nice job man smile.gif
MonkeyDAthos
i enjoyed biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
Brilliant playing, Chandra ! Dig that pre-bend at 0:25 cool.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Very nice biggrin.gif Congratz!!
maharzan
Thank you all once again. I broke 1st string 3 times to learn this lesson. ha! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Great tone and nice playing man! I really like it! smile.gif
maharzan
smile.gif Thanks Gabriel!
jstcrsn
QUOTE (maharzan @ Sep 30 2011, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first off , Excellent
2nd i am going to hold your( feet to the fire) so to speak, I remember that you , in a earlier post refer to yourself as a
trained monkey ( trained to play it, not able to write your own) I believe this is what you meant-----------so
if I am right, I am encouraging you to now write your own solo to this backing
and if I interpreted your meaning incorrectly , Don't I look foolish wink.gif
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 30 2011, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first off , Excellent
2nd i am going to hold your( feet to the fire) so to speak, I remember that you , in a earlier post refer to yourself as a
trained monkey ( trained to play it, not able to write your own) I believe this is what you meant-----------so
if I am right, I am encouraging you to now write your own solo to this backing
and if I interpreted your meaning incorrectly , Don't I look foolish wink.gif

i agree with teh man !! We wanna see your Solo CD tongue.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Cool cover ,congratz ! smile.gif
maharzan
Thanks Sinisa.

@jstcsrn & MonkeyDAthos, thank you so much for your words. I would really love to compose my own. Thats my ultimate goal. To be able to compose and produce instrumental songs probably earn a little part of living doing so (royalties?). What I suck at is playing faster licks. Whenever I try, I always have this 8th note pattern and it gets boring to me, can't imagine how the audience would feel. biggrin.gif Heres one I tried ages ago. smile.gif

jstcrsn
QUOTE (maharzan @ Oct 1 2011, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Sinisa.

@jstcsrn & MonkeyDAthos, thank you so much for your words. I would really love to compose my own. Thats my ultimate goal. To be able to compose and produce instrumental songs probably earn a little part of living doing so (royalties?). What I suck at is playing faster licks. Whenever I try, I always have this 8th note pattern and it gets boring to me, can't imagine how the audience would feel. biggrin.gif Heres one I tried ages ago. smile.gif

no, you ain't getin out of this that easy
That's what this site is all about(helpin each other)
1 st start with what you have learned
then start tweaking his notes ,into your own choices(this will probably sound a lot like guthrie at first)
then move into changing the pattern /note choices of the quicker runs( count the # of notes and come up with your notes same number) and replace
this is a process of learning
now when you get used to this now you can start trying to make it sound different then guthrie , thus becoming your own
if your are able to send the backing I will try to give you an audio sample ,as I don't have video yet

asfor the fast runs_- I have seen your muris neo-clessical take
look at this as a big math game,if you don't like math you might be in trouble laugh.gif
take the very first count and put one note in it's place then take that same count and put 2 notes,then 3 notes , then four, then six
note this is the first count ,not bar,and 6 notes in 1 count should be 16th triplets
MonkeyDAthos
one thing that really help me out in "improvisation/composing" was the though "less is more", you don't need to run with the metronome to create "masterpieces".

you can also do like Dream Theater and many many others, taking ideas from jammings, and building up to songs.

i really enjoeyd your playing on that video, it would suit for sure a dramatic scene/flashbacks/Ending!
maharzan
Thanks man. Thats a nice theory to know, very helpful indeed. I will try that at some point for sure. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.