Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Computer Says, 'no!'
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Saoirse O'Shea
Thought this might amuse some of you.

I've been working with our ayuntamiento to try and get a grant from the junta to train kids in recording and mixing etc.

Yesterday we started to fill in the on-line application form. We got to the bit about my qualifications and experience and Antonio, the gestor, asked me what mine were. So I told him I had a PhD and D Litt in Philosophy. He sighed and pulled up the drop down box on the form and we looked for them. It woud accept high school certificates, undergraduate qualifications in most subjects, stuff like a teaching diplomas in Basketball, etc. but not mine. So we opted to list me as having an unspecified high school diploma.

We turned to the bits of the form about experience and work sector. So I told him I was an AES registered mastering engineer and had 30 odd years in sound engineering. He sighed even louder and pulled up the next drop down box. Nada. So he opted to list me as a 'general and manual unskilled labour' and put our work sector down as cinema.

So there we have it because the computer says,' No' we are applying for a grant for an unskilled farm labourer with a high school diploma to train people in ciinema.

This is going to look like one very strange grant application.
Alex Feather
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been working with our ayuntamiento to try and get a grant from the junta to train kids in recording and mixing etc.

Yesterday we started to fill in the on-line application form. We got to the bit about my qualifications and experience and Antonio, the gestor, asked me what mine were. So I told him I had a PhD and D Litt in Philosophy. He sighed and pulled up the drop down box on the form and we looked for them. It woud accept high school certificates, undergraduate qualifications in most subjects, stuff like a teaching diplomas in Basketball, etc. but not mine. So we opted to list me as having an unspecified high school diploma.

We turned to the bits of the form about experience and work sector. So I told him I was an AES registered mastering engineer and had 30 odd years in sound engineering. He sighed even louder and pulled up the next drop down box. Nada. So he opted to list me as a 'general and manual unskilled labour' and put our work sector down as cinema.

So there we have it because the computer says,' No' we are applying for a grant for an unskilled farm labourer with a high school diploma to train people in ciinema.

Wow! This is just so weird how they had to change everything so computer will say YES!
I would expect them to want people like you with Degrees and the whole set!
Ben Higgins
Oh, that is classic !!! laugh.gif
The Uncreator
Rather dumbs down your experience and knowledge I'd say
Saoirse O'Shea
By the way my wife's reaction to this was, 'Well they've confirmed officially what I've been telling you for years.' laugh.gif
Opetholic
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way my wife's reaction to this was, 'Well they've confirmed officially what I've been telling you for years.' laugh.gif

Haha biggrin.gif
jstcrsn
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

our wife's always do have a way of lifting us up,don't they
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 4 2012, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
our wife's always do have a way of lifting us up,don't they

You've gotta stop getting drunk and letting your wife carry you upstairs ! laugh.gif

SirJamsalot
Move to America. Those qualifications will get you a few million!
jstcrsn
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 5 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've gotta stop getting drunk and letting your wife carry you upstairs ! laugh.gif

lucky for me , my bedrooms on the main floor , but she could if she needed to
Todd Simpson
Sounds about like an NEA grant here in the states. Built by bean counters. sad.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.