Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Practice Shedule
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Davidian
Hi!

Finally, my exams are over! biggrin.gif So now I have enough time to practice the guitar. And I made some sort of a practice shedule, so I really practice something and don't fiddle around.

I made it for about 1 or 1,30h of playing per day (I also want to use it when school starts again). I hope this'll be enough...

- Warming up (5 min): some kind of spider excercice. I do hammer-ons and pull-offs with every combination of fingers possible on every string.
CODE
E|
B|          etc...
G|
D|----------1h2-
A|-----1h2------
E|-1h2----------

And then combinations 2-3, 3-4, 1-3, ...

- Scales (5 min): Every couple of days, I'll try to learn a new scale. For example: now I'll learn the first position of the major scale and go up and down (and I'll try to not let my fingers "fly", come away from the fingerboard a lot). I learn them by heart, do random changes, skip strings, play them in thirds, ...

- Chords (10 min): I learn some new chords, and try to perfectionise the ones I know (I have some sloppy changes sad.gif )

- Alternate picking (10 min): do some excercises from Todd's Saturday Video Lessons

- Legato (10 min): practice some bends, etc. (I'll have a look into Ben's lessons)

- Practice a lesson on GMC I like or a song (rest of the time)

So, what do you guys think? How can I improve this shedule?

Thanks smile.gif

Maarten

- Legato
dark dude
Add some ear training and theory into there smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I think this is all great, and you should add arpeggios here, and practice them in parallel with chords. For example:

Monday: C major 7th chord (all 5 CAGED positions)
C major 7th arp (complete pattern on the neck)

and so you go through all the chords and arps..
Sinisa Cekic
For warming up exercise you have to think on your right hand too, so I would recommend chromatic scales with alternate picking. That's the best way to warm and sync both hands !

My favorite is something like this, down & up:

e[-4-3-2-1-0-------------------------------------------------------------------]
b[---------------4-3-2-1-0-----------------------------------------------------]
g[------------------------------3-2-1-0-----------------------------------------]
d[----------------------------------------4-3-2-1-0----------------------------]
a[-----------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1-0---------------]
e[------------------------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1-0--]
MonkeyDAthos
Composing songs, they don't need to have like 24 min, simple things etcetc is also cool to train
Davidian
Thanks guys! I'll try to encorporate these thing in the schedule. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.