Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New To The Guitar- Greetings
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
jessejames
Hi all I am new to the practice room. Greetings.
I wanna learn the 80's hard rock.. i am looking to find links to improve fingering techniques, rhythm and hoping to play a few nice tunes on my own. cheers
Ben Higgins
Great to see you posting ! Welcome again to the site smile.gif

80's hard rock you say ?

You'll have to cast an eye over some of Jonathan's lessons cool.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Jonathan-Burgos/

Also, Muris has some real 80's style stuff going on too..

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Muris-Varajic/
Cosmin Lupu
hey mate! Welcome smile.gif I'm glad you decided to let the community know about your presence here!

You'll find a lot of awesome technique based lessons - for instance, I would highly recommend Ben's lessons on bending and vibrato, which will help you out a lot!

Otherwise, keep exploring and don't forget to ask us anytime you have some misunderstanding or question smile.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Hi JesseJ,and welcome aboard ! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (jessejames @ Aug 19 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all I am new to the practice room. Greetings.
I wanna learn the 80's hard rock.. i am looking to find links to improve fingering techniques, rhythm and hoping to play a few nice tunes on my own. cheers

Welcome! smile.gif I'm Todd Simpson and I"m a HUGE fan of 80's Rock/Metal/Shred, etc. We cover a lot of that sort of thing each week in my VIDEO CHAT LESSONS. Please do join us! 10 PM GMT here in our Chat Room. Hope to see you there! Here is our backing track for this week. It has a bit of an 80's NeoClassical Metal Vibe to it.

Enjoy!
Click to view attachment
jessejames
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 20 2011, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome! smile.gif I'm Todd Simpson and I"m a HUGE fan of 80's Rock/Metal/Shred, etc. We cover a lot of that sort of thing each week in my VIDEO CHAT LESSONS. Please do join us! 10 PM GMT here in our Chat Room. Hope to see you there! Here is our backing track for this week. It has a bit of an 80's NeoClassical Metal Vibe to it.

Enjoy!
Click to view attachment

thanks all for the encouragement, I will certainly check out the links and rock on.. many thanks for guidance in advance

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 20 2011, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enjoy!
Click to view attachment

thnanks Todd. it rocks.

sorry i am very new to playing the guitar so pardon my ignorance through I am avid fan of many rock bands since the CCR days till the mid early 90s. I adore all the guitar solos of the 80s rock/metalrock era plus a few unique artists like Peter Green and Steven Ray Vaughan and Dire Straits.
So far, rock favorites are many include, AC/DC, Scorpions, Van Halen, Journey, Eagles, Def Leppard, GnR, Whitesnake. For certain tracks esp the slow rock ones, I like Bad English, SkidRow, Alice Cooper, Faster Pussycat,, Tesla, Motley Crue, Firehouse, Damm Yankees.
Before deciding to take the bold step to learn the electric guitar, I have been a collector and am still collecting various rock bands; albums.

Thanks

jessejames
QUOTE (velci @ Aug 20 2011, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks bro. will check out and practice
Adrian Figallo
welcome to the community man smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey man!! Welcome to the site! biggrin.gif You will find many hard rock rhythm lessons in my archive of lessons...

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructo...briel-Leopardi/
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (jessejames @ Aug 20 2011, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks all for the encouragement, I will certainly check out the links and rock on.. many thanks for guidance in advance

thnanks Todd. it rocks.

sorry i am very new to playing the guitar so pardon my ignorance through I am avid fan of many rock bands since the CCR days till the mid early 90s. I adore all the guitar solos of the 80s rock/metalrock era plus a few unique artists like Peter Green and Steven Ray Vaughan and Dire Straits.
So far, rock favorites are many include, AC/DC, Scorpions, Van Halen, Journey, Eagles, Def Leppard, GnR, Whitesnake. For certain tracks esp the slow rock ones, I like Bad English, SkidRow, Alice Cooper, Faster Pussycat,, Tesla, Motley Crue, Firehouse, Damm Yankees.
Before deciding to take the bold step to learn the electric guitar, I have been a collector and am still collecting various rock bands; albums.

Thanks

Gotcha. I"m actually a fan of pretty much every act you named. I'm a pretty big music fan in general. My folks got me in to music at a young age and I've loved it every since smile.gif They were in to Fleetwood Mac and even the retro stuff like the Beatles. So I started young and kept going. The 80's were a great time for music, so were the 90s smile.gif Arguably, we are in a great time now as well! With the proliferation of so many artists due to technology. I"m glad you have joined the family here at GMC smile.gif Welcome home!
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey man, welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Check out this cool selection of "spandex" lessons biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/80s/
Daniel Realpe
welcome to GMC!

You'll some good material on the topics you want!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.