Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have You Ever Been In Unpleasant Situation
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ivan Milenkovic
I was in numerous unpleasant situations, mostly due to my fault, snapped strings, time to restring the guitar, or unpleasant conversations with the bosses of clubs are the things that I remember the most.

Were you ever in some situation that you would rather avoid?
MickeM
From the top of my head.

A girl in the audience flirted with me. Not unpleasant in itself but I started to show off and ran so off I missed the arrangement, got stressed and ruined the entire song to the extent we had to stop and move to the next. Embarrasing, especially since I was trying to look cool.

First song of a gig. I was playing my riff, the song was kind of flat without it so it had to be there, but didn't hear one tone. Had to fix it quick since we had started but had no clue to the reason. Everything should be working. It wasn't the the guitar volume knobs, not the jack, not the amp, not the cord. After an eternity I found out that someone had turned the preamp volume down (a Blackstar HT Dual pedal)) to zero some time after our sound check, when everything was GO. I looked like a confused fool.

On a miniature stage I stood right under a spotlight that was facing the top of my head and was constantly on througout the gig, and hot like a frying pan for crispy bacon. I was sweating like a pig and felt just disgusting, it was running in floods and I had chosen jeans that god sticky. I looked like a sweating pig. A warm summer night, no wind so I was still soaked on the tube going home.

Good thing is it wasn't all during the same gig atleast wink.gif
Sinisa Cekic
There were a lot of such situations. Most of them are - payment of gigs, always "misunderstandings" dry.gif biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 31 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were a lot of such situations. Most of them are - payment of gigs, always "misunderstandings" dry.gif biggrin.gif

Yes, somehow club heads and musicians always have problems communicating on this issue, sooo difficult to understand that musicians need to be payed, it seems.. smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 31 2011, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, somehow club heads and musicians always have problems communicating on this issue, sooo difficult to understand that musicians need to be payed, it seems.. smile.gif

That's why every band needs a manager, he can communicate well with club owners smile.gif.
jstcrsn
once we were playing heavy metal in a biker bar and all they wanted to hear was acdc , so after a while everyone left and the owner looked at us and offered us less money for the gig if we just quit early

drunk girl ,spills drink on preamp,enough said

sound guy gives us the thumbs up ,I lean down to here my guitar in my moniter before the mains go on, hit 3 of my tuners on the other guitarists amp ,taking it out of tune as I am tuning, the mains go live,did not have a tuner in series, so I had to tune it by ear and everyones is lookin at me like why did you not tune earlier

start a song with the capo on the wrong fret, start the song again and stop- wondering why it sounds out of tune , stop look around, and by chance look down and lukily notice the capo,move it , and for a third time start the song
superize
I played a gig with several other musicians so i dident play every song and after i had played one song and went of stage i turned the amp on standby and went out. When i later come out ready to play again i had totally forgot about it so the song started and no sound for me. everybody stopped playing and i went to the amp and turned it on again and we could start all over again
Cosmin Lupu
Hmmmm, it happens that just last weekend, at one of Romania's most 'prestigious' festivals, I was performing alongside a friend's band who asked me to fill in for him as he couldn't attend the gig. At the soundcheck, the other guitarist suddenly had no sound at all...guess why...the cabinet snapped and it couldn't be replaced...because they had none other... (note that this festival has been going on in Romania for the last 41 years...) Well, during the concert, the other guitarist in the band decided that he will perform without being cabled, as a sign of protest! You don't want to know what kind of a circus show went on there biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.