Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finger Strength
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
MonkeyDAthos
Since we were talking about fingers tongue.gif i have another question, for example, i totally die doing this kind of riff's

E-
B-
G-
D- 3 5 3
A- 3 5 3
E-

do u guys know any good away to desenvolve strength on your middle and ring finger, so playing does kind of riff's won't be a problem.

PS: i don't know if practice the riff is actually a good way to practice, since when i practice my ring fingers really starts to hurt and i fear that i might damage it
dark dude
I just wanted to say that you're pushing yourself way too much, and without enough rest if your ring finger is hurting badly, man. Build it up in short bursts, a little a day, after resting enough to get rid of the pain. Otherwise, it's just going to get worse sad.gif
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 21 2011, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to say that you're pushing yourself way too much, and without enough rest if your ring finger is hurting badly, man. Build it up in short bursts, a little a day, after resting enough to get rid of the pain. Otherwise, it's just going to get worse sad.gif

ahah don't worry, i won't kill myself biggrin.gif, i just wanna know if you guys knew any cool exerc' guitar or not related to desenvolve you finger str.
and i will push myself too much :c that's just how i am, sadly can't change that part
dark dude
Don't push too much, or you will just slow down your progress. Instead of practicing, you'll be waiting for your hands to heal! I would know. (had the same problem)

About the riff - I'd play that with my index and ring. It can be tricky to do those mini barres - I'd make it into a hammer-on/pull-off exercise.

I'd try some trills with the middle/ring if you want to strengthen them, they're tricky, though!
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 21 2011, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't push too much, or you will just slow down your progress. Instead of practicing, you'll be waiting for your hands to heal! I would know. (had the same problem)

Roger, i will follow your advice!
Gabriel Leopardi
When I find a riff or a lick that is giving me problems I create variations as exercises and practice it for some hours/days depending on the difficulty. Try to create a different variations of this one to make the practice more funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.