Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Needed W/ Recording A Backing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
JD_
Hi all, I was after some help cause I am stuck.... mellow.gif

I have a backing track.....it's on an DVD......I need to get it into reaper somehow....

So, does anybody know how I can record this backing track from DVD to a sound file at least? If i can get that far i can do the rest and convert it....

Thanks

Help is much appreciated....Cheers unsure.gif
Ben Higgins
Hmm, wish I could help. I don't know Reaper at all. mellow.gif

If it were Cubase I would pop the disc in, then from my main drop down menu in Cubase I'd select 'Import audio CD' or something like that, then you get the opportunity to select which track to import, then it lays it into the timeline.

Saoirse O'Shea
May depend on the audio format that is stored on the DVD - i.e. whether its a wav/mp3 etc audio file or whether its the audio for a video/dvd recording.

I don't have Reaper to hand but from memory it can recognise and import most standard standard audio formats. The one that sometimes is a bit of a pain is mp3 as many daws are not licensed to use the Fraunhofer encoder and so do not always have an mp3 encoder/decoder as standard. If it doesn't then you may need to download and run something like LAME with Reaper. If it's an audio that has ben encoded as video/dvd you might need to convert the track to a format that Reaper can recognise and workwith. If it's a commercial pre-recorded dvd be aware of possible copyright IP issues since if you format change and/or store the audio by ripping or any other means you may breach the owner's DMCAI, DMCAII and any enbedded DRM.
JD_
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 27 2011, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, wish I could help. I don't know Reaper at all. mellow.gif

If it were Cubase I would pop the disc in, then from my main drop down menu in Cubase I'd select 'Import audio CD' or something like that, then you get the opportunity to select which track to import, then it lays it into the timeline.

Yea Cubase seems like it is eaiser to use than Reaper....Cheers mate :-)

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 27 2011, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May depend on the audio format that is stored on the DVD - i.e. whether its a wav/mp3 etc audio file or whether its the audio for a video/dvd recording.

I don't have Reaper to hand but from memory it can recognise and import most standard standard audio formats. The one that sometimes is a bit of a pain is mp3 as many daws are not licensed to use the Fraunhofer encoder and so do not always have an mp3 encoder/decoder as standard. If it doesn't then you may need to download and run something like LAME with Reaper. If it's an audio that has ben encoded as video/dvd you might need to convert the track to a format that Reaper can recognise and workwith. If it's a commercial pre-recorded dvd be aware of possible copyright IP issues since if you format change and/or store the audio by ripping or any other means you may breach the owner's DMCAI, DMCAII and any enbedded DRM.

Thanks Tony.... I guess the eaisest way would be to enable reaper to record the backing from the dvd....somehow set the options for reaper to pickup the dvd's audio directly...I have tried and am still trying but no good. Thanks for the reply though
JD_
OK I did it....(eventaully)... rolleyes.gif

VLC - Audacity - Reaper..... biggrin.gif

thanks for the reply guys....
Adrian Figallo
nice! does it lose quality that way?
JD_
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 28 2011, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice! does it lose quality that way?

Hey mate....I'm sure it loses some minor qualities but....i kept in .wav so it had the best quality possible, honestly, I don't notice a difference at all....
Adrian Figallo

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 27 2011, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
honestly, I don't notice a difference at all....

That's the important thing smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.