Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Physically Demanding Techniques !
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ben Higgins
We know that some techniques are more difficult than others, but which techniques do you think take up the most energy ? What are the most physically demanding techniques that you use ?

I vote for fast down strokes and pick tapping (tapping with the edge of your pick like Satriani)

Down strokes:

Pick tapping (around 1:07)

MonkeyDAthos
i am going with Fast Down Strokes, it's probably the technique that generate more tension on my arms.

i am yet to manage play master at full speed without dying, last time i tried i was only able to play it at 195 bpm
dark dude
Downstrokes for sure, I don't use pick-tapping.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 23 2011, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am going with Fast Down Strokes, it's probably the technique that generate more tension on my arms.

i am yet to manage play master at full speed without dying, last time i tried i was only able to play it at 195 bpm

195bpm is still good ! Try doing it in bursts at a higher speed (210 maybe) and come back down and see if you can do it a little longer at 200.
Cosmin Lupu
Downstrokes for me as well tongue.gif and I might add prolongued usage of AP at a steady tempo with unusual shapes.

For instance, I had a lot of fuss with the AP arpeggios which I played towards the ending part in Vivaldi's winter. I think it's a good AP exercise so... here it is for you to have fun with biggrin.gif

JD_
i think tremelo picking a la Bullet for my Valentine style is up there, he smashes the low C string on that guitar.....

but this is just mindblowing!!!

Ben Higgins
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 23 2011, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but this is just mindblowing!!!

Hi, I'm Marco Sfogli and I Betcha Can't Play This !'

You're right, Marco... I can't ! laugh.gif
JD_
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2011, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm Marco Sfogli and I Betcha Can't Play This !'

You're right, Marco... I can't ! laugh.gif

haha...amazing isn't it... Cosmin got me into him...and i ain't looked back since....until i watch him play the guitar of course..... sad.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Viva Marco!!
JD_
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Viva Marco!!

The tone he produces is amazing....beautifully distorted, but not too much, and sooo clean....you can hear everything.....

wow
Daniel Realpe
Also tapping AND string skipping, M. Romeo style can be very demanding!
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 23 2011, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also tapping AND string skipping, M. Romeo style can be very demanding!

Yes, that's a lot to ask of the body and mind ! biggrin.gif
ZX6
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2011, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For instance, I had a lot of fuss with the AP arpeggios which I played towards the ending part in Vivaldi's winter. I think it's a good AP exercise so... here it is for you to have fun with biggrin.gif

Love this exercise Cosmin, thanks.
I'm playing it slowly but i love it.
maharzan
I couldn't play paranoid like 14 years back.. too much downstrokes.. It was one hell of energy grabber... At the end the right arm was numb. biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ZX6 @ Sep 25 2011, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love this exercise Cosmin, thanks.
I'm playing it slowly but i love it.

biggrin.gif it's a neat one tongue.gif I love it as well! Try and get it around 130 Bpm
ZX6
130 !!?? huh.gif
Man ,...maybe in a few years laugh.gif
I'll tell you when i get there.
Ivan Milenkovic
Not sure, but I believe it's palm muted downstrokes, a lot of them, and lots of bare chords, and consecutive songs can also bring fatigue easily.
TylerT
For me it was Bleed-Meshuggah

Its really painful haha tongue.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Maybe downstrokes, but slapping finger-style for sure smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (TylerT @ Sep 25 2011, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it was Bleed-Meshuggah

Its really painful haha tongue.gif

A song that even challenged the mighty Tyler ? Gotta check that bad boy out ! cool.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 26 2011, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A song that even challenged the mighty Tyler ? Gotta check that bad boy out ! cool.gif

Oh yes you do! Fredrik's chops are insane!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.