Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spasemoonkey's Preparation Frenzy
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cosmin Lupu
Welcome to your thread mate!

Let's make this a place where we can discuss on your personal routine and create it so that you may achieve progress wink.gif

Since you showed me that vid, I guess technique is a relevant subject for ya so we should tackle the most important aspects:

- Alternate Picking
- Riffing/ rhythm playing
- Articulation
- Legato

On the other hand there's theory, which is fairly important.

Would you like sharing some thoughts with me, regarding the level you are having on these here and which one would you like to focus on?

all the best

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
Hellos Cosmin!

Lets see a little bit about each of my areas. Strongest to weakest Riffing, Alternate Picking, Articulation, Legato.

1. Riffing, this is my all time highest for the simple fact growing up not having teachers it was easy to pick up on, just simple power chords and chugging. I can play most riffs that Metallica throws out at me as a staple for where I'm at. Getting into more modern metal, forget it. Symphony X I just drool and my brain fizzes. laugh.gif

2. Alternate Picking, I'm fine when it comes to riffing, but you want to turn it into a lead passage I'm done. I try to do it and I've gotten better but it's still out of my reach.

3. Articulation, I'm thinking this is what is stopping me from the faster passages of single notes and clarity in my playing.

E--------9----------
B-9-10-12--12-10-9--

Example when I play that I can do it slow and it is clean, but when I hit higher up I'm thinking around 100bpm on the up stroke hitting the E string I'm slightly taping the B string as well with the pick and causing extra sound.

4. Legato, I honestly don't think I've ever really worked on this what so ever. I pick practically everything I've ever played. Maybe a few hammer-ons but nothing extended more than a few notes.

I was going to say Articulation for the fact it sounds like everything coincides with it as far as clean playing and precision. But seeing that Legato is my weakest I must say... I Choose You Legato! This way I can finger dexterity so they don't get tired, some better finger independence to not have to think as much when I have to play, and to help make them more precise so I don't have flying finger syndrome.

I hope this helps give a better idea as to where everything is placed as to what I am currently able to do. Also gives me a chance to see myself make progress to see where I've started and where I am heading. smile.gif

- Travis S.
Cosmin Lupu
Ahoy Travis! Well well biggrin.gif for Legato we can work with good comrade Ben's series:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/la...5/10/n/n/n/t/f/

and regarding articulation - I was referring at banding and vibrato smile.gif how are you faring with those? biggrin.gif

So legato it is smile.gif let's pick the 1st lesson in the series, take a look over it and tell me if everything is cool and doable, k?

nighty night

Cosmin

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 21 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hellos Cosmin!

Lets see a little bit about each of my areas. Strongest to weakest Riffing, Alternate Picking, Articulation, Legato.

1. Riffing, this is my all time highest for the simple fact growing up not having teachers it was easy to pick up on, just simple power chords and chugging. I can play most riffs that Metallica throws out at me as a staple for where I'm at. Getting into more modern metal, forget it. Symphony X I just drool and my brain fizzes. laugh.gif

2. Alternate Picking, I'm fine when it comes to riffing, but you want to turn it into a lead passage I'm done. I try to do it and I've gotten better but it's still out of my reach.

3. Articulation, I'm thinking this is what is stopping me from the faster passages of single notes and clarity in my playing.

E--------9----------
B-9-10-12--12-10-9--

Example when I play that I can do it slow and it is clean, but when I hit higher up I'm thinking around 100bpm on the up stroke hitting the E string I'm slightly taping the B string as well with the pick and causing extra sound.

4. Legato, I honestly don't think I've ever really worked on this what so ever. I pick practically everything I've ever played. Maybe a few hammer-ons but nothing extended more than a few notes.

I was going to say Articulation for the fact it sounds like everything coincides with it as far as clean playing and precision. But seeing that Legato is my weakest I must say... I Choose You Legato! This way I can finger dexterity so they don't get tired, some better finger independence to not have to think as much when I have to play, and to help make them more precise so I don't have flying finger syndrome.

I hope this helps give a better idea as to where everything is placed as to what I am currently able to do. Also gives me a chance to see myself make progress to see where I've started and where I am heading. smile.gif

- Travis S.

SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 22 2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahoy Travis! Well well biggrin.gif for Legato we can work with good comrade Ben's series:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/la...5/10/n/n/n/t/f/

and regarding articulation - I was referring at banding and vibrato smile.gif how are you faring with those? biggrin.gif

So legato it is smile.gif let's pick the 1st lesson in the series, take a look over it and tell me if everything is cool and doable, k?

nighty night

Cosmin

Checking the link, looks like a great starting point. Going to get some grub and get started on it!

Bending and vibrato I can do it, just get yelled at that I do it with the fingers not the wrist. laugh.gif

Night Cosmin!

- Travis S.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 22 2012, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Checking the link, looks like a great starting point. Going to get some grub and get started on it!

Bending and vibrato I can do it, just get yelled at that I do it with the fingers not the wrist. laugh.gif

Night Cosmin!

- Travis S.

Alright mate! I am here and waiting for your questions - and we have to see about the wrist motion wink.gif you won't get away tongue.gif

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 24 2012, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright mate! I am here and waiting for your questions - and we have to see about the wrist motion wink.gif you won't get away tongue.gif

Cosmin

Will do I'll have to record something here one day to get a better look on what I am doing for ya.

I shall give a quick update as well before I head out to work.

I am working on Ben's Land Of Legato 1! WOOOO GO BEN!!!

- Day 1: I learned that my DAW has this weird triangle button that makes a constant beeping that I set for how close it beeps!
I also learned the full lesson and worked on it at around 50bpm to get use to the passages in sections.
Ending rate was about 80bpm that was clean enough for me to call it a good ending of the sesson.

- Day 2: Yesterday, I learned playing it around 90bpm that my fingers started to hate life after a few good runs. So I just shook
it off and kept pushing a little bit. I can play it at the targeted 110bpm now minus the very last section of it. The finger
movement throws me off every few runs.

- Day 3: Today, I'm updating you on my progress and future goal for after work. laugh.gif I'm hoping I can hit the 115-120bpm mark
then get it worked out to feeling like second nature. Then I hope for tomorrow I can do a few passes at 120-125bpm.
If it comes out well there shall be a recording at the target rate of 110bpm!

- Travis S.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 24 2012, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will do I'll have to record something here one day to get a better look on what I am doing for ya.

I shall give a quick update as well before I head out to work.

I am working on Ben's Land Of Legato 1! WOOOO GO BEN!!!

- Day 1: I learned that my DAW has this weird triangle button that makes a constant beeping that I set for how close it beeps!
I also learned the full lesson and worked on it at around 50bpm to get use to the passages in sections.
Ending rate was about 80bpm that was clean enough for me to call it a good ending of the sesson.

- Day 2: Yesterday, I learned playing it around 90bpm that my fingers started to hate life after a few good runs. So I just shook
it off and kept pushing a little bit. I can play it at the targeted 110bpm now minus the very last section of it. The finger
movement throws me off every few runs.

- Day 3: Today, I'm updating you on my progress and future goal for after work. laugh.gif I'm hoping I can hit the 115-120bpm mark
then get it worked out to feeling like second nature. Then I hope for tomorrow I can do a few passes at 120-125bpm.
If it comes out well there shall be a recording at the target rate of 110bpm!

- Travis S.

Hey Travis! It sounds very good man wink.gif I would like to ask if at 110 BPM you can record while being TOTALLY relaxed? I experienced some difficulties when recording stuff at speed and not feeling ultra relaxed with all passages. Now, it depends from day to day (how much you slept, what amount of water you had and how tired you are can mean A LOT) but I tend to try and become as relaxed as possible with a piece when playing it wink.gif how bout you?

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 24 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Travis! It sounds very good man wink.gif I would like to ask if at 110 BPM you can record while being TOTALLY relaxed? I experienced some difficulties when recording stuff at speed and not feeling ultra relaxed with all passages. Now, it depends from day to day (how much you slept, what amount of water you had and how tired you are can mean A LOT) but I tend to try and become as relaxed as possible with a piece when playing it wink.gif how bout you?

Cosmin

We shall find out later, I did a quick run while reading this and I'm rather relaxed, but once that camera is on its a total different story. I actually got a good solid 8 hours of sleep last night and I've been drink a lot of water due to it turning into the spring season here. I do notice tho with what you say. My best day for playing is Monday, typically after I go to the gym. Not sure if my body is so tired it has to stay relaxed or just because it was use to something more intense.

- Travis S.
Cosmin Lupu
biggrin.gif I usually suck at guitar playing right after coming from the gym smile.gif I feel too adrenalized somehow and I can't control my limbs. I usually need relaxation in order to get things going. Regarding the camera - start recording even though you may not get the right results from the very first take. The idea is that the more you record, the better and more relaxed you will be wink.gif give it a try bro!

Cosmin

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 25 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We shall find out later, I did a quick run while reading this and I'm rather relaxed, but once that camera is on its a total different story. I actually got a good solid 8 hours of sleep last night and I've been drink a lot of water due to it turning into the spring season here. I do notice tho with what you say. My best day for playing is Monday, typically after I go to the gym. Not sure if my body is so tired it has to stay relaxed or just because it was use to something more intense.

- Travis S.

SpaseMoonkey
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01

29 Records later this is the best I got, but I got better on every record!

How can I clean up my playing with this? Besides more practice. laugh.gif I'm taking a break right now my fingers are like whoa buddy calm down right now. But I'm thinking maybe back it down some more or maybe I need to actually raise the action of the guitar because the notes don't seem to ring out quite as well live either.
SpaseMoonkey
Wow.. 4 hours later, I should have been in bed 2 hours ago... But! biggrin.gif

I see my hand does a weird side move with the notes, must conquer that and a few spots have a slight delay making it not sound so fluid. But I got a decent video made for progress instead of a clip.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Travis biggrin.gif the video and take are awesome mate!

Legato is based on fluidity and good timing - you need to move your left hand less, that's why I'd suggest practicing at a slower tempo while focusing on as little movement as possible wink.gif

try this on for size and let's see what we get

Cosmin

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 26 2012, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.. 4 hours later, I should have been in bed 2 hours ago... But! biggrin.gif

I see my hand does a weird side move with the notes, must conquer that and a few spots have a slight delay making it not sound so fluid. But I got a decent video made for progress instead of a clip.

SpaseMoonkey

I think this is rather nice, even used software for the tone.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 27 2012, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is rather nice, even used software for the tone.

hey Travis!

it's better than the previous one but you can improve even more smile.gif what tempo did you start with?

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 28 2012, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey Travis!

it's better than the previous one but you can improve even more smile.gif what tempo did you start with?

Cosmin

I tried to go around 60bpm but I was bored after a few runs so I kicked to about 75bpm that way it was still slow and I could do it without picking randomly to watch just my fingers. From that I realized which sections I tend to sway my hand, which i watched Ben and he does it a bit but not quite as much. I think for me that I have the sway so much is because of the stretch is so great for me on the first, middle, pinky when I have to skip a fret between. I may pull out my Gibson and give it a shot since the neck is a 24.75" scale not a 27" so I won't be stressing to stretch that long of a distance.

So I'm going to throw on some new strings right after I click Add Reply and give it a whirl to see if that may actually be an issue or I'm just trying to be like well its 2" longer so.. In theory it is harder for my small hands. laugh.gif
Cosmin Lupu
hey man! i think practice will solve this one out and those stretches can't hurt you : ) give it a try at least : )
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 28 2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey man! i think practice will solve this one out and those stretches can't hurt you : ) give it a try at least : )

Try 3! I gave it like 15m of practice before work about all the time I had on the other guitar. Well the stretch was easier but still seem to look the same. Went to work did that fun stuff, hung out with a friend had some japanese food came home did like 30m of playing and recorded.

I see what you mean about recording also, the first time took me like forever to get it recorded, this last time I did like 3 loops of playing and I got this video! smile.gif

I also bought some new bulbs that last video was super dark not sure if it was because it was day time out or not, but this one is way cleaner.

Also I've noticed after watching my other videos then this. My entire arm was moving back and forth also, so I tried to watch my playing more because of that. I also shifted my thumb towards the bottom of the neck and had my fingers more perpendicular to the strings. That made those stretches quite a bit more relaxed. To me it sort of looks like it shows due to my arm looking nothing like my past videos.

That's crazy to see my playing change in just a week of a lesson.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man! biggrin.gif the change is obvious and it's only for the best - the only think which I think you have to work on with this one would be the timing, by that I mean that the notes should be more even smile.gif get this done and it's just great wink.gif

Let's see the take!!

Cosmin

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Mar 30 2012, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try 3! I gave it like 15m of practice before work about all the time I had on the other guitar. Well the stretch was easier but still seem to look the same. Went to work did that fun stuff, hung out with a friend had some japanese food came home did like 30m of playing and recorded.

I see what you mean about recording also, the first time took me like forever to get it recorded, this last time I did like 3 loops of playing and I got this video! smile.gif

I also bought some new bulbs that last video was super dark not sure if it was because it was day time out or not, but this one is way cleaner.

Also I've noticed after watching my other videos then this. My entire arm was moving back and forth also, so I tried to watch my playing more because of that. I also shifted my thumb towards the bottom of the neck and had my fingers more perpendicular to the strings. That made those stretches quite a bit more relaxed. To me it sort of looks like it shows due to my arm looking nothing like my past videos.

That's crazy to see my playing change in just a week of a lesson.

SpaseMoonkey
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01-04

Alright here we go again, now that I hear this backing in my sleep. I think I see where you talk of my timing is off. I played with Sir Ben himself! (Ok..ok.. I just played with him playing on his video you got me! laugh.gif ) But seems after the slide 15th fret is where my timing goes off. I hope this is better timed, it sounds it to me, but your the teach!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 1 2012, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01-04

Alright here we go again, now that I hear this backing in my sleep. I think I see where you talk of my timing is off. I played with Sir Ben himself! (Ok..ok.. I just played with him playing on his video you got me! laugh.gif ) But seems after the slide 15th fret is where my timing goes off. I hope this is better timed, it sounds it to me, but your the teach!

Hey Travis! I hear improvement of course and you're nearly there man! You tend to slouch a bit when shifting positions which is normal when you're training with legato at the beginning. Be more precise and in time when shifting the positions, k? One more? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

We could also go for some bending and vibrato in the mean time if you'd like wink.gif so that you won't grow bored biggrin.gif
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Travis! I hear improvement of course and you're nearly there man! You tend to slouch a bit when shifting positions which is normal when you're training with legato at the beginning. Be more precise and in time when shifting the positions, k? One more? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

We could also go for some bending and vibrato in the mean time if you'd like wink.gif so that you won't grow bored biggrin.gif

Oh I'll try and give you another recording tomorrow or later today since I will have some free time. But sure go for throwing a new task at me sir! Will help break that monotonous feeling of a single lessons since its all I play when I have my guitar in my hands.

Will the legato help other aspects of playing? Because I'm seeing/hearing in my playing that if its even the slightest bit off it seems sloppy. Where as AP you can be a bit sloppy and it gets hard to spot out. And thanks for all the pushing my timing has been horrible for as long as I can remember. Feels good being on time! laugh.gif
SpaseMoonkey
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01-05

Hudokin! So I did a few runs with Ben then did it against my old recording, I see what you mean, its tiny changes on certain sections so I hammered down on them slowly then did a few more runs with Ben, set up the DAW took a few loops and here she is! Also boosted the guitar up so its easier for me to even spot some changes. I hear one towards the end but the jump from to 15 I even got it without the slide sound! I am actually happy with this progress a simple slide less sound and I'm kinda giddy! Wanted to post an update back to playing!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 2 2012, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01-05

Hudokin! So I did a few runs with Ben then did it against my old recording, I see what you mean, its tiny changes on certain sections so I hammered down on them slowly then did a few more runs with Ben, set up the DAW took a few loops and here she is! Also boosted the guitar up so its easier for me to even spot some changes. I hear one towards the end but the jump from to 15 I even got it without the slide sound! I am actually happy with this progress a simple slide less sound and I'm kinda giddy! Wanted to post an update back to playing!

Hey Travis biggrin.gif it's better and better man! Don't pump the gain up too much as I don't want you to lose focus on playing clean due to the fact that gain might cover some mistakes tongue.gif

Let's try the vibrato lesson k?

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

I'm very curious to hear your vibrato in action smile.gif

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Travis biggrin.gif it's better and better man! Don't pump the gain up too much as I don't want you to lose focus on playing clean due to the fact that gain might cover some mistakes tongue.gif

Let's try the vibrato lesson k?

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

I'm very curious to hear your vibrato in action smile.gif

Cosmin

Ever hear a cat get its tail stepped on? Then you've heard my vibrato! tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 2 2012, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever hear a cat get its tail stepped on? Then you've heard my vibrato! tongue.gif

C'mon man, it can't be that bad biggrin.gif
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C'mon man, it can't be that bad biggrin.gif

Better than I thought!

But I also went out of my way and tried to watch and listen to people play the Skyrim Theme. And took a break from lessons and just jammed a bit. After that I just dabbled in reaper which isn't something I normally do.
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/game-01
SpaseMoonkey
Took a few days break from intense lesson working, but I feel great.

I took a vacation day tomorrow from work since I'm going to have a crazy day, but extremely fun! Hanging out with a friend for the day, can't wait to jam a bit with him. Because I feel more confident playing in front of others which I think is because of you and pushing me to play with a camera/camcorder. Going to the local guitar shop, get some lunch, show him a few tips with Reaper, then head out to the big city for the Buckethead concert! biggrin.gif

But before he gets here I hope to do some crunching down with practice to be warmed up, I hope to get a good recording of the legato for REC. And I shall work the vibrato with a video also and see where that stands.
Cosmin Lupu
Ahoy there mate! Sounds like a very good plan to me wink.gif

As you will play more and more against backing tracks and in front of people, with other people and on recordings, you will become confident and precise wink.gif keep on doing a great job! I'm here to help so let's see the new vids biggrin.gif

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey

Lets see where this sits, cut down movement and also gain as you said.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Travis! Getting better, but still, there are some timing issues here and there! Give it some more time for the moment and focus on the vibrato one. We will get back to this one once you manage to bring the vibrato one up to level smile.gif

what say you

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato

*cringes* So I kinda avoided this.. Lol.. Guess I really need to work majorly on here... I'm going to break them down into sections. But I see a huge problem, on the --10~p8~-- I can't get it to ring at all do I need to add gain or? I'm in the air about that because I'm pulling off quite hard.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey there mate! You're close wink.gif just a bit more practice and you'll nail it, no need for more gain though, just for more so called 'roundness' on the vibrated notes smile.gif

No need for being shy, you're n the right track hombre wink.gif I think one more will do justice and we can move on!

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato-02

There we go another one finished. Sounds a bit more equal with the vibrato instead of just noise it sounds more uniform to me, but also the timing sounds a bit better also.
Cosmin Lupu
hey Travis! We are definitely making progress biggrin.gif There are some spots where you rushed and others where you were a bit slow - I would focus on evening things up by listening closely to the rhythm - so focus on working with the backing track a bit more and I think this should nail it!

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 14 2012, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey Travis! We are definitely making progress biggrin.gif There are some spots where you rushed and others where you were a bit slow - I would focus on evening things up by listening closely to the rhythm - so focus on working with the backing track a bit more and I think this should nail it!

Cosmin

I'm super unhappy with this recording due to sound. I think my LP may end up getting racked and another guitar will come out. I can't get sustain from it for the life of me. But I shall post it anyways..

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato-03

I did listen to it a few times thats how I came up with I'm unhappy with it, but on the bright side. I see what you mean about the vibrato not being rounded, I had a friend listen to me play it and he was like hes right. Told me to just play out some riffs get nice and loose and then give it a whirl. That helped but I see what you are talking about the sine wave basically of the vibrato isn't timed right its just whatever not a nice constant motion. I do think I hit that better on this video tho.

Secondly I have a question which will be rather easy for you to answer. I've been fiddling around with my guitar with say TV themes and stuff in movies and I got some this. I believe its also E-Standard Tuning.

------------
------------
-10--08--06-
-10--08--06-
-08--06--04-
-08--06--04-

I've had it in my head and made it out checked it with a video that I got it from but that third chord isn't right is it by some chance maybe?
----
----
-08-
-XX-
-06-
-04-
Cosmin Lupu
Wow maaan! biggrin.gif what a cool piece of music biggrin.gif the last chord is x468xx or 4468xx smile.gif never mistake the sound of an added 9th tongue.gif

Keep practicing the vibrato a bit more, but with this one now biggrin.gif I don't want you to get bored tongue.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-2/

let us try this one for size smile.gif

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2012, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow maaan! biggrin.gif what a cool piece of music biggrin.gif the last chord is x468xx or 4468xx smile.gif never mistake the sound of an added 9th tongue.gif

Keep practicing the vibrato a bit more, but with this one now biggrin.gif I don't want you to get bored tongue.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-2/

let us try this one for size smile.gif

Cosmin

HA! I figured it out earlier by accident I missed the not and was like.. Wait a second! Lol and you stumbled upon Eric's video. Silly Cosmin

Gah not this type of vibrato... laugh.gif What is actually the best way to accomplish it, arm/wrist or the finger?
Cosmin Lupu
biggrin.gif wrist mate! That's the secret tongue.gif
SpaseMoonkey

I have not been ignoring this task tho it has been a few day post. It was extremely new to me this is after about 3 hours of practice time trying to get use to the circle aspect.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 20 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have not been ignoring this task tho it has been a few day post. It was extremely new to me this is after about 3 hours of practice time trying to get use to the circle aspect.

Hey Travis! This is looking REALLY good man! I mean, it's pretty round and defined, but please take care of the unwanted noise when you are hitting some other strings too biggrin.gif

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 21 2012, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Travis! This is looking REALLY good man! I mean, it's pretty round and defined, but please take care of the unwanted noise when you are hitting some other strings too biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Oh I'm not close to being done with this jazz, I have been worried that when I started it felt awkward. As I did an hour of it, it felt more natural. So I had to do a take and post to make sure I was doing the correct movements so I wasn't creating a bad habit. And those other strings just didn't feel as loved so they are like Hey! What about me! laugh.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 21 2012, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I'm not close to being done with this jazz, I have been worried that when I started it felt awkward. As I did an hour of it, it felt more natural. So I had to do a take and post to make sure I was doing the correct movements so I wasn't creating a bad habit. And those other strings just didn't feel as loved so they are like Hey! What about me! laugh.gif

laugh.gif alright Travis! No problem dude, shoot when ready! biggrin.gif

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato-02-03

Alrighty Then! Been a busy few days for me. But I didn't not skip out or forget what task was at hand. I used the technique with just random playing and notes to try and see what strings give me issues. Is it a spot on the neck or string? I do believe it payed off. But I hope to say this is a big step in cleaning it up.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man! Sounds like improvement to me! Now the next step would be to incorporate the vibrato into actual playing, right? I was thinking we should go for a more melody based lesson and try to use the vibrato in it wink.gif

What do you think about this one? biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
Why does work have to get in the way. laugh.gif

Lots of memorizing but that's great because I'm already on my 3rd loop just listening to this. Sounds amazing and way out of my typical playing area. I hope I can get a passage down tonight and I'll record it tomorrow.
Cosmin Lupu
Hehe wink.gif I am curious to see what you got!

Cosmin
SpaseMoonkey
Ha didn't even take me as long as I thought, I got kind of hooked and my mind went into creativity mode. laugh.gif

But a day early none of the less.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-01
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Travis! This is not bad at all - you skipped over the quirky bend release and slide at second 6 tongue.gif Caught you young man! biggrin.gif A bit more flow with this piece could work great, otherwise the bends seem pretty accurate smile.gif

The next part is a bit trickier I think - have you managed to get a grasp on it?
SpaseMoonkey
I listened to it after I posted all I can do is laugh. Well I used a real amp this time. That at least sounds better. The beginning needs cleaned a bit but I got that fast bend better. 2nd half trickier you say? I think I literally killed it, but hey my timing with backing is getting better! laugh.gif

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-02
Cosmin Lupu
Travis, you're slowly getting there man smile.gif This piece has a lot of nuances in it but let's get the timing flowing first, k?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.