Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extracting An Instrument (guitar) From A Song
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
riffgiant
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to take a song (from a CD, mp3, etc) and filter out the vocals, drums, bass etc so that you can only hear the lead guitar? It would be cool to do the reverse also, so that only the lead guitar is filtered out so you can practice playing with the rest of the band on the song. I've seen software advertised that can remove the vocals from a song for karaoke purposes but nothing that strips out guitar or other instruments...

Has anybody explored this?

Cheers,

Dave
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (riffgiant @ Jun 6 2007, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to take a song (from a CD, mp3, etc) and filter out the vocals, drums, bass etc so that you can only hear the lead guitar? It would be cool to do the reverse also, so that only the lead guitar is filtered out so you can practice playing with the rest of the band on the song. I've seen software advertised that can remove the vocals from a song for karaoke purposes but nothing that strips out guitar or other instruments...

Has anybody explored this?

Cheers,

Dave

Its hard to do well, but check out the amazing slow-downer. What works for vocals probably works ok for lead guitar also, but it won't be 100%.
riffgiant
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 6 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its hard to do well, but check out the amazing slow-downer. What works for vocals probably works ok for lead guitar also, but it won't be 100%.

thanks for the info Andrew, I checked out that software, pretty cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.