Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is This A Good Deal?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
JTaylor
I was down at the music store today and they showed a guitar they got in. It is a Jackson SL3MG.It is Japanese made. The color is black and it has a Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85 pickups, 24 frets, is a neck-thru,and has a hard case included. The price is US $500. Anyone know if this is a great deal? I have tried looking on the internet for prices, but it is out of stock everywhere and they are not showing the prices. I did find a used one for $780, so I am assuming $500 is a good price. If anyone knows< I would appreciate the feedback! Thanks!
Slavenko Erazer
WOW, it's an extra deal. That guitar costs around 1000 eur in europe!! i was looking for that guitar few years ago, but couldn';t find it, so gave up...

U can read a review on ultimate_guitar , it got 10 sound wise!!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ele...l3mg/index.html

Btw, welcome back Jtaylor!
JTaylor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 2 2013, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW, it's an extra deal. That guitar costs around 1000 eur in europe!! i was looking for that guitar few years ago, but couldn';t find it, so gave up...

U can read a review on ultimate_guitar , it got 10 sound wise!!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ele...l3mg/index.html

Btw, welcome back Jtaylor!

Thanks brother! I forgot to add that it is used but you cannot tell it is. It is nice!!
mroberts70
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jan 2 2013, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was down at the music store today and they showed a guitar they got in. It is a Jackson SL3MG.It is Japanese made. The color is black and it has a Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85 pickups, 24 frets, is a neck-thru,and has a hard case included. The price is US $500. Anyone know if this is a great deal? I have tried looking on the internet for prices, but it is out of stock everywhere and they are not showing the prices. I did find a used one for $780, so I am assuming $500 is a good price. If anyone knows< I would appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

From everything I've seen, pretty much any Jackson manufactured in Japan is a solid guitar. I had 3 of them, just sold my mint condition Japanese dk2s for $700 without the case.

If you are getting one in good shape with the original case, 81/85's and a floyd rose for $500... I'd say that's about as decent of a deal as you will get from a guitar shop.

Japanese Jacksons are from my past experience about as close to US quality if not better in some cases as you can get.

I'd say if it's an axe and pickups that you want, then you would be happy with it for that price.

That's my 2 cents worth. smile.gif
Slavenko Erazer
You should go and try it, see how the neck and sound suits ya...
For that money it should be amazing deal, but if it looks like new, you should consider buying it, cos it's ultimate metal machine.
At least i would buy it for that money cool.gif
HungryForHeaven
I have that exact model, and it is my favorite guitar alongside my Presige Ibanez. For $500, I would almost buy it without seeing it first. As Slav says, it was around €1000 (or just over) when it was available.
JTaylor
It took hours, but my wife said to get it!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif She also wants me back on GMC so I will be back in the mix here very soon! What a woman!!! Click to view attachment
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jan 2 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It took hours, but my wife said to get it!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif She also wants me back on GMC so I will be back in the mix here very soon! What a woman!!! Click to view attachment

Indeed, what a woman! Mate, it looks like you're a lucky dude - so when will the first recording with the new guitar tickle our ears? biggrin.gif
bleez
nice guitar dude. Ive always liked jacksons, I'd like to get one myself at some point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.