Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (7.6 Pass) Mark Knopfler Style Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Jandewitte
Original lesson: Mark Knopfler Style Lesson by Muris Varajic

This one had some really nice licks! Would be easier to cheat and use a pick though.. biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
This is a bit harder lesson, and you did a very good job with the faster parts and fingerpicking in general. I like it. But, the problems exist here: your picking dynamics is not good, because some notes are snapped, some are lightly picked, and it's more due to the fact that you make your fingers tense. Try to relax the fingers, and create a good tone on every note. Also, not all the notes are being heard, which is very important if you want to create the best possible impression. So, more polishing up, and practicing on slower tempos.
Cosmin Lupu
I like the way where this take is going as well smile.gif so I agree with Ivan! Practice makes perfect! Work on the points he underlined and it's gonna be just awesome! biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
Ivan has some great points so I would work on those areas to tighten up your fingerstyle technique. There were soe tiing issues where you were slightly behind the beat at the beginning but you soon warmed up and the rest of the piece was really cool cool.gif

You're real good at those micro bends, which is essential for cool, bluesy and emotive guitar playing. smile.gif
skennington
7.6 (pass)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.