Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arpeggios
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Coastie Brian

Can someone tell me exactly how arpeggios are created?

Also can someone give me some practice material with apeggios or where to find some
Michael AC
QUOTE (Coastie Brian @ Sep 2 2011, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also can someone give me some practice material with apeggios or where to find some

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Arpegg...rkshop-Level-1/

Best lessons around on arps!
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks Michael! smile.gif Yes, the series goes through all arps systematically, there is plenty of material for practicing. If you have any questions let us know! smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
yep, those lessons are detailed and well explained, any other questions, shoot them though!
Sinisa Cekic
QUOTE (Coastie Brian @ Sep 3 2011, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same as chord! The three basic tones (1,3,5) picked at the same time gives a chord, but if you pick one by one, separately - you get a arpeggio!
Cosmin Lupu
Mate, an arpeggio - as Sinisa pointed - is basically a chord whose notes are being played separately, not simultaneously (that's when you call it a chord). You can make up arpeggios out of every chord out there smile.gif

Try this for instance:

- We have a CM7 chord (1 3 5 7 = C E G cool.gif
- Find this note sequence in as many possible places on your guitar neck
- Look at it in as many ways as you can (vertically and horizontally)
- Play it against a metronome and against a CM7 chord, by combining the 4 notes in as many rhythmical subdivisions as possible (use 16th notes, 8th notes, triplets, sextuplets etc.)

Be creative and don't yourself on playing patterns!

Ivan's arpeggio workshops are a very good starting point! So tackle those first and then try the thing above and see how creative you can be biggrin.gif

cheerios

Cosmin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.