IT'S FINALLY HERE !! Click to view attachmentSuperize
- Great melody and control shown throughout. I really like your use of chords (sounds like 2 note type chords if I'm right ?) in this as well. Your alternate picking runs have definitely improved too. Perhaps one thing that could feature more in future solos is more bending maybe. Great work !WeePee
- Probably my favourite solo of yours so far ! I really love the use of Wah and you whacked out some brilliant rhythmical phrases right at the beginning. Nothing I can think of to criticise so just keep working hard !Casinostrat
- Some great lines in here, nice phrasing. There's a couple of awkward sounding note to my ears. One is about 8 seconds into your solo. I think you're using a pentatonic type sequence but it's got a C Minor Penta sound instead of a G minor sound. Although the notes are not 'outside' the scale, the combination of them in a certain order can sound almost wrong. Kirk Hammett does it quite a lot deliberatly in his solos but I've never thought that it works. It's mainly the combo of F, D# and C that sound awkward because they create a C Minor tonality. It's only a minor criticism but I thought I'd explain it as best I can hence the long writing. Your take is great !Lixxx
- Very nice, laid back approach here. One thing that might make it better is to use the silences in a different way. Instead of waiting for a couple of bars to pass and then coming on on the exact start of the bar, try to explore the idea of starting phrases at the end of a bar so they carry over into the start of a new one. I hope that makes sense ? This makes it less predictable and less like 'I'm going to wait until this point and start again'.Fireball
- I really like the way you start the 2 opening phrases the same way but when you climb up for the tail end of each phrase you choose a different note the second time. It's a very Vai type way of approaching melody and it really works well ! No criticisms I can think of.Todd
- You really need to practise your alternate picking, dude.. there's a guy called Todd who... oh, wait.. Teehee. Love your take man, the tonal variations are killer !!DeGroot
- I really like this take. It's an unusual sound with those harmonies and that tone but it really works ! It's uncanny how much like Vinnie Moore you sound in places. No criticisms as such, only keep working on those sweeps to make 'em even better !Llibach
- Cool, rhytmical take here. Try to work on your vibrato so you can make it slower as well as fast and buzzy. I like your open string lick. After that your picking sequence is a little meandering and needs a stronger direction. Apart from that it's allll good.H4H
- A classic take from you. You've definitely upped the ante this time and pulled some neo classical licks out of the bag ! My only criticism is during the second half, your first half is brilliant. In the second half the root note of G makes too many appearances at the end of phrases, 3 times including the end one. I think if the end note was changed to a 5th it would avoid the effect of feeling like we've heard that note too many times. Or you could swap one of the earlier notes and still end on the G. Agin, like the other criticims in anyone else's take, it's only a tiny observation, everything else rocked !
So, guys.. I must say I'm really impressed with the level of melody and ideas this time. In terms of content this is the best collab yet ! Thanks for getting onvolved, keep practising and see you next time ! Maybe the Sensei will grab his guitar and get his butt on the next one, eh ?