Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesson Request - Steve Vai
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
thefireball
I wasn't sure which instructor to ask, so I ask here. Could somebody do a lesson on this song? I hope that copyright allows you. I've noticed some lessons are no longer here for that reason. smile.gif

Brandon

The Uncreator
This song is easier than it sounds actually, so much of the difficulty (as with any Vai song) is mostly in the phrasing and the precise nature of his technique. The speedy parts aren't as abstract and weirdly timed as a lot of his stuff so I found it was still quite difficult but less...discouraging? laugh.gif

Its a hell of a fun song to play, I still know the main riff but would love to see an instructor take this tune on. Don't think I ever got the wah bits right, doubt I ever will, wah is my enemy.
thefireball
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 27 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This song is easier than it sounds actually, so much of the difficulty (as with any Vai song) is mostly in the phrasing and the precise nature of his technique. The speedy parts aren't as abstract and weirdly timed as a lot of his stuff so I found it was still quite difficult but less...discouraging? laugh.gif

Its a hell of a fun song to play, I still know the main riff but would love to see an instructor take this tune on. Don't think I ever got the wah bits right, doubt I ever will, wah is my enemy.

I had wondered if it was easier than it sounds. ph34r.gif Yeah, seeing an instructor's take would definitely be fun. I can see Vai's fingers very easily in the live shows. biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
The song is amazing as everything that Vai composes! I could do it but I don't have a guitar with floyd rose at this moment so maybe another instructor could make it better... let's wait for what the others say..
Ben Higgins
I also have a lack of Floyd Rose... mellow.gif
Daniel Realpe
I've never heard the original version! I prefer the live version, on the G3 DVD, I hope I can take the time to do it
Adrian Figallo
I would do it, but i can't play it biggrin.gif
thefireball
Thanks for the replies! I was hoping somebody would step up to the plate, Daniel. smile.gif If you can't find the time, no worries. I've been practicing on your "Wild Bends" lesson. Killing my fingers with 10s. Gotta go back to hybrids with 9s on the top and 10s on the bottom. wink.gif It's really fun though. I've got most of it learned. I love the "confused" bend part. I will record a REC soon enough. But when I do, I'm going to add a little bit of my own spice to it. I can't help but do so. cool.gif This lesson inspired me to start writing a song. Composing so much as of late. biggrin.gif

A small draft (guitars and drums only) is attached.

It's called "Let's Boogie."
Gabriel Leopardi
Nice tune Fireball! It's great when some music inspires you to work on your own stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.