Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (7.6, Pass) John Frusciante Style Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Nether
Original lesson: John Frusciante Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Really enjoyed doing this lesson :)

Stephane Lucarelli
Hi Nether!

It's clear that you put lot of efforts in these lesson ans you have lot of fun playin' it.
I could suggest you to focus on the timing, here and there it's floating and bending, as some bends are out of pitch.
Your high e string seems also not in tune!

Keep up the good work and you'll see the results in the coming month!
Sinisa Cekic
Nice try ! At first listen I would say that you have a problem with the timing. It is not so big but enough to get an impression of uncertainty. Also bending is a matter that needs more attention to devote, work on it.
Alex Feather
Nice take! I like your sound and I can tell you spent some time learning this lesson!
A few things you can work on
-Your timing seems like an easy fix to me! You just have to focus on your timing when you are playing! if you will spend more time learning this tune you will be able to concentrate on your timing instead of the notes!
- Some bends are off I wold suggest try to practice bending slow and get it to the right pitch! It's not easy and it takes some time!
There rest was good! I think a few more days working on this lesson and it will be perfect!
Ben Higgins
Hi Nether !

I agree also with what the guys said about timing and bending. One other thing to take note of is this :

Sometimes you slide to a note and then pick it slightly afterwards, instead of moving to the note and picking simultaneously. This gives an un-synchronised sound so practised shifting positions and making sure that the pick hits the string the same time as the note lands. It's a tiny fix but you will find it transforms your playing. A lot of people do it, it's quite common but it's easy to fix smile.gif

The rest of it is great, you're on the right path.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man! Congrats on a good effort! Nothing more to add on my behalf! Keep on practicing with the advice from the guys in the bag of arrows wink.gif

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! I'm here just grading! I gave you my comments at Gab's Army thread. wink.gif
skennington
7.6, pass
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.