Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improvising Video
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
El Fortinero
well i was bored and had to study but searching on the net a found this awesome backing track and wanted to record something, i just did not prepare it so there are mistakes and all that things, just improvise over the backing, i can play it better or also can play it worse (it dependes on the day smile.gif)
any feedback will be very welcome

sorry about the sound, i recorded with my new photograph camera which was supposed to be great and it is not so good as regards "sound capture"

I can upload the backingtrack too but i don´t know if it is allowed! any moderator will tell us

Thanks - Nahuel "el fortinero"

Ivan Milenkovic
Very good man, I like your tone, you have a nice control. I would say there are few things you could work on, probably making that vibrato a bit slower and wider first. Other than that it's very good, keep up the good work. Nice axes in the background too smile.gif
El Fortinero
Thanks Ivan i knew i could count with your wise opinon! i will work on slow vibratos! smile.gif
jstcrsn
I noticed that the less notes you play , it seemed difficult and less comfortable then the fast licks, overall a great job
my encouragement is to try to not go fast and see how sweet and sassy you can make your solo's with out the shreddy licks
also see if you can tell the story with your lead
Sinisa Cekic
Nice take , but I have the impression that you had kept to Gminor pentatonic accent instead of Gmajor pentatonic ! In this progression try to use parallel Eminor pentatonic and tell us how it sounds !
El Fortinero
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 2 2011, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that the less notes you play , it seemed difficult and less comfortable then the fast licks, overall a great job
my encouragement is to try to not go fast and see how sweet and sassy you can make your solo's with out the shreddy licks
also see if you can tell the story with your lead

Yeah that's a good idea - tell a story- , I always try to play fast, really don't know why , i will try to prepare a story for this backing (i think i will be harder) thanks for the advice!!

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 2 2011, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice take , but I have the impression that you had kept to Gminor pentatonic accent instead of Gmajor pentatonic ! In this progression try to use parallel Eminor pentatonic and tell us how it sounds !

Now that you mention, you are right! if the backing is in G major i should have used the g major scale or the g major pentatonic, or the relatives in E. I will try it the hole backing just using the e minor scale and pentatonic to see what happens.
if I found something quiet interesting i'll record the vid again. thank you very much for the feedback!
Adrian Figallo
very nice man, good take, i would like to see bigger vibratos, also you need to practice a wee bit more your slow playing, you sound more secure playing faster.

great take overall, loving the background guitars.
El Fortinero
Thanks for you Feedback Adrián, i forgot to tell that i love violent vibratos, but it seems that I abuse a bit of they.

tha guitars of the back are all leftis smile.gif and my custom made warlock is not there! smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
I like the fact that you take the time to express some ideas at the beginning, and you create some nice phrases.
El Fortinero
Thanks Daniel, in fact, i take my time, try to give some sikences, but really do not think about phrases, just play, and that's why sometime i play phrases that like very much but then i fogot how i did it :$
Adrian Figallo
you need to get back to your recordings and start learning your own stuff! that's the way to develop a style in my opinion wink.gif you are doing great man, keep practicing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.