Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Guy
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Wheelyonyourface
Hey everyone. My name is Dan and I'm 25. I've been a huge metal fan and guitar fan since I was 4. I hope to learn a lot from this website and become a decent player. My setup is an RG370dx, epiphone valve jr combo, line 6 floor pod plus. My hobbies are running really, really far, lifting weights and of course, hanging out with my gorgeous Wife and kids.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Wheelyonyourface @ Aug 26 2011, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone. My name is Dan and I'm 25. I've been a huge metal fan and guitar fan since I was 4. I hope to learn a lot from this website and become a decent player. My setup is an RG370dx, epiphone valve jr combo, line 6 floor pod plus. My hobbies are running really, really far, lifting weights and of course, hanging out with my gorgeous Wife and kids.

Welcome to GMC Dan! smile.gif
Great hobbies btw. It all goes well with guitar practice.

See you around the forum,
Bogdan
thefireball
Welcome, man!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Dan!! Welcome to GMC! What things do you plan to learn? Which are your favourite players or bands?
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Wheelyonyourface @ Aug 26 2011, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Always great to meet a fellow Metal fan smile.gif Since 4? Wow! I"m Todd and I teach one of our Video Chat Lessons each Satrday @5PM EST 10PM GMT. We focus quite a bit on Metal and Heavy playing in general. Do join us!

Todd
Wheelyonyourface
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 26 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Dan!! Welcome to GMC! What things do you plan to learn? Which are your favourite players or bands?

Hey Gabriel. Thanks everyone for the welcomes. What do I plan to learn? I plan on becoming a self-satisfying musician. I've been loving music other people created since a young boy and I figured it was about time to give it a try myself. I would love to be able to create my own metal tunes, solo and rhythm. Eventually, I'd love to be able to play some melt your face off solos too lol.

My favorite musicians are Vinnie Moore, Joe Satriani, Jason Becker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Steve Harris, Dave Murray and Gary Moore (just to name a few smile.gif. As for my favorite bands...I'm a huge Maiden fan. I am also really enjoying music from the Welsh band 'Anterior'. If you haven't heard them then make sure to check them out! I'm also a fan of All That Remains and As I Lay Dying.

How about you? Fav artists/bands?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 26 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always great to meet a fellow Metal fan smile.gif Since 4? Wow! I"m Todd and I teach one of our Video Chat Lessons each Satrday @5PM EST 10PM GMT. We focus quite a bit on Metal and Heavy playing in general. Do join us!

Todd

Hey Todd. Those lessons sound like a blast but I need to get the basics down before I ruin your weekend laugh.gif . I hope to have the basics down soon as I'm practicing a few hours a day. I might stop in to check it out anyway. Thanks!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Wheelyonyourface @ Aug 26 2011, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gabriel. Thanks everyone for the welcomes. What do I plan to learn? I plan on becoming a self-satisfying musician. I've been loving music other people created since a young boy and I figured it was about time to give it a try myself. I would love to be able to create my own metal tunes, solo and rhythm. Eventually, I'd love to be able to play some melt your face off solos too lol.

My favorite musicians are Vinnie Moore, Joe Satriani, Jason Becker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Steve Harris, Dave Murray and Gary Moore (just to name a few smile.gif. As for my favorite bands...I'm a huge Maiden fan. I am also really enjoying music from the Welsh band 'Anterior'. If you haven't heard them then make sure to check them out! I'm also a fan of All That Remains and As I Lay Dying.

How about you? Fav artists/bands?

hey! that's really cool stuff! I like those bands, I've been a big fan of Maiden (you'll find some lessons that I did in the style of them here) and Metal in general (Classic, Power, Core, New, Death). Nowadays I like lots of music styles from folk, pop to the most extreme metal. My earlier influence has been Slash from Gun's and Roses and then Malmsteen and Petrucci. You have like different style too so I think that you'll enjoy the lessons of many instructors here... check our lessons archive and let us know if you need some help. I do Video Chat sessions every Wednesday so you're invited to join!
Enjoy the site.

Adrian Figallo
welcome to the site dude, i know you are going to have a good time over here.
i make video chats every wednesday at 4pm gmt -5, that's like 10pm over england, so if you need quick tips and a cool chat join me smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Wheelyonyourface @ Aug 26 2011, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Todd. Those lessons sound like a blast but I need to get the basics down before I ruin your weekend laugh.gif . I hope to have the basics down soon as I'm practicing a few hours a day. I might stop in to check it out anyway. Thanks!

Feel free to stop by even just to say hello and maybe pick up a couple of patterns to work with through the next week. We break things down and try to keep it simple so you should be in good shape wink.gif
Todd
Sinisa Cekic
Welcome to GMC Dan ! If you need any help - we are here smile.gif
dark dude
Welcome!

If you like Anterior, check out Sylosis smile.gif
Wheelyonyourface
QUOTE (dark dude @ Aug 26 2011, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome!

If you like Anterior, check out Sylosis smile.gif

Just checked them out man. Badass! Thanks
Blister
Hi Dan & welcome to GMC smile.gif . Hope to meet you in Todd's class tomorrow!

Gary
Ben Higgins
Hey Dan, I'm well pleased you decided to hit the forum... welcome again ! smile.gif

I would totally recommend you go and observe Todd's chat even if you don't play along, you'll still pick up loads of cool tips.. plus you can ask him questions (and any other instructor when you check out a video chat) cool.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Welcome aboard Dan, great to have you on the site. Anything you need, you just let us know! smile.gif

What is your current practice routine? What are you working on these past few weeks?
Wheelyonyourface
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 27 2011, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome aboard Dan, great to have you on the site. Anything you need, you just let us know! smile.gif

What is your current practice routine? What are you working on these past few weeks?

Hey Ivan. This week I have been working on some legato with the help of Ben's 'Land of Legato' as well as Marcus Lavendell's beginner neo classical lesson. I've also been working on learning 'Symphony of Destruction' by Megadeth. I have got most of the rhythm down in the song but I havent made an attempt at the solo. A video breakdown of the solo would be very helpful! Even if I am not at that level yet I'm sure others would benefit from it. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.