Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Guitar On The Move!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Qenzoz
Just got paid by the school and boom bam, got enough money for my new friend biggrin.gif

ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black
From Thomann: Electric guitar, LP style, mahogany body, 3-piece set mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, abalone flags inlays, gold hardware, thomann Tone Pros T3B-T/T1Z locking bridge, binding, EMG 81 & 60 pickups, 1 toggle switch. Colour: Black Satin

Also ordered my self a pair of ear plugs, after having my ears ringing out for a long time after listening to a cymbal crashing on and on at my schools jam room, I realized it would be a good idea to get something to protect my ears laugh.gif

AND! I'll also start doing some REC videos, so that'll be interesting.. tongue.gif

Cheers!
Sinisa Cekic
Congratulations on the new guitar! Excellent instrument wink.gif
Qenzoz
Thanks smile.gif, yeah it is ^^
djohnneay
Looks good! Show us some pics when you get it!
Adrian Figallo
i LOVE the ec series, great guitar, i almost bought one a while ago smile.gif
SpaseMoonkey
Since some of you have played them. How far off does it feel from say a gibson les paul? I've been thinking of the big brother the eclipse but have never had the chance to play any of them.
Adrian Figallo
they will rock your socks off, super duper quality, and it feels similar but they got modern things, cutaways and chambers i guess, because they are not as heavy.
jstcrsn
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 8 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got paid by the school and boom bam, got enough money for my new friend biggrin.gif

ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black
From Thomann: Electric guitar, LP style, mahogany body, 3-piece set mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, abalone flags inlays, gold hardware, thomann Tone Pros T3B-T/T1Z locking bridge, binding, EMG 81 & 60 pickups, 1 toggle switch. Colour: Black Satin

Also ordered my self a pair of ear plugs, after having my ears ringing out for a long time after listening to a cymbal crashing on and on at my schools jam room, I realized it would be a good idea to get something to protect my ears laugh.gif

AND! I'll also start doing some REC videos, so that'll be interesting.. tongue.gif

Cheers!

nice guitar ,I just got mine back (new left handed pots installed) and I love it ,I am sure you'll love yours
Todd Simpson
NICE! That thing is a beast. The sustain will be just sick. Not to mention the pickup set will melt your face! Good pick!
dark dude
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Sep 8 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since some of you have played them. How far off does it feel from say a gibson les paul? I've been thinking of the big brother the eclipse but have never had the chance to play any of them.

A friend who solely plays Gibson LPs tried mine and was very impressed, definately great value he said. The body isn't as thick, so I still believe the better sound comes from the Gibsons, but I'm not thinking of shelving out that much cash anytime soon.

Also, another friend has the Eclipse and upon comparison, he would rather just buy the LTD and save the difference.
Daniel Realpe
Oh my! congrats! that's one hell of a guitar!
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow, looks awesome indeed, congratulations man. I usually don't like Gold hardware, but here it looks just right! smile.gif
Qenzoz
QUOTE (djohnneay @ Sep 8 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good! Show us some pics when you get it!

I will biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 9 2011, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they will rock your socks off, super duper quality, and it feels similar but they got modern things, cutaways and chambers i guess, because they are not as heavy.

Are the ESP lighter than an Gibson, or is Gibson lighter than ESP?

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 9 2011, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice guitar ,I just got mine back (new left handed pots installed) and I love it ,I am sure you'll love yours

Cool biggrin.gif, which guitar case do you have? Since I have no idea which one to actually get for a 24 fret LP style guitar tongue.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 9 2011, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NICE! That thing is a beast. The sustain will be just sick. Not to mention the pickup set will melt your face! Good pick!

Can't wait to try it out ^^

QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 9 2011, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friend who solely plays Gibson LPs tried mine and was very impressed, definately great value he said. The body isn't as thick, so I still believe the better sound comes from the Gibsons, but I'm not thinking of shelving out that much cash anytime soon.

Also, another friend has the Eclipse and upon comparison, he would rather just buy the LTD and save the difference.

Nice to hear biggrin.gif, I was wondering if I should save up for an Gibson for like 2100 eur, but I decided to go for this one instead, sounds just as good in its own way, everyone that has it seems very happy with it, plus I like EMG pick ups biggrin.gif, and it has 24 frets, I hate guitars that has 21 or 22 frets... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 9 2011, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my! congrats! that's one hell of a guitar!

Thanks! smile.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 9 2011, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, looks awesome indeed, congratulations man. I usually don't like Gold hardware, but here it looks just right! smile.gif

Thanks. Me neither, but yeah it just looks right here somehow biggrin.gif
dark dude
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 9 2011, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice to hear biggrin.gif, I was wondering if I should save up for an Gibson for like 2100 eur, but I decided to go for this one instead, sounds just as good in its own way, everyone that has it seems very happy with it, plus I like EMG pick ups biggrin.gif, and it has 24 frets, I hate guitars that has 21 or 22 frets... laugh.gif

Yeah, 24 frets, solid pups and 2100 EUR? No thanks.
jstcrsn
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 9 2011, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool biggrin.gif, which guitar case do you have? Since I have no idea which one to actually get for a 24 fret LP style guitar tongue.gif

my case is an epiphone, but there is just a little movement, if I were you I would try to see if there is a case from ltd that might fit tighter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.