Enough said !

http://news.sky.com/story/962136/robbery-f...ng-us-pensioner

It's like the real life Walt Kowalski from Gran Torino laugh.gif
thefireball
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 20 2012, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough said !

http://news.sky.com/story/962136/robbery-f...ng-us-pensioner

It's like the real life Walt Kowalski from Gran Torino laugh.gif

Oh yeah, I saw that the other day. LIKE A BOSS!!
Ulrik
Yes a hero, but still if he had killed one of the boys would it have been worth it. What about him hitting others?

Todd just posted about a shooting.

Such episodes happen because of a loose gun law.

It is not a human right to carry a gun! It should not be nescessary for a civilian to have an automatic weapon.
Nihilist1
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 20 2012, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes a hero, but still if he had killed one of the boys would it have been worth it. What about him hitting others?

It is not a human right to carry a gun! It should not be nescessary for a civilian to have an automatic weapon.

After living in the USA and Canada and seeing both places I can confidently say it isn't the law(the regulations in both countries are relatively close). There is something here in the states that makes people act a lot differently. I don't know what it is, but I guarantee that tightening regulations here in the USA is not the way to go. For instance, I currently live in a state where automatic firearms are highly illegal, and it doesn't stop criminals from obtaining them. While I don't believe people should own automatic weapons, it is easy enough to convert guns into automatic weapons or to buy them on the 'black market'.

I do own a bolt action rifle for protection, but I only take it out if I am going to the range to keep up my marksmanship. Once I get home, I put it in its case and hide it in my closet -- where I don't see it, which makes it so I don't really think about it.

That being said, I personally wish the world went back to using swords and bows, but... Zombies laugh.gif
Mudbone
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 20 2012, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the US, a special license is needed to get a fully automatic weapon. This licence is pretty much impossible to get, and probably less than 1% of legal gun owners have it.

Switzerland has about as many guns per capita as the US, but never have mass shootings. In fact, every Swiss male takes home his military issued rifle. The reason why we have gun related problems in the US isn't due to the massive amount of guns, its due something wrong with our culture and our society.
Nihilist1
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 20 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the US, a special license is needed to get a fully automatic weapon. This licence is pretty much impossible to get, and probably less than 1% of legal gun owners have it.

Switzerland has about as many guns per capita as the US, but never have mass shootings. In fact, every Swiss male takes home his military issued rifle. The reason why we have gun related problems in the US isn't due to the massive amount of guns, its due something wrong with our culture and our society.

+1

You explained this much better than I did laugh.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 20 2012, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. I know it's a cliche and sorry to post it but 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people'.

I do agree with Ulrik that it was a very questionable thing that the old guy was firing a weapon in close proximity to other civilians. If he had hit someone, even if it was a perp, it would have gone from a robbery situation to a murder. However, I think we all just like to see someone kick a criminals ass sometimes wink.gif
Nihilist1
This might sound ridiculous, but I have been seeing OAP used a lot lately. What does it mean?
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 21 2012, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This might sound ridiculous, but I have been seeing OAP used a lot lately. What does it mean?

Old Age Pensioner smile.gif
Nihilist1
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 21 2012, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Old Age Pensioner smile.gif

Thank you for the clarification.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.