Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is He Doing?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
El Fortinero
I was looking a video of avenged sevenfold and there is a part in the solo where this little guy is making some kind of cool harmonic that i can't produce on my guitar. So, iI will call to the wisdom of gmc community to please answer my question.

the song is bat country - unfourtunately the embbeded is not available, the harmonics i want to know are in the min 2:32
here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHS3qJdxefY&ob=av3e

i tried hitting the bar, as he does, but nothing happens but noise sad.gif

Gracias!!

(gracias = thanks)
Cosmin Lupu
Mate, that is not a harmonic wink.gif he frets a note with his right hand and bends the string with his left for that effect. Try this so you may experience the idea: fret the C note on the G string (5th position) with your left hand and tap and HOLD the C note on the 17th position on the G string. Then immediately bend and release the C note in the 5th position. See if it works wink.gif
Daniel Realpe
Cosmin is spot on! The key is to bend the string with your left hand WHILE tapping the fret! if you haven't done this before you will discover it's a lot of fun!

(De nada: You're welcome) smile.gif
El Fortinero
aaaahhhh yesssss I knew the technique but somehow i forgot about it, thank guys!!!
Gabriel Leopardi
yeah, that's what he is doing. It looks awesome because this is a videoclip and he doesn't have to make it sound. He would be quieter if he would have been playing it live.
El Fortinero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 6 2011, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, that's what he is doing. It looks awesome because this is a videoclip and he doesn't have to make it sound. He would be quieter if he would have been playing it live.

you are absolutely right Gabe, "un cancherito" we would say in spanish smile.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Look at 00:25 ,B string 19th fret - The first is the harmonic, the second, on same spot, isn't wink.gif
Chorus lead
Cosmin Lupu
Hola Nahuel! How's it going with that tapped bend? biggrin.gif
El Fortinero
Hola Cosmin! i see you are learning some spanish (?) can you tell us how to say hello/ goodbye in Romanian? that would be great to learn words from other languages

the tapped bending sounds great my friend, it's a technique that i knew but somehow forgot, (did you see that Ben's thread about techniques that you like but don't use it?)

These days i am working on the love me competition, I am finishing my crazy take, but our beloved Kris made the track in Db which is a tunning that i had never played before.... so it is hard....

some spanish words!

Hello: Hola
Goodbye: chau / adios
good morgning: buen día
good afternoon: buenas tardes
good night: buenas noches

did you know that the spanish language is one of the hardest to learn? ohmy.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Sep 9 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hola Cosmin! i see you are learning some spanish (?) can you tell us how to say hello/ goodbye in Romanian? that would be great to learn words from other languages

the tapped bending sounds great my friend, it's a technique that i knew but somehow forgot, (did you see that Ben's thread about techniques that you like but don't use it?)

These days i am working on the love me competition, I am finishing my crazy take, but our beloved Kris made the track in Db which is a tunning that i had never played before.... so it is hard....

some spanish words!

Hello: Hola
Goodbye: chau / adios
good morgning: buen día
good afternoon: buenas tardes
good night: buenas noches

did you know that the spanish language is one of the hardest to learn? ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif well, for me it doesn't - don't forget I have latin blood as well wink.gif

In Romanian:

Hello - Salut
Goodbye - La revedere/ Pa pa
Good morning - Buna dimineata
Good afternoon - Buna ziua
Good night - Noapte buna

you know what? biggrin.gif you just gave me a good idea mate! We'll move this and make a separate thread! tongue.gif
El Fortinero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 9 2011, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif well, for me it doesn't - don't forget I have latin blood as well wink.gif

In Romanian:

Hello - Salut
Goodbye - La revedere/ Pa pa
Good morning - Buna dimineata
Good afternoon - Buna ziua
Good night - Noapte buna

you know what? biggrin.gif you just gave me a good idea mate! We'll move this and make a separate thread! tongue.gif

Really?? didn't know! from where?

and yes, it is a great idea for a thread, i will participate for sure
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Sep 9 2011, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really?? didn't know! from where?

and yes, it is a great idea for a thread, i will participate for sure

Well, Nahuel, the romanian people are half roman half dacian at their origins smile.gif thus, the latin blood flowing in our veins!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.