Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosmin's Lick Workshop
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys!

It gives me a great pleasure to invite each and everyone of you to attend my Licks Workshop!
Are you in a rut when trying to come up with a cool lick which would leave everybody's jaws down on the ground? No worries, I got the thing for you!

I will come up with a lick each week, based on various contexts, techniques and harmony/melody relations so that you can choose what you would like to learn.
I will post a video, tab and backing tracks for the licks and the difficulty levels shall vary so, everyone can join the party!

Here's where you guys walk on stage:

• - I would like you to record your takes (audio or better yet, video, so I can see your hands moving) of the lick posted by me at the beginning of the week
  • - you have 7 days to post your recording
  • - once you post your take, you will receive detailed feedback from me so that you may be able to blaze that lick on the neck!

At the end of each month, you will have 4 new licks in your arsenal which you can implement in your collab takes for instance!

Are you ready? Who is in? biggrin.gif

Let's gooo!

*Assignment 1: Chicken Picking
*Assignment 2: Funky Fusion Lick
*Assignment 3: Bending Blues Lick
*Assignment 4: Blue Note Lick
*Assignment 5: Slidey Lick
*Assignment 6: Chicken Pickin Lick No.2
Kristofer Dahl
Awesome Cosmin- and very useful first assignement!

GUYS AND GIRLS: This is a killer opportunity for anyone to get personal feedback on their playing - and follow a mini course that will take you from point A to point B. Don't miss it!
Ivan Milenkovic
Very cool idea! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Great idea Cosmin!! wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Thank you guys! I hope to stimulate your creativity as much as possible with these little weapons biggrin.gif so, DO NOT hesitate to play around with them as much as your hearts desire!! I'm here for your questions wink.gif
Gitarrero
Awesome! What a cool idea...could you please pick easier techniques next time? I am really bad at chicken picking! Oh wait...I know what you are going to answer wink.gif better get practizing!

Christian
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 5 2012, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! What a cool idea...could you please pick easier techniques next time? I am really bad at chicken picking! Oh wait...I know what you are going to answer wink.gif better get practizing!

Christian

Yes! Get practicing! And I shall vary the levels tongue.gif don't worry lighter weapons are cool too wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I got a new bluesy one comin' up tomorrow! biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
A new one is coming tomorrow, this time it'll be an easier one which will help you increase your articulation skills! It's all about the BENDING baby! biggrin.gif
derper
Just saw this thread/topic/series as of today, and I'm excited to get started!! A big thanks in advance to Cosmin, for putting this together!!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 30 2012, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just saw this thread/topic/series as of today, and I'm excited to get started!! A big thanks in advance to Cosmin, for putting this together!!

I am honored to have you on board mate! biggrin.gif
derper
And just when I get geared up (at work) to record this, I realize I left my camera at home!! Gonna try and "derp" my way through my new DAW software, but I don't hold out much faith. I still haven't really figured it out, and the latency from Amplitube is awful at this point!! Crossing fingers.... huh.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 31 2012, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And just when I get geared up (at work) to record this, I realize I left my camera at home!! Gonna try and "derp" my way through my new DAW software, but I don't hold out much faith. I still haven't really figured it out, and the latency from Amplitube is awful at this point!! Crossing fingers.... huh.gif

Mate, unfortunately, I have no idea on how to use Amplitube sad.gif but, maybe Ivan or Todd know their way with this thing - I suggest you could send them a private message and see if they can help out wink.gif
Blister
Wow! I can't believe I missed this! ohmy.gif This is a great idea. I have got some catching up to do! smile.gif

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.