Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (pass, 8) Muse Style Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
zoom
Original lesson: Muse Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Hi Guys my take on Gab's Muse style lesson Fingers crossed as always!

Gabriel Leopardi
Hey mate! It's a good take but you need to do some adjustments. First of all the open string pedal note should sound louder and clearer, this can be achieved pulling off stronger with the index finger of your left hand. Talking about strength, you should play stronger everything with your pick to get a better rock sound. Try to practice this one playing more aggressively, even exaggerated just for practice. Then, when you play the D chord, you should keep it sounding a bit more to make the change between it and the octaves melody smoother. The timing isn't bad but you could sound tighter. That's all! Keep on rocking! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
This is OK, but it's a bit to fast for you at the moment. I think you need to work a bit more on slower tempos. Your guitar is also a bit out of tune. Try to make your hand floating (while palm is near the bridge). This way you will have more freedom with the picking hand (instead of anchoring it/slowing it down with the fingers on the pickguard).
Alex Feather
QUOTE (zoom @ Jan 17 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Original lesson: Muse Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Hi Guys my take on Gab's Muse style lesson
Fingers crossed as always!

I think it sounds good! But you need to watch your timing cause you are rushing a bit!
Cosmin Lupu
Hey there! As the guys said, the take is slowly building up, but in order to make it smokiiiiiin' biggrin.gif you should work on the timing while paying attention at the left hand's pull-offs, as they should be a lot stronger and the picking hand, which should become more aggressive. Keep on rocking mate!
Daniel Realpe
I would pick the strings harder! that will take care of some problems, because I think you are thinking the piece right,

The low E seems a bit out of tune, make sure you review that,

try hitting the strings with more confidence keeping your steady playing as it is, cause the timing seems very good!
skennington
8, pass!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.