Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engl E-650 Blackmore
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
MickeM
I'm on the look for an amp.

Changing my mind every day, every hour even. Brunetti 059, WHOA.. but too expensive. Elmwood M60, keep for life, but expensive... IF I can manage I will get this. Mr Hector... cheap but a little dubious built quality. Rivera, too expensive. Hiwatt... nah, right now I rather get a hi-gain amp than a brit.

The ENGL Powerball or Fireball are cool but a little too much bite, punch and chuga-chuga for my taste. I've come to belive the ENGL Blackmore is more versatile and a bit friendlier sounding but enough to kill on demand. cool.gif
And the price is right, here in Europe it is.

Who got an opinion on it?
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 22 2007, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm on the look for an amp.

Changing my mind every day, every hour even. Brunetti 059, WHOA.. but too expensive. Elmwood M60, keep for life, but expensive... IF I can manage I will get this. Mr Hector... cheap but a little dubious built quality. Rivera, too expensive. Hiwatt... nah, right now I rather get a hi-gain amp than a brit.

The ENGL Powerball or Fireball are cool but a little too much bite, punch and chuga-chuga for my taste. I've come to belive the ENGL Blackmore is more versatile and a bit friendlier sounding but enough to kill on demand. cool.gif
And the price is right, here in Europe it is.

Who got an opinion on it?

Ask the Amp guy ... oh wait ...
MickeM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 22 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif
I saw you posted and expected to find there was an ENGL Blackmore patch for the POD.
moles
i recommend asking

here
http://p222.ezboard.com/bespguitarsmessageboard

its meant the esp forum but its not really moderated.

the guys there know everything. really helpful, just make sure dont to sound like a complete idiot cuz they do tend to rip people to shreds tongue.gif

+ they love engls biggrin.gif
JVM
I'm looking at a couple myself. I'd also LOVE a freakin' modena, but yeah, too expensive. I'm looking at orange amps (http://www.orangeamps.com/) or maybe b-52's. Then again, your budget is probably higher than mine.
blindwillie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 22 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rated this thread 5 stars because of this biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 22 2007, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif
I saw you posted and expected to find there was an ENGL Blackmore patch for the POD.

laugh.gif Not yet!
blindwillie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 22 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Not yet!

Close though. There is one ENGL Powerball E 645 tongue.gif
MickeM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 22 2007, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking at a couple myself. I'd also LOVE a freakin' modena, but yeah, too expensive. I'm looking at orange amps (http://www.orangeamps.com/) or maybe b-52's.

I've heard a lot of good about the B-52's!!! If you're in the states and looking for an hi-gain amp and can't afford a Mesa Boogie as far as i understand a B-52 is the way to go.

QUOTE (moles @ Jun 22 2007, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i recommend asking

here
http://p222.ezboard.com/bespguitarsmessageboard

its meant the esp forum but its not really moderated.

the guys there know everything. really helpful, just make sure dont to sound like a complete idiot cuz they do tend to rip people to shreds tongue.gif

+ they love engls biggrin.gif

Thanks, I will try that... taking the risc to be shred to pieces ohmy.gif

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jun 22 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rated this thread 5 stars because of this biggrin.gif

haha And can you belive I started it!!! I take cred laugh.gif
JVM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 22 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard a lot of good about the B-52's!!! If you're in the states and looking for an hi-gain amp and can't afford a Mesa Boogie as far as i understand a B-52 is the way to go.

Awesome. Have you tried one? I'm definitely going to try one. Theres a couple of different models too, do you know anything about them?
MickeM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 23 2007, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome. Have you tried one? I'm definitely going to try one. Theres a couple of different models too, do you know anything about them?

I havn't tried one, in fact I've never seen one on this side of the puddle. The tube models are AT and ST but I never looked into what's different between the two. There were both a head, 1x12 and 2x12 combos.
Reviews HERE

And they got rectifier tubes (or one?), at least I think both the AT and ST does.

If you find out one can switch it to run on 230V be sure to let me know. For the price they sell for I'd definitly be interested.

EDIT:
A few sound clips or various quality. Dunno if it says that much but should at least give an idea.
Soundclick demo
Clip
Says on the intro page he uses a B-52
Clip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.