gif
fkalich
QUOTE (JadGh @ Aug 11 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot man, I am from Lebanon, and hence the oriental touch and feel biggrin.gif

Cheers

Jad

I see you are fairly new here. If you dig into the lessons, you will find more having an Exotic flavor, at least Exotic from my Hill Billy Midwestern USA perspective. Muris had several.

I like this by Gabriel...

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...n-b-minor-solo/

or Marcus Siepen here...

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/hammer_on_dude/

Well there is just so much, an amazing amount of great compositions in the stacks here.
jstcrsn
QUOTE (JadGh @ Aug 11 2011, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers!

Jad

can't open this
do you have a link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.