Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Time
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
jstcrsn
mudbone , ben , I new this title would suck you in laugh.gif
first of all I would like to thank everyone that helped me get through (recording for dummies) and I don't know if this will dowload , as my first attempt failed
it is my first time recording myself(ever)(except when my band went in the studio, but we had an engineer then)
I just barely understand enough to record, set the levels and export
I did record with effects so I would not have to figure out how to add them
it's rough and there are some timing issues ,I know
but feedback is still welcome
thanks again for everyone's help
and I have to jump back in and give due to instructor jonathan burgos for this awesome lesson

okay-- I saved this in windows media file, does anyone know how to change this back
Mudbone
I was expecting a juicy escapade, but instead all we got was a story about some guy playing with his wood in front of a computer tongue.gif All kidding aside, the playing was great, but the rhythm guitar sounded a little thin and distant. Wish I could tell you how to fix that biggrin.gif
jstcrsn
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Sep 13 2011, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was expecting a juicy escapade, but instead all we got was a story about some guy playing with his wood in front of a computer tongue.gif All kidding aside, the playing was great, but the rhythm guitar sounded a little thin and distant. Wish I could tell you how to fix that biggrin.gif

Thanks I have along way to go figuring out cubase,I tried for a few more hours this afternoon and just lost the guitar track trying to record a different take , and please this is a family site , no stories about me and my wood
Mudbone
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 12 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks I have along way to go figuring out cubase,I tried for a few more hours this afternoon and just lost the guitar track trying to record a different take , and please this is a family site , no stories about me and my wood

For a first try I thought it was pretty good biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.