Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dentist
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys! I have to go to the dentist but I always postpone it because I hate it! I always say... ok, this week, and then the week is over and I don't go.. Does this happen to you? What's your experience with dentists?
superize
I havent been to the dentist in over 4 years now
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 10 2011, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I havent been to the dentist in over 4 years now

I went 1 year ago but before that I have been 6 years without going... ohmy.gif
Gitarrero
I go to the dentist every year. My dentist is a pretty cool guy, but it still sucks visiting him laugh.gif
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 10 2011, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went 1 year ago but before that I have been 6 years without going... ohmy.gif

dude, it's probably been 2 years since last time, I think I'll get an appointment, thanks for the post biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 11 2011, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I go to the dentist every year. My dentist is a pretty cool guy, but it still sucks visiting him laugh.gif

hahah no mater how cool the guy is.. it always sucks! tongue.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Well, I gotta go soon too, and it's really making me nervous when I think about it, because the more I wait the worse it will be sad.gif
Sinisa Cekic
I hate dentists lol !
Azzaboi
My mouth doesn't like the dentist ever since I was young. It tends to want to close which is a major issue when it comes to the drill! I don't have many fillings but my first one I got the dentist drill, it went into the inside of the cheek causing bleeding. The dentist said I bit down on the drill! He injected me inside the mouth for the pain and left the filling for another day. I walked around school that day feeling high as a kite and the teacher let me go home early as I almost fainted!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Dec 11 2011, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mouth doesn't like the dentist ever since I was young. It tends to want to close which is a major issue when it comes to the drill! I don't have many fillings but my first one I got the dentist drill, it went into the inside of the cheek causing bleeding. The dentist said I bit down on the drill! He injected me inside the mouth for the pain and left the filling for another day. I walked around school that day feeling high as a kite and the teacher let me go home early as I almost fainted!

Oh! that a really bad experience man! ohmy.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I am very careful with these things smile.gif I mean, since I was 17 I am visiting the dentist once every 6 months biggrin.gif gotta keep them pearly whites pearly white laugh.gif
rhoads
I had so many problems with my teeth (partially because I didn't take care of them properly, but its also genetic) that I really don't have anymore problems going. I still hate the drill but its not making me nervous anymore. I actually leaned the procedures for all kind of fillings or nerve extractions etc etc so I know what to expect each minute I am on that chair smile.gif

Kinda sad if you think about it.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 12 2011, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am very careful with these things smile.gif I mean, since I was 17 I am visiting the dentist once every 6 months biggrin.gif gotta keep them pearly whites pearly white laugh.gif

Well done mate! smile.gif

jstcrsn
I hate them, remember for them to stay in business they have to find more work. One time I went to the dentist because I had a tooth that was sensitive to temperatures , he could not find anything wrong and thought there was a hairline fracture and wanted to drill and fill . I said you want to drill a tooth that you can not even see a cavity on , he said yep,I said no , and ten years later I have that same tooth that has never had any problems, after that I find it really hard to trust someones opinion when they can profit from it!
thefireball
I hate going to the dentist. Haven't been in YEARS. My first experience was not a good one. It was not a friendly check up. I had to get a baby tooth pulled when I was like 5. I fell down the steps of our front porch and fell on my tooth! - the concrete step at the end did it. It killed my root. It was so scary. haha makes me thing of something funny though...ever heard of Bill Cosby? He describes the horror and humor of visiting the dentist. laugh.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 12 2011, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate them, remember for them to stay in business they have to find more work. One time I went to the dentist because I had a tooth that was sensitive to temperatures , he could not find anything wrong and thought there was a hairline fracture and wanted to drill and fill . I said you want to drill a tooth that you can not even see a cavity on , he said yep,I said no , and ten years later I have that same tooth that has never had any problems, after that I find it really hard to trust someones opinion when they can profit from it!

hahah this happens with many other professionals... the first that comes to mind is the mechanic.

QUOTE (thefireball @ Dec 13 2011, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate going to the dentist. Haven't been in YEARS. My first experience was not a good one. It was not a friendly check up. I had to get a baby tooth pulled when I was like 5. I fell down the steps of our front porch and fell on my tooth! - the concrete step at the end did it. It killed my root. It was so scary. haha makes me thing of something funny though...ever heard of Bill Cosby? He describes the horror and humor of visiting the dentist. laugh.gif

hahaha the way how he describes a talk with the dentist is so true!! Not the same but similar happened to me with the Tattooist.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 13 2011, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahah this happens with many other professionals... the first that comes to mind is the mechanic.

hahaha the way how he describes a talk with the dentist is so true!! Not the same but similar happened to me with the Tattooist.

Ow dude! Did it hurt? biggrin.gif I'm thinking of getting one but I never save enough money to do it, as there's always something more important appearing along the way!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 13 2011, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ow dude! Did it hurt? biggrin.gif I'm thinking of getting one but I never save enough money to do it, as there's always something more important appearing along the way!

hahah yeah, it happened the same to me but I could finally start with my right arm, near the shoulder. It really hurts but you can resist it. You should do it Cosmin!
SirJamsalot
Can't stand going to the dentist. They're always coming up with witty stupid things to say like "only brush the teeth you want to keep", ... yadaadaa. Not only that, but I'm convinced they enjoy inflicting pain.

My first experience was getting a few baby teeth pulled (molars) becfause they weren't coming out in a timely fashion for them. They gassed me - I'll tell you what ... I felt my body parts freeze, then my tongue froze, then I saw myself floating in space in a frozen casing like Han Solo when he was frozen in carbonite - then I saw my limbs break off and start floating around. After I cam down from the gas, I never wanted gas again. It was a needle or knock me out completely.

I hate dentists.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.