Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In the style of Gary Moore - Ballad & Blues
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Offa
Original lesson: In the style of Gary Moore - Ballad & Blues by Piotr Kaczor

Take 1 of my Gary Moore style Video. Thank you very much for your feedback! Jan

Ben Higgins
Guten Morgen Offa !

You picked a great lesson to learn. It's also very challenging !

You show a good grasp of your string bending technique. This can still be improved by being more accurate with the pitch of the bends but generally, it's good.

The hammer on/pull offs of some of the opening phrases could be more fluid. It sounds as if you're waiting a bit too long before executing the pull offs there. I would try isolating the pull off licks so you are more comfortable with them smile.gif

Overall timing can be improved, try playing along with Piotr and see how close you can get the phrases to line up with him. It won't be exact, of course because a lot of the licks are more about feel than exact timing.. but you should be able to get most of the phrases a lot closer to Piotr's timing.
Alex Feather
You did a very good job! I think in order to make this lesson perfect you need to spend more time practicing it at a slower tempo this way you will have a full control over your hands and will be able to get use to the bends! Also a good trick would be just to play it using a metronome without any backing tracks this way you can hear everything you play and it will be easier to recognize mistakes! Try it out! smile.gif
Overall you did a very nice job! Keep rocking! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey there Offa!

Nothing more to add aside from what the guys have already said - the usual goes here, listen to the original with great care and practice slowly and focused. As this lesson is a bit longer, try to anticipate each move so that, you won't find yourself in the difficulty of not knowing what's next and managing to bust it a bit before remembering smile.gif

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Offa!

You already received great feedback from the other instructors, I just can add that you also have to concentrate on your vibrato technique. It should be more consistent and wider. wink.gif
Fran
That was close, 6.75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.