Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Play Sweeps And Not Sound Like Everyone Else
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
El Fortinero
wasting my life on the net i found this great video of Kiko Loureiro which i found extremely interesting, check it :

WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ADD SO WE CAN PLAY SWEEPS WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?
Gabriel Leopardi
How many rich information in just 3 minutes! The concept behind his approach to sweeps and arpeggios are really cool. Thanks for sharing!
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome examples, I like his tone and playing a lot, it sounds jazzy, because he's explaining on clean tone and uses lots of unusual voicings, but it sounds awesome anyway smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
This guy is unbelievable!

It's such a simple and useful tip. Think of the scale as 1 -3 - 5 -7 AND THEN 2 -4 - 6

you automatically gonna start sounding more melodic because there's more jumps.

I attended Rafael Bittencourt's workshop (the other guy in Angra) in Bogota, and he said kind of the same thing in other words. To use jumps instead of scales.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 10 2011, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This guy is unbelievable!

It's such a simple and useful tip. Think of the scale as 1 -3 - 5 -7 AND THEN 2 -4 - 6

you automatically gonna start sounding more melodic because there's more jumps.

I attended Rafael Bittencourt's workshop (the other guy in Angra) in Bogota, and he said kind of the same thing in other words. To use jumps instead of scales.

yeah, that's a good tip! I'll start working on it in my guitar routine of today... smile.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Excellent tips indeed, he's awesome player ! Thanks for share smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.