Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guitar Body Shapes
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Cosmin Lupu
I was thinking of my first guitar today - a copy of a Jackson Randy Rhoads which I received as a gift from mom and dad back in '99. At that time I had no clue about what the body of my instrument could do for me, so I went for the 'swallow tail' just because it was SO AWESOME in my opinion back then.

Today, I would not trade the sleek body of a rounded PRS who I can play when seated down, or an ergonomic body of a strat.

If you were to choose, would you fancy an exotic shape - why? Does it help you and if it does, how does it?
Wheelyonyourface
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2011, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking of my first guitar today - a copy of a Jackson Randy Rhoads which I received as a gift from mom and dad back in '99. At that time I had no clue about what the body of my instrument could do for me, so I went for the 'swallow tail' just because it was SO AWESOME in my opinion back then.

Today, I would not trade the sleek body of a rounded PRS who I can play when seated down, or an ergonomic body of a strat.

If you were to choose, would you fancy an exotic shape - why? Does it help you and if it does, how does it?

I own an RG and a strat...they seem to me like a perfect fit. I've never tried a V but they look awesome! My main concern right now isn't the shape of the guitar but my actual posture. I've been practicing about 2 hours a day and my back really starts to suffer after a while.
Sinisa Cekic
I,m also traditional smile.gif ergonomic and comfortable shape !
K1R
I don't know why, but I really wanted the guitar with those "f" holes. So I visited every shop in my city before I found my guitar. I just came in, saw it and bought it smile.gif Now I am really satisfied with my choice and I will never sell this guitar.
I like ESP Forest guitars. A month ago I saw LTD f2e at ultimate-guitar.com and fell in love with it smile.gif

I also have a strat copy and I find it very comfortable. Though I'm not a "strat man" smile.gif
Played friend's LP once and I think it is not my kind of guitars as it wasn't really comfortable for me.
Never played V. I feel comfortable playing in the classic position so I don't think that V shape will be a problem for me while playing sitting.
And as I told you before, I'm in love with your PRS biggrin.gif
Daniel Realpe
I love flying Vs but they are pretty inconvenient sometimes
Adrian Figallo
i always found the shape a les paul the sexiest one smile.gif
and V's well i find them REALLY comfortable specially when i'm recording seated smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
I would like to have a flying V guitar but only to play standing up and mostly live.. for some songs... the shapes that I like more are les paul and prs custom models.
Ivan Milenkovic
I like various shapes, but it turns out many are not ergonomic. Would like to have one unusual shaped guitar, if I had let's say.. 5 biggrin.gif One unusual for photography posing or something, why not smile.gif

In terms of comfort, I've found SG and Strat having the most. LP so and so because of the weight, and PRS seems a bit fragile in my hands smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 31 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like various shapes, but it turns out many are not ergonomic. Would like to have one unusual shaped guitar, if I had let's say.. 5 biggrin.gif One unusual for photography posing or something, why not smile.gif

In terms of comfort, I've found SG and Strat having the most. LP so and so because of the weight, and PRS seems a bit fragile in my hands smile.gif

I can't manage a Les Paul either biggrin.gif but the PRS...aaaahhh that's pure poetry my friend! AND it's very sturdy biggrin.gif trust me!
thefireball
I prefer the Soloist shape = like all my guitars have.
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 31 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't manage a Les Paul either biggrin.gif but the PRS...aaaahhh that's pure poetry my friend! AND it's very sturdy biggrin.gif trust me!

Well, each to his own. I don't mind PRS guitars, just find them a bit fragile. I know they aren't but it's the feel that they leave. I've tried many.

edit: Santana finds them great, so do you - I respect that smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 31 2011, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, each to his own. I don't mind PRS guitars, just find them a bit fragile. I know they aren't but it's the feel that they leave. I've tried many.

edit: Santana finds them great, so do you - I respect that smile.gif

biggrin.gif I also like SG's. Maybe I'll get one at some point, who knows? smile.gif
Fran
Strat shaped ones seem the most comfortable for me smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.