Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Favorite Strat Color
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Adrian Figallo
Hey dudes, we all love strats right?, what's your favorite color?, this is mine, the lovely Vintage Fiesta Red

what's yours?
Gary
I have two.. my first is an all orig black 70's American Strat. Second is a 2008 Malmsteen in the signature cream color. This color is actually more yellow than I would like it to be. A friend of mine years ago had a 70's cream colored strat and it was much whiter than my guitar, that color would get my vote.

Cheers!
Gary
maharzan
I always wanted a sunburst.. but white is good too, vintage wear out look for sure.
Gilmore
Hard question, they all look so nice.

But I have a thing for white Strat with rosewood fingerboard, and I own one. Sunburst is always a classic, and the newer bursts and metallic colours are stunning.

The only finish I dislike is black, I just donĀ“t like black guitars.

Ben Higgins
White Strat with maple neck ! cool.gif
Chris Evans
mine would be the Fender Limited Edition American Deluxe Bad Boy Blue Strat! biggrin.gif
Adrian Figallo
i knew it! everyone has it's favorite, i LOVE the vintage white too, but i have one so.. the next one is a fiesta red!!
pics anyone? i wanna droll this morning.
Fran
Sunburst, maple neck cool.gif
Sensible Jones
My favourite one that I own!
Click to view attachment
This was a 3 tone sunburst of 1972 vintage!

I also like the SRV/ Rory Gallagher ones, but if I was to have a new one I think I'd be tempted by either the Bonnie Raitt signature Blue or a Sea Foam Green one!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 20 2011, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favourite one that I own!
Click to view attachment
This was a 3 tone sunburst of 1972 vintage!

I also like the SRV/ Rory Gallagher ones, but if I was to have a new one I think I'd be tempted by either the Bonnie Raitt signature Blue or a Sea Foam Green one!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LOVELY guitar, lovely man.
Gitarrero
Fiesat Red is awesome, my dad once had one in his The Shadows revival band...too bad my mom and I had to sell it when he died, but money was a big issue at that time and that baby was worth the most by far...
Anyway, I still got a silver one from my dad, I like the color very much as well.
And of course this one:

Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 20 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOVELY guitar, lovely man.

Thanks mate!! Best thing about it......
It has an original 70's DiMarzio in the neck (not sure what model) and an original 70's DiMarzio SDS-1 in the bridge!!
Mudbone
My favorite color is the one I have on my Highway One Strat: three tone sunburst in satin nitrocellulose finish. The satin finish gives it a lot of character biggrin.gif I changed the white pickguard for a black one, I think it really emphasizes the burst the finish. Whats funny is the cheapest US made Strat was made exactly how I would've ordered it from a custom shop, with the three tone sunburst, maple fretboard, jumbo frets, satin nitro finish, and 60's/70's headstock. Just saved myself at least a grand biggrin.gif I am changing out the pickups for a set of D.Allen HotVintage 54's and a Duncan JB in the bridge. The stock ones are ok, but they don't sparkle, and can't really handle metal wink.gif

Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Sep 20 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite color is the one I have on my Highway One Strat: three tone sunburst in satin nitrocellulose finish. The satin finish gives it a lot of character biggrin.gif I changed the white pickguard for a black one, I think it really emphasizes the burst the finish. Whats funny is the cheapest US made Strat was made exactly how I would've ordered it from a custom shop, with the three tone sunburst, maple fretboard, jumbo frets, satin nitro finish, and 60's/70's headstock. Just saved myself at least a grand biggrin.gif I am changing out the pickups for a set of D.Allen HotVintage 54's and a Duncan JB in the bridge. The stock ones are ok, but they don't sparkle, and can't really handle metal wink.gif

What a nice guitar man, i love the satin finish too, have it on all my guitars, make some recordings to hear those new pups!
audiopaal
I think I'll have to go with the Fiesta Red as well, lovely color for a Strat smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
i wanna get one, i wanna get a softer strat, super low pickups and make it chime biggrin.gif
Daniel Realpe
the one Clapton uses tongue.gif black, so classic!
Ivan Milenkovic
Man, that's a very tough question, how can you choose?? biggrin.gif

I love vintage Fiesta Red, Black looks classy, Surf Green and Dafne Blue are so 60ties,

and of course, my all time favorite, vintage one tone sunburst cool.gif biggrin.gif

Adrian Figallo
DAMN ivan, that one caught my eyes, what a lovely burst, and look at that neck ah <3
Gary
My babes...changed the pick guard from the orig black to white oyster shell.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers!
Gary
Adrian Figallo
Gary, nice axes man, both are lovely, but that black one, NICE.
MonkeyDAthos
i.....well..::c i don't love strats ph34r.gif
Adrian Figallo
hahah really? you should!! tongue.gif
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 21 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahah really? you should!! tongue.gif

i tried 2 fenders strat's standard and one deluxe, and well it isn't my stuff, same goes for les pauls, but i do enjoy fender basses
Adrian Figallo
i'm preferring the les paul lately aswel, but those are just phases on me, and let me tell you, i'm sure one day you are going to fall in love with a strat, it's just a mater of time.
TesttubeMammoth
Some lovely strats here, especially Ivans!

Here's my 70's reissue, swapped out the Yngwie style scratch plate for something a bit more jazzy smile.gif

She gleams!

Click to view attachment
Sinisa Cekic
Sunburst vintage for sure smile.gif

Adrian Figallo
those classic bursts are incredible.
TesttubeMammoth
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 21 2011, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunburst vintage for sure smile.gif

Wow, I love those worn maple necks.
I imagine mine is going to look something like that when I have gotten to the end of the economy picking mechanics lesson!
Cosmin Lupu
I am not too experienced with strats I must admit smile.gif and I like telecasters MUCH more biggrin.gif but, a nice color would be the sunburst vintage for certain!
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (TesttubeMammoth @ Sep 22 2011, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I love those worn maple necks.
I imagine mine is going to look something like that when I have gotten to the end of the economy picking mechanics lesson!

biggrin.gif, that requires a lot of years! (or sandpaper blink.gif )

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 22 2011, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not too experienced with strats I must admit smile.gif and I like telecasters MUCH more biggrin.gif but, a nice color would be the sunburst vintage for certain!

Telecasters are amazing too, but no singled coil guitar can beat the mighty strat biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 22 2011, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif, that requires a lot of years! (or sandpaper blink.gif )

Telecasters are amazing too, but no singled coil guitar can beat the mighty strat biggrin.gif

No way dude! biggrin.gif Teles are the thing for me tongue.gif Period!
Gabriel Leopardi
I would like to have 2... the hendrix colour and the SRV colour! biggrin.gif
JamesT
I kind of like the white one that Jimi played...
Click to view attachment

I also like the translucent white on swamp ash. Here's the Warmoth that I painted myself. I call it the "CloudCaster" cause it's kind of a burst finish that lets the curly maple top show through ... and cause when I play it, it doesn't quite get as high as the "stratos", it only gets as high as the clouds. biggrin.gif But it's a nice guitar. It's got a chambered swamp ash body, the maple top, and an awesome birds-eye maple neck. When I built it, I was inspired by the video of Jimi at Woodstock, and then I saw this swamp ash body for sale at Warmoth and I had to go for it. Plays great too, I had it set up by a guitar guru here in town..
Click to view attachment
Adrian Figallo
VERY nice top on that strat man, very nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.