Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kris's Guitar
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Guitarman700
I know its a parker, but what model and how much?
FretDancer69
I think its a NiteFly Mojo, im not sure tho, they are all very similar
Kristofer Dahl
Yes it's a Parker Nitefly!

You should be a ble to find it on ebay for 800-1200 usd I think.
Guitarman700
I love the look, But hows the sound and playabilty?
David Wallimann
I use the same model Kris has and the playability is realy realy AMAZING.
The neck is the best I have ever tried.
It's extremely comfortable and all the hard licks are easier on it.
It's definitally worth it.
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jun 12 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, when i saw kris using that guitar for the first time, i wanted it right away! tongue.gif . But im broke right now sad.gif
Evan
The Parker Fly has some special features that set it apart. I got a chance to try one out a couple of years ago:

The body is very thin. The one I tried couldn't have been much thicker than about 4cm/about 1 and a half inches at the the thickest part.

It's fingerboard is made of a composite material rather than wood.

The neck itself looked like mahogany. It's shape and size is like the neck of the les paul.

It has stainless steel frets instead of the usual nickel/silver alloy. The frets are not huge like jackson, but more medium size I would say. The shape of the frets is more 'round' than usual. They feel very smooth with bends maybe because of the harder steel. The frets were installed and shaped really well.

The frets do not extend into slots in the fretboard -they are held on by a strong glue -or maybe they are molded or built into the fiberglass or whatever that fretboard is made of- it was hard to to tell just by looking.

The tremolo/vibrato bridge is unique to this guitar. It is full floating with the ability to be locked completely, limited to push down only or full floating mode. It's made of aluminum and seemed to be of high quality. The shape of the bar felt strange to me since I'm used to a floyd rose, but that was just me.

The one I played had a piezo pickup with active electronics built into the guitar for that pickup. The output jack is stereo so you can send the normal and piezo sounds to separate amps if you want. I was told that it will also work on a regular non-stereo guitar cable but I didn't actually see that done when I tried the guitar.

I also believe that the pickups in this guitar are of a special size. I think they would have to be to fit in the extra thin body.

The layout of the electronics is also unique to this guitar. I didn't try out all of the features mainly because I didn't know what all the controls did.

The scale length is 25.5 inches (like strat).

The guitar was surprisingly loud unplugged and the action was very low. The neck felt great although it was very different from what I'm used to. The thin body made the guitar very light and comfortable. It had a modern sound to it, I'm not really sure it there's really a direct comparison with another guitar I can think of. It sounds more like a strat than a les paul to me, with pronounced highs and attack -but it still sort of has it's own tone. I liked the guitar a lot, but there are so many special things about it I think it would take me a while to get used to it. I think it's great and versatile guitar and it surprises me that more people don't use them. Overall, very high quality. The shape is cooler in person than in pictures and I have no idea why, maybe if you ever look at one for yourself you'll know what I mean. There's many small curves that you can't see in the pictures and back side of the guitar is curved nicely also.
Scott Gentzen
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jun 12 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been meaning to pick one up and see what the fuss is about. I like different.

I've read that the body's so thin, you have to use custom pickups in it. That kinda scares me a little.
Ryan
thats 1 guitar that will go into my collection....before i die..im gonna have like 50843205748307598438975890439 different guitars lol.....parker....like Kris..has will be iethe rmy enxt guitar..i get or maybe a shecter..but it will be mine....in the next couple of years..tongue.gif
Scott Gentzen
QUOTE (Evan @ Jun 12 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Parker Fly has some special features that set it apart. I got a chance to try one out a couple of years ago:

The body is very thin. The one I tried couldn't have been much thicker than about 4cm/about 1 and a half inches at the the thickest part.

Wow. I shoulda waited to post. heh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.