Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Songwriting Chat Sessions With Ivan Milenkovic
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ivan Milenkovic
Master Songwriting Sessions with Ivan Milenkovic

- 3-chat-session long process of creating a full song with vocals
- composing arrangement, special vocal star guest, mixing and mastering process
- community-driven chat where members can be directly involved in the songwriting process with suggestions for lyrics, riffs and other advices

Hello good people of GMC! smile.gif This is an introduction topic to a 3 video chat series sessions that will be held on GMC on next couple of Sundays. The first chat will be broadcasted on 25th of September. Bellow you can find the time zone-adaptable counters that announce every session. As one session is over, counter for the next one will be added.

COUNTDOWN TO 1st CHAT (finished, check the video and summary here)
COUNTDOWN TO 2nd CHAT
COUNTDOWN TO 3rd CHAT

The main topic of these 3 chats will be creating a full song: drum, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals included. The main idea is that these 3 chats will hopefully give you fresh perspective on how the songwriting process is being performed. This perspective will not only be obtained by merely watching the chat sessions - I invite you to directly participate in creating of this song. Who knows, perhaps we can have a hit going on here smile.gif

Good people of GMC - let's try to create a cool song together. I kindly invite you to post all the suggestions, riffs, lyrics and other material that you have on this topic, and we can together create a cool song during the chats. We have enough time to think up of something super cool. If you have some lyrics on English that could work, don't hesitate to post them here on the topic. Perhaps with some tweaking we can pull out a great lyrics and a great vocal line! smile.gif

SONGWRITING SESSIONS SUMMARY:

1. In the first chat we will cover the instrumental arrangement, creating basic drum groove, basic bass and guitars.
2. Second chat session will cover creating vocal lines. For this "vocal" chat session I will invite a special female vocalist guest star and a colleague to assist me with the singing parts.
3. The last session in the series will cover mixing and mastering of the recorded material.

Let's see what you guys think of this idea? Do you think we can do it? biggrin.gif
dark dude
Fantastic idea, Ivan.
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks mate, I hope we will make something cool here smile.gif

I invite you, and other experienced GMCers to assist me in creating this song. Any suggestion is welcome, like:

- what type/style we will compose
- what lyrics we will use
- what riff ideas we have
- what arrangement will the song have

I will handle all these things as well, but it would be super cool if we create something together. More heads think better then one smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
This is a great conceppt! I can't miss these ones! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks a lot my friend, it would be an honor to have you on these sessions, you are a master songwriter smile.gif
dark dude
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 21 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks mate, I hope we will make something cool here smile.gif

I invite you, and other experienced GMCers to assist me in creating this song. Any suggestion is welcome, like:

- what type/style we will compose
- what lyrics we will use
- what riff ideas we have
- what arrangement will the song have

I will handle all these things as well, but it would be super cool if we create something together. More heads think better then one smile.gif

My vote goes towards something rocky, so that we can abuse the simplicity of the minor pentatonic. The easier the boxes, the easier it should be for people to write riffs and licks.

Just a feel good, Summer-style pop rock hit smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 21 2011, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My vote goes towards something rocky, so that we can abuse the simplicity of the minor pentatonic. The easier the boxes, the easier it should be for people to write riffs and licks.

Just a feel good, Summer-style pop rock hit smile.gif

Sounds very interesting, looks like we have one good direction now! smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
this is great! I hope I can join in!
Ivan Milenkovic
Sure thing Daniel, it would be great to have your expertize on the chat as well! smile.gif
Gitarrero
I hope I can make it to all of the three chat sessions, this idea is just fantastic!
I support Adam's idea to create a nice pop-rock or pop-punk tune...maybe this could become a GMC hymn? laugh.gif

Looking forward to it!

Christian
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 21 2011, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope I can make it to all of the three chat sessions, this idea is just fantastic!
I support Adam's idea to create a nice pop-rock or pop-punk tune...maybe this could become a GMC hymn? laugh.gif

Looking forward to it!

Christian

Yeah, definitely a cool direction to go: nice pop-rock or pop-punk, we'll try something like that. Also, try to do something with a modern feel to it.

I better check out some of recent lessons for song ideas ph34r.gif biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Quick update, I got a guest star vocalist for our song onboard, she will be guest on the 2nd session that will be held on the 2nd of October probably. Her name is Aleksandra, and this is how she sings:

This is the recent collaboration with Andrew Zink, more info you can find on got-djent.com

Hope you will enjoy the sessions! smile.gif
dark dude
Hah, that's awesome! Perhaps we should tailor the style of the song to her voice? I won't be able to make Sunday as I'm meeting up old friends, so I can't really pass up on that, sorry sad.gif

I'd like to write some material for this though, just need a rough direction - pop punk/rock then?
Dinaga
Great idea Ivan, I'm really looking forward to this one smile.gif

And Aleksandra has a beautiful voice indeed. "Ti ćeš kćeri pjevati" biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 23 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hah, that's awesome! Perhaps we should tailor the style of the song to her voice? I won't be able to make Sunday as I'm meeting up old friends, so I can't really pass up on that, sorry sad.gif

I'd like to write some material for this though, just need a rough direction - pop punk/rock then?

Oh man, sorry to hear that sad.gif Don't worry, we will have detailed summary of the chat, and there will be 3 sessions, so you can always catch up! smile.gif

Regarding suggestions, if you have some riffs or lyrics, it would be great! At least a start so we have a "spark" for creativity biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dinaga @ Sep 23 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great idea Ivan, I'm really looking forward to this one smile.gif

And Aleksandra has a beautiful voice indeed. "Ti ćeš kćeri pjevati" biggrin.gif

smile.gif I believe it will turn out great. I will inform everybody in time before that session, and we will hopefully do a small introduction as well. Things are cooking up, so stay tuned for these chats biggrin.gif

Dinaga friend, if you have some suggestions with theme, riffs or lyrics, please share it with us, so we can try to create this song together smile.gif
Ulrik
Great I'm there (all 3 times I hope)
Dinaga
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 23 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dinaga friend, if you have some suggestions with theme, riffs or lyrics, please share it with us, so we can try to create this song together smile.gif

I'm away for the weekend so I won't be home until sunday, if I manage to make something up then, I'll be more than happy to contribute smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome to hear that man! smile.gif Do you have some suggestions about the riffs or lyrics perhaps? I'll post some in the next couple of days, perhaps we can work around it! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Guys, the songwriting chat sessions start tomorrow! smile.gif

On tomorrows session we will be composing guitar, drums, bass, possibly some simple keyboard lines as well if we get inspiration for those too smile.gif

I invite you all to participate with your opinions and suggestions, so we can create a cool song! smile.gif

Again, here's countdown to the chat that is time zone adaptable to the whole world.

See you tomorrow! smile.gif

dark dude
Injured my fretting hand at a gig last night, riffs will have to wait for a bit sad.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Man, sorry to hear that sad.gif I wish you a fast recovery. We'll try to come up with something, I'll put it here after the chat, hope you like it. I'm open for suggestions, there is more time for adjusting the song after this first chat. smile.gif
dark dude
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 24 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, sorry to hear that sad.gif I wish you a fast recovery. We'll try to come up with something, I'll put it here after the chat, hope you like it. I'm open for suggestions, there is more time for adjusting the song after this first chat. smile.gif

Awesome, looking forward to it.
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 25 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome, looking forward to it.

I'll post it here today after the chat is finished! smile.gif

OK guys, 6 more hours left to the chat! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Guys, I'm in the chat, we start video broadcast in half'n'hour smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks for today's session everybody, it was awesome! smile.gif

I'm glad we got a full instrumental arrangement going on, I possibly talked a bit too much, but hopefully shared some cool advices.

Detailed summary and song will be posted tomorrow! smile.gif
Dinaga
Damn, got back home too late and missed it. sad.gif Thanks for the summary, will be helpful, for sure...
Ivan Milenkovic
First chat session finished successfully guys, check the video and summary HERE! smile.gif
GregH
I can't get the link to work.
Bogdan Radovic
Here is the link guys : http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=40900
AK Rich
That first lesson was very cool Ivan. Thanks smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
You're welcome mate! smile.gif If you have time, you can check out the summary, I made some questions there that would be great for you to answer, I'm looking forward to your opinion on this. smile.gif Guys already answered with some interesting suggestions, so we are trying to gather round as much material possible to get started with the lyrics smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.