Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gab's Army
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Gabriel Leopardi
Hello guys! In this funny thread about instructor's armies, ninjas, spies, secret conspiracies, and many other things that are happening in these GMC dark days ph34r.gif, I had the idea to start my own Army to join forces and create the most unique guitar players of the world.

The idea is to assign lessons every week directly related to your tastes, ability and weaknesses. Work on it, give you exercises and feedback to improve and master it. We will use the REC program to also get other instructor's feedback and also will join some collabs to work on theory and improvisation.

Is there any interested in being mentored by me to be part of this Army. I accept everybody that is interested, even spies that already belong to other armies. tongue.gif
superize
Wow man this sounds very interesting

Ben Guitar Bushido has been really good for me and i would very much like to join your army to.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (superize @ Feb 19 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow man this sounds very interesting

Ben Guitar Bushido has been really good for me and i would very much like to join your army to.

Cool mate! You are more than welcome! smile.gif
Gitarrero
Since I'm a double-agent already I might as well become a triple-agent laugh.gif

So, I'd love to join and I think you already know that my favourite music is punk in all it's forms and I love writing my own punk stuff and recording SI lessons in the style of german bands....so maybe this gives us a good place to start smile.gif

Christian
Ulrik
I'll join as infantry recruit, I think that double-agent stuff might be too much for me
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 19 2012, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since I'm a double-agent already I might as well become a triple-agent laugh.gif

So, I'd love to join and I think you already know that my favourite music is punk in all it's forms and I love writing my own punk stuff and recording SI lessons in the style of german bands....so maybe this gives us a good place to start smile.gif

Christian

Cool mate!! Yeah, we have similar music taste so the journey will be amazing. I can also help you with the SI lessons. wink.gif

I'll start a new thread for any other the members of this Army as soon as I know how many interested we have...

Also.. you can write here some ideas that you have regarding this.. the goal would be to make something big together... so, please post here all the ideas and expectation no matter how dreamy they are... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 19 2012, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll join as infantry recruit, I think that double-agent stuff might be too much for me

hahah ok! so I assume that you are in... ?
Gitarrero
An idea would be to make a Gab's Army song together, where everyone of your soldiers is involved in the songwriting and so on.
Dreamy stuff? We could form 1 or 2 Gab's Army bands that will record an entire album, fly to Argentina and be the supporting bands for a show headlined by Cirse biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 19 2012, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An idea would be to make a Gab's Army song together, where everyone of your soldiers is involved in the songwriting and so on.
Dreamy stuff? We could form 1 or 2 Gab's Army bands that will record an entire album, fly to Argentina and be the supporting bands for a show headlined by Cirse biggrin.gif

haha I love it! smile.gif

Composing something together was one of my ideas.. I'd love to do it... so collabs or virtual bands should be a part of this army. Keep on the dreamy ideas coming! Nothing is impossible. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
biggrin.gif well I hope it's not a war that's brewing here laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 19 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif well I hope it's not a war that's brewing here laugh.gif

ph34r.gif laugh.gif
Ulrik
Reporting for duty here.
No actually I'm going to bed, but I'm in.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 19 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reporting for duty here.

Great my friend! Rest because we have lots of things to do... smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 19 2012, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reporting for duty here.

You're what's knwon as a Sleeper Cell ! ph34r.gif
Ulrik
I thought that was called a cinnamon bun, but I guess I learn new stuff each day

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 20 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that was called a cinnamon bun, but I guess I learn new stuff each day

hahah good morning mate! wink.gif
Ulrik
So what are we doing from here, are you making plans Gabe?

I'll just try and do some REC work untill I'm called for
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 21 2012, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what are we doing from here, are you making plans Gabe?

I'll just try and do some REC work untill I'm called for

Hi Ulrik! The army will officially begin tomorrow... I'll start a thread for every member and there we will work together. I have been planing how this army should work. At first we work on 1 lesson every week, that should be post in the REC, and we will choose 1 or 2 collabs to join. I also want to have Army's collabs and work on a full song composition of your own in your favourite style. These are the first thoughts about how the army will work.

By the way you could start preparing a text about you, with your influences, goals, gear, software used for recording, videos of you playing and any composition (if you have).

Is there any other user interested to join?

Ivan Milenkovic
I hope it turns out OK man. Good luck with this
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 21 2012, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope it turns out OK man. Good luck with this

thanks mate! wink.gif
gregc1
Hey, count me in!!

I've been working through Ben's Bushido class, which I've really enjoyed and actually feel like I've made significant progress just in my short time with him. My plan is to try and learn what I can from all of the different instructors here and I absolutely love the "free range" feel this site has but it's very nice to be able to go to these structured areas to really focus in. My personal opinion is that this is where progress can be made the quickest, at least for me.

Anyway, thanks for offering this Gabriel, I'm looking forward to it!! Let me know what you need from me. biggrin.gif
Gitarrero
This sounds really awesome Gabriel, you've got a great plan for your army!Looking forward to work on some new songs of my own with your help, I can't wait to get started biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 21 2012, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, count me in!!

I've been working through Ben's Bushido class, which I've really enjoyed and actually feel like I've made significant progress just in my short time with him. My plan is to try and learn what I can from all of the different instructors here and I absolutely love the "free range" feel this site has but it's very nice to be able to go to these structured areas to really focus in. My personal opinion is that this is where progress can be made the quickest, at least for me.

Anyway, thanks for offering this Gabriel, I'm looking forward to it!! Let me know what you need from me. biggrin.gif

Hi Greg! Thanks for joining! You are on the point! My idea is to help you with my stronger sides... that's why I want to direct the program mostly to technique and composing. I'll create your thread tomorrow and I'll send you a PM with the link. There we will discuss the direction of our job together. wink.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 21 2012, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds really awesome Gabriel, you've got a great plan for your army!Looking forward to work on some new songs of my own with your help, I can't wait to get started biggrin.gif

Great mate! smile.gif
quadrium
Hey Gab,

Count me in also smile.gif I can work as a triple agent myself like Christian biggrin.gif

By the way, i couldn't be able to do the recordings for my past tasks since i had to deal with hospital stuff. I'm officially apologizing from my sensei Ben, and my mentor C-Maestro but i am back now! Expect my recordings smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 21 2012, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gab,

Count me in also smile.gif I can work as a triple agent myself like Christian biggrin.gif

By the way, i couldn't be able to do the recordings for my past tasks since i had to deal with hospital stuff. I'm officially apologizing from my sensei Ben, and my mentor C-Maestro but i am back now! Expect my recordings smile.gif

triple agent?? ohmy.gif laugh.gif

ok, you are welcome my friend... we will develop a program that could complement with the work that you are doing with Ben and Cosmin. wink.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2012, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, you are welcome my friend... we will develop a program that could complement with the work that you are doing with Ben and Cosmin. wink.gif

I've made a note in my black book of all the double and triple agents that are also here in my Temple. They shall be getting 'special treatment' from now on. ph34r.gif
DeGroot
Hey! Count me in as well! Its about time I joined a army. Look forward to getting started smile.gif
gregc1
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 22 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've made a note in my black book of all the double and triple agents that are also here in my Temple. They shall be getting 'special treatment' from now on. ph34r.gif

I knew I should have made a new account for this. laugh.gif
quadrium
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2012, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 22 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bring it on sensei! biggrin.gif

*scares a lot but still trying to act like a hero*
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 22 2012, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's right. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 22 2012, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! smile.gif

laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 22 2012, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done Sensei. I won't invade your territory if you stay in peace, but be sure that I'll be preparing some of the most dangerous guitar players ever... this has been our first training day. ph34r.gif

Click to view attachment

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 22 2012, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey! Count me in as well! Its about time I joined a army. Look forward to getting started smile.gif

Cool man! I'll start your thread today.

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 22 2012, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha don't worry. There are special agents protecting you.

QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 22 2012, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the spirit mate! biggrin.gif

Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2012, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done Sensei. I won't invade your territory if you stay in peace, but be sure that I'll be preparing some of the most dangerous guitar players ever... this has been our first training day. ph34r.gif

Click to view attachment

That sounds agreeable with me. A peace treaty between the clans. ph34r.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Whoaa, I've been missing on action! biggrin.gif maybe it's a good idea to follow Ben's plan and come up with a Book of Punishment! biggrin.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 22 2012, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds agreeable with me. A peace treaty between the clans. ph34r.gif

Ok, we are in peace now. tongue.gif

Check out the first post to find the member's threads links. This army already has 7 G-Players. smile.gif
coffeeman
Hola Gabi,

Count me in! I was thiniking yesterday that I need a little help to improve my playing and take it to the next level.

Awesome idea, I'm faithful soldier!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 22 2012, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hola Gabi,

Count me in! I was thiniking yesterday that I need a little help to improve my playing and take it to the next level.

Awesome idea, I'm faithful soldier!

Your thread is done! wink.gif
rokchik
Hey Gabe,

We conversed via PM but figured I should say here that I am now a loyal minion of Gabe's Army!! This is very exciting... and a tad scary as my playing isn't all it should be and I really need to figure out this video making stuff quickly as past attempts have not been very good LOL!!

But worst come to worst I can make cookies cool.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

rok
Rik Veldhuizen
Hi Gabriel,

If possible, I'd like to join your army as well smile.gif. Love your style of playing and I really need to get my practicing going again...
BUT I'm also very busy with work (and my kids if my wife is working as well smile.gif throughout the week and the weekends, so I hope there's a bit of slack if I can't make some assignments in time or at all sad.gif...

eMGie
Hi,

I'd love to join your army smile.gif I enjoy your style of playing and I think we share some favourite guitarists etc. smile.gif
I've written more about myself HERE!
I think you can help me reach higher level.

Marcin
Gabriel Leopardi

QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Feb 23 2012, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gabriel,

If possible, I'd like to join your army as well smile.gif. Love your style of playing and I really need to get my practicing going again...
BUT I'm also very busy with work (and my kids if my wife is working as well smile.gif throughout the week and the weekends, so I hope there's a bit of slack if I can't make some assignments in time or at all sad.gif...

Hi Rik! Your thread is now done here:

Rik's Thread

smile.gif

QUOTE (eMGie @ Feb 23 2012, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I'd love to join your army smile.gif I enjoy your style of playing and I think we share some favourite guitarists etc. smile.gif
I've written more about myself HERE!
I think you can help me reach higher level.

Marcin

Hi Marcin! This is your thread!

eMGie's Thread

smile.gif
DeGroot

Hey man, I still haven't received my thread? I promise I am not a spy! laugh.gif
PosterBoy
Hey Gabriel

Have you room in your army for one more.

I've asked permission from Sensei Ben to leave his Dojo. I am seeing him on a monthly basis instead to work on lead techniques as I was finding the weekly challenges to time consuming for me to get them to where I was happy.

I'd like to work on Rhythm work with you

While I like listening to bands like Story of The Year, Close Your Eyes, A Day to Remember, Rise Against etc I have no real experience playing it and working out the different rhythm guitar part that are layered, or composing similar tracks myself, though it is where I want to be.
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey DeGroot and PosterBoy!! Welcome to the Army! smile.gif
I'll go to sleep now (It's 3:35 am in Argentina) but I'll create your personal threads as soon as I get up.
JD_
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2012, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys! In this funny thread about instructor's armies, ninjas, spies, secret conspiracies, and many other things that are happening in these GMC dark days ph34r.gif, I had the idea to start my own Army to join forces and create the most unique guitar players of the world.

The idea is to assign lessons every week directly related to your tastes, ability and weaknesses. Work on it, give you exercises and feedback to improve and master it. We will use the REC program to also get other instructor's feedback and also will join some collabs to work on theory and improvisation.

Is there any interested in being mentored by me to be part of this Army. I accept everybody that is interested, even spies that already belong to other armies. tongue.gif

Hey Mate i'd like to be a part of this if there is still room. Ben's Bushido was very good, but i didn't have enough time to smash out the weekly lessons and get them to a respectable level due to time constraints. But things are getting better now....

My Tastes.... Metal and Rock. Lead guitar is my main focus, so my weak point would be Heavy tasty rhythm's and composing an entire song. Also LEGATO is something i want to be good at.... And finding my way around the fretboard... would be my biggest issue. I'd like to be a good improviser one day....

The Artists i am into are: Andy James, Marco Sfogli, Nuno Bettencourt, Andy Timmons, Bullet for my Valentine EVH etc....
I need to focus in 1 direction instead of playing and learning 6 different things at once. In GMC level's i can do lvl4-5 and by the end of the year I would like to be a comfortable level 5 player and move into the lvl 6 world of awesomeness....

Thanks
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Feb 26 2012, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Mate i'd like to be a part of this if there is still room. Ben's Bushido was very good, but i didn't have enough time to smash out the weekly lessons and get them to a respectable level due to time constraints. But things are getting better now....

My Tastes.... Metal and Rock. Lead guitar is my main focus, so my weak point would be Heavy tasty rhythm's and composing an entire song. Also LEGATO is something i want to be good at.... And finding my way around the fretboard... would be my biggest issue. I'd like to be a good improviser one day....

The Artists i am into are: Andy James, Marco Sfogli, Nuno Bettencourt, Andy Timmons, Bullet for my Valentine EVH etc....
I need to focus in 1 direction instead of playing and learning 6 different things at once. In GMC level's i can do lvl4-5 and by the end of the year I would like to be a comfortable level 5 player and move into the lvl 6 world of awesomeness....

Thanks

Here we go mate!

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43219

smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
we have two new agents introduced!

MonkeyDathos's Thread
Cathshadow's Thread
michaelwalker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2012, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These are the links to the threads of the Army's members (at the moment)

Superize's Thread
Gitarrero's Thread
Ulrik's Thread
Gregc's Thread
Quadrium's Thread
Nimrandir's Thread
Rokchik's Thread
Coffeeman's Thread
JaxN4's Thread
eMGie's Thread
DeGroot's Thread
Posterboy's Thread
Riki's Thread
Tucker's Thread
MonkeyDathos's Thread
Cathshadow's Thread

i would love to do this, you mentioned Ability's?, does this mean I have to be really good?, I am just learning , am at beginner level like a 2 and 3.. I would love to be mentored on my level...!!!!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (michaelwalker @ Mar 7 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would love to do this, you mentioned Ability's?, does this mean I have to be really good?, I am just learning , am at beginner level like a 2 and 3.. I would love to be mentored on my level...!!!!

Hey mate! You are welcome to the Army! smile.gif

I'll start your thread today and then I'll notify you. wink.gif
michaelwalker
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 21 2012, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, count me in!!

Ok so I'm in then?? I know you created a Thread for me..
Gabriel Leopardi
Yeah! We are already working! wink.gif
Bryze26
Permission to join your army sir!really want to improve my guitar technique and improvising.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.