Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Guitar Lesson - Paul Gilbert Licks
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
ezravdb
Hey guitarfreaks,

For you I have here Episode 1 of the Guitar Hero Signature Licks series by me.
It's 10 minutes, I choosed the most used licks of Paul Gilbert as far as I know.

I hope you learn something from it, especially the beginners who are into Paul Gilbert /m/

-HERE IT IS!-

Have Fun,

Sorry bout the quality I tried several times uploading to youtube but only this version worked correctly...

smile ya laters, Ezravdb
stratman33
dude that's sweet!And what kind of guitar is that?
ezravdb
QUOTE (stratman33 @ May 30 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude that's sweet!And what kind of guitar is that?

Thanks!
My Axe is The Ibanez RGT 6 EX a limited edition guitar RG series by Ibanez.

I'm glad you liked it! I'll do more!

keep rockin'
Ezravdb
whammybar92
QUOTE (ezravdb @ May 30 2007, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!
My Axe is The Ibanez RGT 6 EX a limited edition guitar RG series by Ibanez.

I'm glad you liked it! I'll do more!

keep rockin'
Ezravdb

Nice, I just bought an Ibanez RGT 320Q, but ill have to wait 2 months because I bought it from the states sad.gif
Ryan
hey thats cool, i just got my ibanez out its a Rgr 521 Ex2 limited edition also biggrin.gif
Pavel
Hahaha man i can't believe it - almost every GMC-er now owns an IBANEZ! hahahaha
Ryan
yea lol, but mines not cus of your jem, EVEN THOUGH its very nice, 1 day i will have a parker like Kris, cus those are very nice guitars 2...and also, im gonna get a REAL STRAT lol, i got a fake 1..adn then im gonna hook it up, lol the ibanez just came first in my taste of playing, lol but it is funny cus most ppl do have an ibanez lol..but i cant wait for that parker tongue.gif
Rvddps
Ibanez RG1570MRB smile.gif
ezravdb
lol , Ibanez rules biggrin.gif
Ryan
yea it does tongue.gif
Gen
ibanez is cool, but i prefer esp!lol
i like active pick ups^^
ezravdb
QUOTE (Gen @ Jun 2 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ibanez is cool, but i prefer esp!lol
i like active pick ups^^

My ibanez has active pickups!!
Gen
cool^^ what kind of pick ups?

oups, sry, i just saw them on your video, emgs^^ thats a cool guitar you have dude:)
ezravdb
QUOTE (Gen @ Jun 2 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool^^ what kind of pick ups?

oups, sry, i just saw them on your video, emgs^^ thats a cool guitar you have dude:)

EMG 85 and EMG 81 tongue.gif
Ryan
is non-active pickups bad??, or is just personal preference..because they both have different sounds?

and also, my pickups are emg's also, does that mean there active???...they look almost exactly like yours Ezravdb
ezravdb
if theres a hole for a battery (at the back of the guitar) then its probably active.

theres something saying 9 volt.
and if you remove the screws you can see an 9 volt battery in it.
Ryan
Well there is a back piece, but its not right behind the pickups, its onthe lower part of the guitar, on that back..which has screws.....maybe i shall remove it sometime..to see if i have active..biggrin.gif...and what makes them so speciaL..to have active-pickups??
ezravdb
Well you'll notice it when the battery is empty biggrin.gif

cause the guitar stops giving sound then.
that why it is important to remove the guitar cable, or the battery gets drowned.
i think. cause I left my cable in my guirtar always but the battery was empty pretty fast. (lol a empty battery, is that right? XD)

ow and active pickups have a hugh output thats why its cool
Ryan
ok sorry retarded here tongue.gif, high output???
ezravdb
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 2 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok sorry retarded here tongue.gif, high output???

uhh yes that was what i mean
Ryan
lol k...
lespaulrocker
sorry, but does no one have/like gibson guitars besides Gabriel and myself?!?!?!?!? (coincidence) i have a les paul studio like gabriel and i LOVE it. great sound on the treble and rhythm pickups.
Ryan
eventually i will get a lp, and also a parker, schecter..biggrin.gif, it just takes money dude..which i dont have i just bought a 500 dollar guitar....i not only play guitar..i collect 2 biggrin.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jun 4 2007, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry, but does no one have/like gibson guitars besides Gabriel and myself?!?!?!?!? (coincidence) i have a les paul studio like gabriel and i LOVE it. great sound on the treble and rhythm pickups.

I have a Les Paul copy, a good one, and I love it. Im getting a shred machine very soon because it suits alot of the lessons i do here at GMC. But id never be without a paul cause i love em! smile.gif
Adel Alsayed
very funny everyone is talking about guitars and not about ezravdb's paul gilbert lesson tongue.gif
ezravdb
QUOTE (Adel Alsayed @ Jun 6 2007, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very funny everyone is talking about guitars and not about ezravdb's paul gilbert lesson tongue.gif

good question tongue.gif
Iluha
Ibanez RG (input random number here) prestige, got it for about 4 years now hehe... and it's in really bad shape now, I actually put a rubber band on the springs so that it would be more like a none floyd rose guitar, I failed getting along with it :[

And that lesson was cool, you worked out some great technique ezra smile.gif
signularis
darn i dint know that the battery would be go empty fast if the cable is still inside i got an inanez as well but my cable is stuck insid emy guitar
ezravdb
QUOTE (signularis @ Jun 10 2007, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
darn i dint know that the battery would be go empty fast if the cable is still inside i got an inanez as well but my cable is stuck insid emy guitar

Well I THINK thats the reason, because on pedals you usually see a picture with remove cables for longer battery life or something smile.gif
Yonrak
Nice lesson ohmy.gif

How long have you been playing? You look very young >_< I wish I had started guitar before I was almost 17 =/
ezravdb
QUOTE (Yonrak @ Jun 14 2007, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice lesson ohmy.gif

How long have you been playing? You look very young >_< I wish I had started guitar before I was almost 17 =/

Almost 1 year and a half.and
I'm 15.
Yonrak
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jun 14 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost 1 year and a half.and
I'm 15.

WHAT!!??
Dammit lol. You're worlds ahead of me tongue.gif and we've been playing the same amount of time.
Well thats a kick in the nuts >_<
The JEM
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jun 4 2007, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a gibson sg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.