Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help Me!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
xxxridzr
PART 1: Performance Audition

Prepare and perform one musical selection that demonstrates your musicianship and technical proficiency.
Instrumental music students must bring their instruments to the audition. However, the school will provide a piano, double bass, tuba, percussion, harp, and guitar amplifier.
PART 2: Rhythmic Memory Test

Applicant taps back rhythmic patterns
PART 3: Tonal Memory Test

Applicant sings short melodies played by the examiner
PART 4: Sight-reading test (Instrumental applicants only)

I need more information if anyone can provide me on to ensure success into this school.

http://www.laguardiahs.org/application/audition_music.html

The link also if needed
Todd Simpson
Your first Music School Audition? Congrats! Should be fun smile.gif I'd say search youtube for videos of other folks doing the same or similar auditions and search forums on the web for those with similar experiences. Anybody else do Music Auditions for School that are reading the forums?
Adrian Figallo
just relax, practice hard the previous days, rest the day before, just have fun and relax.
Take extra cables, picks, a tuner, tune your guitar, tune it twice, and one more time just in case, if you are going to be standing put your guitar as high as you can, it's just an audition and you will play better.
Daniel Realpe
Be as much prepared as possible! don't leave any gaps in your preparation.

What I mean is, when you are practicing, feel like you are in the audition, imagine the "jury" there and be aware when you go blank or when you commit mistakes, and work on those parts first, be really focused on what parts might be troubling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.