Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bill Lawrence Pickups
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Adrian Figallo
Hey guys, today i was talking with my dad, and he told me that he just ordered some Bill Lawrence pickups because they rock, but to be honest i just know the brand by name, any experience with those?

i find this video, they look great!

Mudbone
Well I can't tell you any personal experience, but just from all the reviews and forum posts I've seen they are great pickups. Plus Bill Lawrence himself has been integral in the design of the pickup. So you won't be getting a bad pickup. Are there better pickups out there?At that level I think it just boils down to personal preference.
Daniel Realpe
I like the bite they have, just hearing from the video
Ivan Milenkovic
Yeah, really good attack on the tele, and the tone response is very good too. Not sure about those pups tho..
Gabriel Leopardi
I've never used them but I like the sound from the video!
Sensible Jones
No experience with those ones in particular mate, but I have used the L-500 which is the blade type humbucker that Nuno uses! They are seriously good, wide ranging humbuckers!! I've installed them in quite a few guitars!
Those ones sound nice though, very crisp response!
biggrin.gif
Sinisa Cekic
According to the video - awesome pickups, but I never heard them live smile.gif
JD_
Hey mate, I have Bill Lawrence pickups on my N4. They are Nuno Bettencourts + Dimabag Darell sig pickups.... (Bill Lawrence USA L500XL pickup)

They are pretty dam good, and they are quite cheaps too. You can hear them on a vid i posted for Ivan current collab....

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry543426
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 13 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No experience with those ones in particular mate, but I have used the L-500 which is the blade type humbucker that Nuno uses! They are seriously good, wide ranging humbuckers!! I've installed them in quite a few guitars!
Those ones sound nice though, very crisp response!
biggrin.gif

nuno has a great tone, i might get my hands in one of those man smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Why not, if they are not so expensive, and are still custom made, you maybe getting yourself a very good deal. It would be interesting to try them no doubt smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
that's right man, going to order one for my flying v smile.gif
Twinbroz
They came on my signature guitar, the ESP Cygnus. They sound amazing, have a lot of punch and act like sustainer pickups. My favorite japanese guitarist Leda from a band Deluhi uses it and his vibrato is insane. He uses Bill Lawrence pups in all of his guitars now. Harmonics come out easy and its all in all an awesome pickup.
Adrian Figallo
ahh that's great news for me, i think im going to order the pickups from the nuno's guitar, it sure sounds amazing.
JD_
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 19 2011, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh that's great news for me, i think im going to order the pickups from the nuno's guitar, it sure sounds amazing.

Agreed, the pickup is a great starting point to make good and versitile tone...
Adrian Figallo
im wondering about all those highs freqs tho, but who knows, i will give it a try smile.gif
JD_
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 20 2011, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im wondering about all those highs freqs tho, but who knows, i will give it a try smile.gif

I wouldn't concern myself with the issue mate, the pickups are VERY versitile, high freqs are there, for example if u want pinch harmonics, they will eaisly come out, but its not like the freq is too high or 'trebbly'....you can punch in high gain metal, blues and even clean and it all sounds balanced....That's my 2cents anyway....

But Nuno and Dimebagg have been using them for years...

Let me know how they work for you cool.gif
Adrian Figallo
im def going to try them, and i love nuno's tone, so i cant go wrong, just wondering now how to get them here in peru biggrin.gif
JD_
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 20 2011, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im def going to try them, and i love nuno's tone, so i cant go wrong, just wondering now how to get them here in peru biggrin.gif

Awesome....Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bill-Lawrence-U...=item2a138314f5

I have bought things from them before....good seller.
Adrian Figallo
dude thank you for that link, checking out the store, ah man, you are giving more than an excuse to spend $50 biggrin.gif
JD_
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 21 2011, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude thank you for that link, checking out the store, ah man, you are giving more than an excuse to spend $50 biggrin.gif

Haha...yea mate no worries, I have pumped alot of money into them. I bought both my Washburn Nuno Bettencourt Sig Models from them....cert of aunthenticity, came in perfect condition. They are good, and I believe they have the cheapest price for Nuno/Dimebag pickups too....

Enjoy wink.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 21 2011, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha...yea mate no worries, I have pumped alot of money into them. I bought both my Washburn Nuno Bettencourt Sig Models from them....cert of aunthenticity, came in perfect condition. They are good, and I believe they have the cheapest price for Nuno/Dimebag pickups too....

Enjoy wink.gif

I can vouch for that shop as well! They were really helpful to me in obtaining parts for a Nuno Sig that I built for someone!
biggrin.gif
Adrian Figallo
do you build guitars dude? that's awesome!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.