Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pourliver's Tread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Pages: 1, 2
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Pourliver!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )
Pourliver
Hi Gabe !

Thanks a lot for opening this thread ! I play Metal ( Megadeth, Stratovarius, etc.. ) / Rock ( Maiden's style ) and I'm really open to all music style. My weakest techniques are the 3 string sweep and my Alternate picking ( Actually it's not that bad, I just can hit one note on another string and continue my AP ) . I don't have the musical hear too, I can't understand the theory behind a chord or things like that. If you play a song, I won't know if it's in the key of A , D, E ... My influences, there a a lots of them but I'll name a few, Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, Dave Mustane, Friedman and all Neo classical stuff.
I think I'm pretty good in rhythmic, as I can easily play Staccato over a power chord and things like that.

I have been playing music at school for 3 years, but it never tried to really get better, because everything looked too hard sleep.gif

I would really like to get better with my sweeping and with my alternate picking, almost every solo have those smile.gif

I don't know if you can help me with that, but I know that some GMC:er are recording themselves from their computer and directly upload to SoundCloud, how can we do that, what do I need to buy ? It could be a great investment smile.gif

By the way, before I forget about it, I learned my English at school with intensive English course, so I will sometime say things that have totally no sense at all. ( I'm speaking French ) biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Thanks for your info! Yes, it's difficult to guide you if you can't record yourself... tell me your budget and I will suggest you what to buy to record yourself.

Have you been working on any lessons from the site?

Pourliver
At the moment, I can invest 150 - 250 $

I am working on your Stratovarius Lesson, it's pretty easy but I still have an hard time with the part 4.

That's one of my weak point too, Every time I need to play something fast, I totally mess up because I need to change string dry.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Finnis...l-Stratovarius/
Gabriel Leopardi
These are my suggestion to be able to record and film yourself, let me know if you have any question!

M-Audio Fast Track

Shure SM 57 to mic your amp or Guitar rig (or any other amp emulator)

Logitech 9000 Webcam

Reaper Multitrack: http://www.reaper.fm/
Pourliver
All this is confusing ^^

What is M-Audio Fast Track ? Can I plug the guitar directly in it ?

Shure SM 57 is a microphone but Guitar Rig is an emulated amp, why do I have the choice between both ?

I've heard this program somewhere but was is Reaper Multitrack ?

Sorry for all theses question smile.gif xD
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Don't worry! Please ask me all the things that you need to know.

M-Audio is a sound interface that allows you to connect directly your guitar, a mic, a bass or whatever you would like to record in your computer. You connect the interface via USB to your computer.

There are two way of generate your guitar tone. You can use you amp and put a mic in front of it to record or you can directly connect your guitar to the M-audio's input and use guitar rig as an amp simulator.

A multitrack software allows you to record different tracks of music and mix them together.

Check out this tutorial:

Pourliver
Hi Gabe !

Sounds great, I will try to buy and M-audio Fast Track and a webcam as soon as possible smile.gif

What about free amps emulation software, Ivan didnt really talked about these in is video, but are they good ? My amp is a Line 6 Spider IV and don't have a lots of possibility. tongue.gif

I'll try to be at your VChat today, because I'm working on my Outside / Inside AP Picking ( a little more my inside ) wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 15 2012, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gabe !

Sounds great, I will try to buy and M-audio Fast Track and a webcam as soon as possible smile.gif

What about free amps emulation software, Ivan didnt really talked about these in is video, but are they good ? My amp is a Line 6 Spider IV and don't have a lots of possibility. tongue.gif

I'll try to be at your VChat today, because I'm working on my Outside / Inside AP Picking ( a little more my inside ) wink.gif

Great! I haven't tried the free amp simulators, but you should try them before buying any other thing. By the way, doesn't you amp include a recording line our or something similar to connect it directly to your sound interface?
Pourliver
Hmmm let me see

On my amp, I have a plug just like where I plug my guitar, written right under it : Phones / Record out

I'm usually plugging my headset here Via an adapter tongue.gif

Is that what you were talking about ?
Pourliver
Got a picture here : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/recordu.png/
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 15 2012, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah! that record out could work. You should try it, if it sends a tone with an emulated speaker you would have a really good tone, if not, maybe you will still need an emulator.
Pourliver
So I only need to buy that Fast Track and plug my amp in ? Sounds great, I will get to a music shop tonight and try to buy it, I'll give you news about it tonight if you are here tongue.gif
Pourliver
Hi !

I just tested something !

I took an adapater in had, and I plugged directly my amp in my computer. I can record myself on Reaper. I'll send you a sample later on tonight, because right now I got to go ! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 15 2012, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi !

I just tested something !

I took an adapater in had, and I plugged directly my amp in my computer. I can record myself on Reaper. I'll send you a sample later on tonight, because right now I got to go ! smile.gif

Amazing! Let me know if it works!! smile.gif
Pourliver
It works really great ! The sound quality is good enough, and I didn't had time / idea to record something. Tomorrow is my last exam, I'll have all the time to record something smile.gif. I'll try to record something with inside picking and string skipping, as they are really hard for me . happy.gif
Pourliver
I know it's far away from being good, but it's my first try on this awesome lesson, and now I have to study smile.gif

I know I missed some notes, but it's just to show you that it works ! biggrin.gif

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/ramones-punk-first-try
Gabriel Leopardi
This is sooo GREAT! smile.gif I'm happy to know that I could help you with this! The recording sounds very good. Now we are ready to start working hard, and start posting takes here and at the REC! You can also start joining some collabs. smile.gif
Pourliver
Thanks ! smile.gif Now that I can record myself, I'll try to integrate a little more to all GMC's possibilities tongue.gif

Can you help me out with my practice routine ? I still have no routine, I'm grabbing my guitar, trying some inside picking, and get tired pretty quickly because I have nothing else to do sleep.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Cool mate... so let's start creating a diary routine, but first I should see you playing some soloing stuff. Maybe we could choose any musical lesson from the archive to work on and combine it with this technique exercises:

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE
LESSON #3 – RIGHT HAND / ALTERNATE PICKING
LESSON #8 – RIGHT HAND V / SWEEP PICKING (2 strings arpeggios)

What do you think?
Pourliver
I don't really understand what you mean by "combine it with this technique exercises". Do I need to take a lesson covering all these ? Or just one of these ? By the way, I've never played a real solo :/

EDIT: I can record a take of the Wasted years intro if you want ( That song is awesome )

EDIT 2 : Congratulation on your 10 000 post ! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 19 2012, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand what you mean by "combine it with this technique exercises". Do I need to take a lesson covering all these ? Or just one of these ? By the way, I've never played a real solo :/

EDIT: I can record a take of the Wasted years intro if you want ( That song is awesome )

EDIT 2 : Congratulation on your 10 000 post ! biggrin.gif

Thanks mate! I started this thread thanks to you! biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44896

I was trying to say that you could work on those technique exercises and at the same time learn and record any GMC solo lesson, you could also record Wasted Years! Off course!
Pourliver
Perfect then, I think I will record Wasted Years for fun. tongue.gif I'll try to tell about what I'm practicing, I don't have any idea of lesson to practice.

Oh yea, there is the Finnish Metal : Stratovarius lesson that I'm trying to play, but the first Chord switch ( Em to A/C) is really hard to get right. I'll keep you updated about it !
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 19 2012, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perfect then, I think I will record Wasted Years for fun. tongue.gif I'll try to tell about what I'm practicing, I don't have any idea of lesson to practice.

Oh yea, there is the Finnish Metal : Stratovarius lesson that I'm trying to play, but the first Chord switch ( Em to A/C) is really hard to get right. I'll keep you updated about it !

This sounds great for me! I'll wait for the news! smile.gif
Pourliver
Hey Gab ! I need your help. I found that when I'm playing things like inside picking or outside picking my left hand isn't fast enough to catch the picking hand. I need to synchronize both hand, and get faster with the left one. Do you have any lesson or riffs that could help me with that ?

Maybe I'm starting to get good at inside picking, but the problem is in the other hand.. dry.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 20 2012, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gab ! I need your help. I found that when I'm playing things like inside picking or outside picking my left hand isn't fast enough to catch the picking hand. I need to synchronize both hand, and get faster with the left one. Do you have any lesson or riffs that could help me with that ?

Maybe I'm starting to get good at inside picking, but the problem is in the other hand.. dry.gif

You should train your right hand with some legato exercises, work on some synchronization stuff and continue playing the outside and inside picking patterns. You have to be patient and wait for the hand that needs more time... keep on the tempo that both hands feel comfortable.

LESSON #7 – LEFT HAND II / PATTERNS & SEQUENCES
LESSON #4 - RIGHT HAND II / ALTERNATE PICKING & HANDS SYNCHRONIZATION
LESSON #12 – INSIDE & OUTSIDE PICKING
Pourliver
Thanks ! These lessons are totally what I was looking for smile.gif

I'm working on your Finnish Power Metal : Stratovarius lesson, but it looks like I can't get a good tone with my amp. Do you think you can help me with it ? I've never been good at making nice tones. dry.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 20 2012, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks ! These lessons are totally what I was looking for smile.gif

I'm working on your Finnish Power Metal : Stratovarius lesson, but it looks like I can't get a good tone with my amp. Do you think you can help me with it ? I've never been good at making nice tones. dry.gif

sure! what amp are you using?
Pourliver
Line 6 Spider IV 15 smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Well, I've never used that amp but I think that this videos can help you...

Pourliver
I love that tone ! I never used reverb before, but I love how it sounds , it's like if I was playing in a big room smile.gif

I'll try to record a take to your lesson soon, I still need to work on it;)
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 20 2012, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that tone ! I never used reverb before, but I love how it sounds , it's like if I was playing in a big room smile.gif

I'll try to record a take to your lesson soon, I still need to work on it;)

Perfect! smile.gif
Pourliver
Hey Gab ! Sorry if I didnt post my take for the Stratovarius lesson, I can't focus on one thing all days, or I get bored too quickly. happy.gif

I'm working on you Sonata Arctica lesson, but I think there is something wrong on the part 6 of it. I can ear a G5 and D5 power chord at the end of the tab, but look like it's not tabbed. Is that only my mind tricking me ? smile.gif

CODE
C5                                        G5               D5                
     PM PM PM PM    PM PM PM PM    PM PM                                      
  E  S  S  S  S  E  S  S  S  S  E  S  S     S  S S S S S S S S  S S S S S S S  
-----------------------------------------|------------------------------------|
--5--------------5--------------5--------|------------------------------------|
--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|------------------------------------|
-----------------------------------------|--3--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-2--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|

The lesson : http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Finnis...-Sonata-Artica/
Pourliver
Hi Gab smile.gif

I wasn't able to record something good today, my muscles were hurting and my fingers were feeling really "heavy". sad.gif

I won't connect this weekend too, I'm going to see my dad, ( like every 2 weeks ) I'll post a Sonata Arctica take and maybe a Stratovarius lesson take on monday if I have nothing planned smile.gif

See you soon wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 22 2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gab ! Sorry if I didnt post my take for the Stratovarius lesson, I can't focus on one thing all days, or I get bored too quickly. happy.gif

I'm working on you Sonata Arctica lesson, but I think there is something wrong on the part 6 of it. I can ear a G5 and D5 power chord at the end of the tab, but look like it's not tabbed. Is that only my mind tricking me ? smile.gif

CODE
C5                                        G5               D5                
     PM PM PM PM    PM PM PM PM    PM PM                                      
  E  S  S  S  S  E  S  S  S  S  E  S  S     S  S S S S S S S S  S S S S S S S  
--5--------------5--------------5--------|------------------------------------|
--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|------------------------------------|
-----------------------------------------|--3--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-2--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|

The lesson : http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Finnis...-Sonata-Artica/

That's not wrong but I missed one note there that is now fixed in the lesson. Thanks for notifying! Check it out!

QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 23 2012, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gab smile.gif

I wasn't able to record something good today, my muscles were hurting and my fingers were feeling really "heavy". sad.gif

I won't connect this weekend too, I'm going to see my dad, ( like every 2 weeks ) I'll post a Sonata Arctica take and maybe a Stratovarius lesson take on monday if I have nothing planned smile.gif

See you soon wink.gif

Ok! I'll wait for your takes! smile.gif
Pourliver
Hey Gab ! I'm back, and ready to rock !

This is my take for your lesson Finnish Power Metal II:Sonata Arctica.It's not perfect, I made a few bad slides, but I think I can show it to you smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/finnish-power-metal-ii-sonata

What do you think about it ? smile.gif
Pourliver
I'm still practicing the Stratovarius lesson, I have some problem with the chords timing smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Good job with the Sonata Arctica lesson. You are at 99.5 %, you just need a 0,5 % adjustment to play it perfectly. The thing to adjust is the timing, sometimes your rhythm is not completely tight. BTW it's a great take! Keep on practicing it a bit more! wink.gif
Pourliver
Thanks ! smile.gif I will practice it more, then post another take wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 26 2012, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks ! smile.gif I will practice it more, then post another take wink.gif

Great! smile.gif
Pourliver
Sorry if I didn't post my take, I don't know why, but I'm really messing up with my playing today, I can't make a decent take of any lesson laugh.gif

I'll make my best tomorrow ! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 28 2012, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if I didn't post my take, I don't know why, but I'm really messing up with my playing today, I can't make a decent take of any lesson laugh.gif

I'll make my best tomorrow ! biggrin.gif

hahaha ok mate! don't worry. I'll wait for your take. wink.gif
Pourliver
Hey Gab ! Sorry if I didn't replied in a while, I was practicing something for Cosmin and for Alex.

I recorded another take for the Sonata Arctica lesson. I think there is no timing problem now smile.gif I can't upload it this week , I'm on another computer. I'm at my father's house for the entire week, without my 1/4" to 1/8" adapter so I can't record anything, but I'm still practicing ! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 1 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gab ! Sorry if I didn't replied in a while, I was practicing something for Cosmin and for Alex.

I recorded another take for the Sonata Arctica lesson. I think there is no timing problem now smile.gif I can't upload it this week , I'm on another computer. I'm at my father's house for the entire week, without my 1/4" to 1/8" adapter so I can't record anything, but I'm still practicing ! biggrin.gif

Ok!! Thanks for the update! Let me know if you need some help. wink.gif
Pourliver
Hey Gab smile.gif

I can't find the file again, so I'll record it right now ( 00:38 a.m here smile.gif ) I don't know why, but I really like to play this lesson smile.gif

EDIT: Just made a custom tone, I don't know why, but I really love it !
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 9 2012, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gab smile.gif

I can't find the file again, so I'll record it right now ( 00:38 a.m here smile.gif ) I don't know why, but I really like to play this lesson smile.gif

hahah ok! smile.gif
Pourliver
Voila ! What do you think about it ? smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/finnish-power-metal-ii
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 9 2012, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voila ! What do you think about it ? smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/finnish-power-metal-ii

Good take! There are some moment when your slightly lose the timing, it's very little the problem but with some concentration on that you should be able to fix it. Besides that you did a great job! smile.gif
Pourliver
I'll continue to practice it, and I'll try to record it another time tongue.gif

I need your help, I'm searching for a lesson on pedal point / note, in a neo-classical context ( not an open note ), because I want to get better with that technique, but all of the lesson about this technique are near level 7 or 8..

Can you help me to find one ? smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 9 2012, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll continue to practice it, and I'll try to record it another time tongue.gif

I need your help, I'm searching for a lesson on pedal point / note, in a neo-classical context ( not an open note ), because I want to get better with that technique, but all of the lesson about this technique are near level 7 or 8..

Can you help me to find one ? smile.gif

Have you checked this one?

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.