Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Venice ?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Ben Higgins
I was watching a film called The Tourist, which is set in Venice. I've never been there but it seems an amazingly beautiful place - one of a kind. Anybody ever been there ? smile.gif
Opetholic
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 1 2012, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was watching a film called The Tourist, which is set in Venice. I've never been there but it seems an amazingly beautiful place - one of a kind. Anybody ever been there ? smile.gif

I've been there yes smile.gif It is really a very beautiful place as you say. I have done all the touristic activities that is possibly done there tongue.gif Yes, I have taken a gondola ride smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 1 2012, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been there yes smile.gif It is really a very beautiful place as you say. I have done all the touristic activities that is possibly done there tongue.gif Yes, I have taken a gondola ride smile.gif

Nice. The only downside I've heard is that the canals don't smell so good ?
Opetholic
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 1 2012, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm I can't remember having that impression but then again maybe it is worse if you actually live there.
Sinisa Cekic
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 1 2012, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was in March, and everything was ok, but I believe that in summer becomes unbearable cool.gif
Fran
I had the chance to visit Venice a couple years ago, when I got trapped by a volcano (true story) attending a Sum41 concert in Milan.

Nice city to spend a few hours.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 1 2012, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when I got trapped by a volcano (true story) attending a Sum41 concert in Milan.

Wow, it amazes me the lengths some bands will go to when using pyro !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 1 2012, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in March, and everything was ok, but I believe that in summer becomes unbearable cool.gif

Sinisa, the Godfather, in the city of romance ?? Why am I not surprised ?? biggrin.gif
Bossie
You saw that scene when Johnny Depp says "gracias' instead of 'Grazie'....hilarious tongue.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 1 2012, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You saw that scene when Johnny Depp says "gracias' instead of 'Grazie'....hilarious tongue.gif

Hey... I thought that too ! So.. I wasn't going mad ??

Was it intended do you think ? Or an accident ? smile.gif
Dieterle
i`ve been there long time ago ,
interesting old buildings ,channels and places .
In the summertime the water is smelling a bit, yes thats through
and you have to take a bit care of your pocket money , cameras and stuff like that
it can be easy become feeds and run away cool.gif with someone biggrin.gif .

Carneval in Venice could be interesting too .
Bossie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 1 2012, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey... I thought that too ! So.. I wasn't going mad ??

Was it intended do you think ? Or an accident ? smile.gif

don't know but those little things are funny..well it's a very unique place i guess.
Sometimes the water even rises everywhere into the streets and every venetian has good boots . tongue.gif

When that happens they call it 'aqua alta'...high water i think..
Dieterle
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jun 1 2012, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i`ve been there long time ago ,
interesting old buildings ,channels and places .
In the summertime the water is smelling a bit, yes thats through
and you have to take a bit care of your pocket money , cameras and stuff like that
it can be easy become feeds and run away cool.gif with someone biggrin.gif .

I forgot
to say that this pictures/clip is not mine , i found on youtube !

Dieter
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jun 1 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woah, check out those squid (or octopi) at 1:02 ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 1 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes the water even rises everywhere into the streets and every venetian has good boots . tongue.gif

When that happens they call it 'aqua alta'...high water i think..

Yeah, they need boats like we need out cars. I wonder how people with a fear of water and / or boats would cope living in the city.

P.S. I had such deja vu when I was reading your post ! huh.gif
Mudbone
I've been there once, a long time ago. Being there is like being teleported into history, its totally different than anything you have ever seen before. And from what I remember, the canals do smell a bit funky laugh.gif
Dinaga
Yes, I was in Venice. It's truly beautiful but waaay too expensive and waay to crowded in the season biggrin.gif

It's definitely a "must see" one-of-a-kind city but I wouldn't really live there. smile.gif
Sensible Jones
I was going to go once but I heard the roads there were a bit water-logged and no good for riding Bikes on!!
tongue.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
I have never been in Europe... Venice seems to be one of the places that I should visit if I travel any time...
Bossie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 1 2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never been in Europe... Venice seems to be one of the places that I should visit if I travel any time...

Well if you do...bring your band!! wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Wow, loads of you guys have been there ! While we're on the subject, what European cities must I visit ? I've got an idea on ones I'd like to see (and I definitely want to revisit Duesseldorf and Koeln) but what amazing cities do you recommend ? smile.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 1 2012, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you do...bring your band!! wink.gif

Good call ! cool.gif
Opetholic
Amsterdam! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 2 2012, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amsterdam! smile.gif

Hell, I'd love to visit Holland smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 1 2012, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Precisely wink.gif it depends on the period, but as Sinisa said, the summer in Venice equals nose killer biggrin.gif
Bossie
I live close to Bruges in Belgium..it's called the venice of the north..no smelling what so ever!! biggrin.gif
Ulrik
http://www.mycruise.dk/rejsemaal/cruise-i-...gro/?sword_list[]=armonia

In september I'll go and see:
Venice (Italy) Ancona (Italy) Korfu (Greece) Santorini (Greece) Athens (Greece) Argostoli (Greece) Kotor (Montenegro)

I went to Venice with my parents around 20 years ago, so I can manage to see it again I guess.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 4 2012, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live close to Bruges in Belgium..it's called the venice of the north..no smelling what so ever!! biggrin.gif

Bruges looks beautiful too. People say there's nothing like Venice but there's probably nothing like Bruges too... all medieval smile.gif

I haven't been there though.

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 4 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.mycruise.dk/rejsemaal/cruise-i-...gro/?sword_list[]=armonia

In september I'll go and see:
Venice (Italy) Ancona (Italy) Korfu (Greece) Santorini (Greece) Athens (Greece) Argostoli (Greece) Kotor (Montenegro)

I went to Venice with my parents around 20 years ago, so I can manage to see it again I guess.

Man, that's like a our of the Agean sea !! biggrin.gif
Alex Feather
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 1 2012, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man I want to go there so bad! Tourist is a very good movie I liked it a lot! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 6 2012, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man I want to go there so bad! Tourist is a very good movie I liked it a lot! smile.gif

Yeah, the critics hated that movie... but I love it wink.gif

Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 4 2012, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 5 2012, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bruges looks beautiful too. People say there's nothing like Venice but there's probably nothing like Bruges too... all medieval smile.gif

I haven't been there though.

have either of you two seen the film 'In Bruges'??
If not then I suggest you do, very funny indeed!!!
biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 6 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have either of you two seen the film 'In Bruges'??
If not then I suggest you do, very funny indeed!!!
biggrin.gif

Yes, it's the first thing I thought of when I read the comment !! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bossie
Yeah the movie is great....especially Farell's behaviour in it ..hilarious.!! wink.gif
Mudbone
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 4 2012, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just checked out Bruges, what an amazing place! I want to visit it now biggrin.gif
Bossie
Bruges is amazing even if i say so myself. I live in Ghent ..a bit further east..actually they are called twin city's
because they have the same medieval character.Waterways,canals,ancient historical buildings..
In Ghent there also lots of huge cathedrals and even large ancient castle's in the city centre...
I'll post some pics..next to my house there are two big chestnutt trees about 550 years old..impressive.

Normal scene's for europeans but for americans or let say japanese people it's pretty stunning to watch ...
Mudbone
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 10 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Normal scene's for europeans but for americans or let say japanese people it's pretty stunning to watch ...

Where I live in America there really isn't much culture or history. There's just strip malls with fat people walking in and out of them dry.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jun 11 2012, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bruges is amazing even if i say so myself. I live in Ghent ..a bit further east..actually they are called twin city's
because they have the same medieval character.Waterways,canals,ancient historical buildings..
In Ghent there also lots of huge cathedrals and even large ancient castle's in the city centre...
I'll post some pics..next to my house there are two big chestnutt trees about 550 years old..impressive.

Man, that looks like a beautiful place. I remember travelling past Gent (it can also be spellled like that am I right ?) on the way to Germany. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.