Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos From My Signature Guitar Prototype
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Adrian Figallo
Hey guys!, today i'm very excited because i just met the prototype for my signature guitar, so all my thoughts, hope and dreams (and specs tongue.gif) are finally taking shape, and a lovely wooden shape smile.gif

So i will post some here and comment what's going on, the front of the guitar may look like a classic LP shaped guitar, but it's not as simple as it looks.

By the way, the guy building this guitar might be a kind of genius biggrin.gif, he made the guitar entirely by hand, but i need to play the guitar first, so far, VERY excited.

This is the front of the guitar, the body has peruvian alder top (here is called pumaquiro), and the body itself it's a solid and heavy mahogany thing .

I didn't like a lot the look of the neck going into the body on the front of the guitar, so this guy is making a very fine top of alder to cover it, it will look similar to the eric clapton les paul, which i totally love.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I also wanted a carved body top, similar to a PRS but not so fine, i think he made a great job.

Click to view attachment

On this pic you can see the back of the guitar, that's a 2 piece mahogany body with a neck thru that goes until the bridge of the guitar, we are trying this instead of making it until the end of the guitar, may make good vibrations smile.gif

Click to view attachment

This is a close up for the neck, that's 3 pieces of mahogany and 2 pieces of pao ferro, a VERY strong wood, pao ferro means literally wood made of steel.

Click to view attachment

And this is the joint between the neck and the guitar, i wanted more access for higher frets, and this is very comfortable, or it looks like/feels like at least.

Click to view attachment

The headstock is a very small modification of the classic LP shape, it's not finish yet, but my signature is going to be there eventually.

Click to view attachment

Here is a cool close up of the body:

Click to view attachment

It needs a LOT of more work, but it's mainly cosmetic now, the guitar even now feels incredible.

The signature version will be loaded with:

-Bareknuckle "The Mule" on the bridge or Seymour Duncan "Pearly Gates" depending on the specific model
-Seymour Duncan "Alnico Pro II" on the neck
-Sperzel locking tuners
-Wilkinson hardware
-3 way toggle switch
-2 (or 3 way) coil split switch
-2 volume
-1 tone

LOVING IT so far, and the model name is the "cabaret" i hope you all like the prototype smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow, looks awesome even like this! biggrin.gif Great pics mate, let us know how to further built goes smile.gif
nikeman64
WOW Adrian,

It's amazing how human hands can build something like this. I really like the pattern of the nerves at the front side of the guitar. i don't know what finish you have in mind but to me personally, I think it would be a pitty to destroy that pattern with a completely covering finish. A sunburst would really look great on this one !! (But that's my opinion ofcourse) I also like very much the cut away, and more specifically the way the neck seems to melt into the body. we all know Les Pauls are a litlle less unreachable in the higher positions, but this model will not have that problem.
The hardware that will be installed is top notch and has proven itself time after time. So this will be a hell of an axe !!!!!

Man, your hands must really be itchy !!!!

Good luck, and hopefully you can soon spread your talent all over this beauty !!!!

Nico. smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
I would personally buy a guitar like this! looking good!
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 10 2011, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, looks awesome even like this! biggrin.gif Great pics mate, let us know how to further built goes smile.gif

It does man, i will smile.gif

QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Sep 10 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW Adrian,

It's amazing how human hands can build something like this. I really like the pattern of the nerves at the front side of the guitar. i don't know what finish you have in mind but to me personally, I think it would be a pitty to destroy that pattern with a completely covering finish. A sunburst would really look great on this one !! (But that's my opinion ofcourse) I also like very much the cut away, and more specifically the way the neck seems to melt into the body. we all know Les Pauls are a litlle less unreachable in the higher positions, but this model will not have that problem.
The hardware that will be installed is top notch and has proven itself time after time. So this will be a hell of an axe !!!!!

Man, your hands must really be itchy !!!!

Good luck, and hopefully you can soon spread your talent all over this beauty !!!!

Nico. smile.gif

Hey thanks man, it is going to be a vintage sunburst here, and personally i like plain looking tops that's why i'm going with a plain "vintage" looking alder top, i want it to look like this:

That neck joint is the best man, i'm very happy i asked for that, it is going to rock!!

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 10 2011, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would personally buy a guitar like this! looking good!

Thanks daniel, me too man, and the best part is that it is going to be relatively cheap for the thing it is, but let's wait and see how it plays and sounds smile.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Nice nice nice smile.gif ! Looks great !!
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 10 2011, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice nice nice smile.gif ! Looks great !!

Thanks man, im glad you like it!
Todd Simpson
Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear it!
AK Rich
Wow that looks pretty slick , love the cutaway for better access to the fretboard down there, and also that neck thru to the bridge seems like it could have a never ending sustain, verrrrry cooool
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 10 2011, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear it!

Thank you todd my friend smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 10 2011, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow that looks pretty slick , love the cutaway for better access to the fretboard down there, and also that neck thru to the bridge seems like it could have a never ending sustain, verrrrry cooool

Thanks man, exactly, that's what i LOVE about that neck thru smile.gif, i'm sure it will have some sustain on it!
Ivan Milenkovic
Gotta love that vintage look man, it's awesome smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 11 2011, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta love that vintage look man, it's awesome smile.gif

Thanks man, i can't wait any longer to put my hands on this beauty!
K1R
Looks awesome! I very like this neck joint. By the way, when will it be ready? smile.gif
K1R
Looks awesome! I very like this neck joint. By the way, when will it be ready? smile.gif
maharzan
That looks awesome Adrian!
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (K1R @ Sep 11 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks buddy, that is a sexy joint smile.gif, it should be ready and painted in about 2 weeks smile.gif

QUOTE (maharzan @ Sep 11 2011, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks awesome Adrian!

Thanks brother!
audiopaal
Nice!! Can't wait to see it finished smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
thanks man, this weekend im having the hardware installed and ready to test without paint smile.gif
Sircraigery
Awesome!
Adrian Figallo
thanks man smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.