Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Everyone Doing For Xmas ?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Ben Higgins
This Xmas, I will spend it as I normally do.. just quietly and at home. However, one year I think it would be cool to spend it somewhere else.

How are you spending this Xmas and are any of you going away on holiday ?
Marek Rojewski
I'm pretty sure I'll also spent this X-mas at home. There is a possibility that my birthday will be celebrated in "conjunction" with X-mas, and that means chocolate cake to devour while relaxing biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 7 2012, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure I'll also spent this X-mas at home. There is a possibility that my birthday will be celebrated in "conjunction" with X-mas, and that means chocolate cake to devour while relaxing biggrin.gif

Chocolate cake ? Combined Xmas and birthday celebrations ? Sounds like it might be real hard work, man tongue.gif tongue.gif

P.S It's great to see you again.. so what's new in your world ? smile.gif
Christophe
I may will go see the family who are at 500km far away !

PS : Your track #6 sounds a bit darker, I like that smile.gif
Dieterle
I stay relaxed home with my family -- no visitors !!!

Dieter
SpaseMoonkey
As with most holidays, I will be spending it at work. But they cater in some good food usually. Last time was like shrimp alfredo and such.
bleez
I'll be at home, probably just eat too much and then hate myself for a while smile.gif
PosterBoy
I'll be fairly near you Ben as we are visiting my parents in Honiton, Devon for Christmas
HungryForHeaven
Just me, a bunch of guitars, and a bigger bunch of beer. At home.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 7 2012, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time was like shrimp alfredo and such.

I don't even know what that is ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 7 2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be at home, probably just eat too much and then hate myself for a while smile.gif

laugh.gif

There's nothing like self honesty !

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 7 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be fairly near you Ben as we are visiting my parents in Honiton, Devon for Christmas

Nice one ! smile.gif

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Dec 7 2012, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just me, a bunch of guitars, and a bigger bunch of beer. At home.

That's all ya need ! cool.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
I will be with my family as always. By now it's time to start thinking on the Christmas gifts... biggrin.gif
Timmy b
For me this year, its the usual christmas festivities at my girlfriends families place. Most likely there will be plenty to eat and drink and then much time spent on the coach! smile.gif
del-4fr53e3
I'll spend Christmas with my family, but on the 25th I'll be off for Tokyo! happy.gif
Gitarrero
I'll be driving home for christmas (Haha...I hate that song...) which means I'm gonna spend two weeks at my mom's place in my hometown Münster. I'm gonna visit some relatives, gonna go to some more Die Toten Hosen concerts with my buddies and maybe...just maybe there'll be a surprise for you guys as well.
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 7 2012, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even know what that is ! laugh.gif

I hope your joking....

Alfredo is typically spaghetti with a cream, butter, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese based sauce.. Ugh now I want some.... tongue.gif
BTrian
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 7 2012, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and maybe...just maybe there'll be a surprise for you guys as well.

you're going to dress as santa, grab your guitar, fly around the world and hop out of our chimneys?
Gitarrero
QUOTE (BTrian @ Dec 7 2012, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you're going to dress as santa, grab your guitar, fly around the world and hop out of our chimneys?

Come on, be serious. This wouldn't be a surprise to any of you guys here tongue.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 7 2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope your joking....

Alfredo is typically spaghetti with a cream, butter, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese based sauce.. Ugh now I want some.... tongue.gif

Errr..... ph34r.gif

Yeah... I'm joking !!

Click to view attachment

ph34r.gif
Bossie
i'll be baking waffles ! tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I'll most probably spend Christmas with my family and then hit the mountain house with the band and our girls - quiet and relaxing - just what we need after a loud year smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 8 2012, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'll be baking waffles ! tongue.gif

Sounds reasonable ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 8 2012, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll most probably spend Christmas with my family and then hit the mountain house with the band and our girls - quiet and relaxing - just what we need after a loud year smile.gif

Oh man, I envy you.. but in a good way biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 8 2012, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, I envy you.. but in a good way biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I just hope that it's gonna happen and no snow is going to hit us as hard as last year
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 8 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif I just hope that it's gonna happen and no snow is going to hit us as hard as last year

Yeah.. the white stuff is beautiful but not so helpful with travelling !!
Sensible Jones
Just a quiet one at home with my Mum and my younger Bro, Older Bro is living in Edinburgh and is working over the Xmas period so won't be coming down.
Cosmin Lupu
In here pork is KING for Christmas laugh.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 9 2012, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In here pork is KING for Christmas laugh.gif

You guys don't eat Turkey or Chicken for Xmas in Romania ? smile.gif
Slavenko Erazer
WHat Turkey? huh.gif

This brings us to Kingdom Come on Xmass

Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 21st we're in Malaga and on the 23rd we're in Puerto de Santa Maria. XMas Eve we go to a party at a neighbour's house, starts at about 9pm and finishes sometime on the 26th but we tend to leave at about 1 am on XMas morning. Xmas day we have as a family day. 26th we're having frineds over for lunch. 27th and 28th we're off to Ronda to stay at some friends.

We don't have turkey for XMas lunch as none of us like it. Each year we alternate who cooks starter, main course and a dessert. It's my turn this year to do the dessert so I'm doing an orange creme (bit like an orange flavoured creme brule with some oloroso sherry added). My daughter's doing the main course and my wife's doing the starter.

The big celebration here though isn't XMas but The Three Kings (Epithany) on 6th January so the festivities go on until then. My daughter getspresents for both XMas and Three Kings.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 9 2012, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dec 21st we're in Malaga and on the 23rd we're in Puerto de Santa Maria. XMas Eve we go to a party at a neighbour's house, starts at about 9pm and finishes sometime on the 26th but we tend to leave at about 1 am on XMas morning. Xmas day we have as a family day. 26th we're having frineds over for lunch. 27th and 28th we're off to Ronda to stay at some friends.

We don't have turkey for XMas lunch as none of us like it. Each year we alternate who cooks starter, main course and a dessert. It's my turn this year to do the dessert so I'm doing an orange creme (bit like an orange flavoured creme brule with some oloroso sherry added). My daughter's doing the main course and my wife's doing the starter.

The big celebration here though isn't XMas but The Three Kings (Epithany) on 6th January so the festivities go on until then. My daughter getspresents for both XMas and Three Kings.

Kind of urinates all over Egg Nog, mince pies and The Great Escape on tv doesn't it ??? laugh.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 9 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHat Turkey? huh.gif

This brings us to Kingdom Come on Xmass

They even eat the pork skin! It's called 'sorici' and it's uttered 'sho'reech' - my God this is so funny laugh.gif
wollace03
Just the usual traditional way... family, excited kids who can´t wait until it gets evening, parents. loads of food and my sons playing flute and me playing guitar - everyones singing (all togehter its sounds so horrible that it sounds good again).....
the best time of year to slow down and refill your batteries...
and then we got to our cabin in the woods of styria, hope for a lot of snow and celebrate the end of the year...

best time of the year!
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Dec 9 2012, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(all togehter its sounds so horrible that it sounds good again).....

Sounds like a lot of band practises that I've had ! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.